• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Went to bed watching "October 14, 1973 Kuramae Kokugikan world powerhouse against Antonio Inoki & Seiji Sakaguchi vs Lou Thesz & Karl Gotch" on NJPW World. It was a 60 minute bout, with 3 rounds and I enjoyed every minute of it.

That was my first Karl Gotch match, he was great even if he was like 70 or so.

Vee_One

I can honestly see why they'd ban the curbstomp. A kid could paralyze or kill another kid by actually trying to do it and you don't want that shit connected to your champion.

Honestly I'm surprised they ever let him have it/do it. It's a curb stomp for crying out loud.

I have no doubt that Seth can perform it safely 100% of the time and it looks awesome but at the end of the day it's a curb stomp.

I don't understand why do many people on the IWC (God I hate that term) dont get this.

SUPER DRAGON! *clapclapclapclapclap*

Y4ISQoU.gif

They should just let Seth use God's Last Gift again;

daq7ZWZ.gif

Better than yet another shitty DDT variation.

Alucard

Banned

I figured, but there's no way to stop bullies online so I'll just try to drop it

I admire the commitment to the gimmick.

Come on, man. Even if you don't like this online persona of mine, it doesn't mean we're not allowed to like the same movies. You're taking this way too seriously and are working yourself into a shoot. Just drop the pretense a little bit, or if you wanna shoot, just shoot straight, brotherjackdude. What's your issue with me? I've stated mine with you but am willing to drop it if you can be real for a post or two.

miserable

Honestly I'm surprised they ever let him have it/do it. It's a curb stomp for crying out loud.

I have no doubt that Seth can perform it safely 100% of the time and it looks awesome but at the end of the day it's a curb stomp.

I don't understand why do many people on the IWC(God I hate that term) dont get this.

nowadays it's called ISEC, get with the times brother

Sephzilla

Terminator 1, like Alien, is vastly better than its sequel

I can accept the Alien argument because, honestly, Alien and Aliens are hard to compare. It's not that one movie is necessarily better than the other, it's just that they are both very different movies in terms of genre. Terminator 2 is better than Terminator 1 in almost every way though, get out of here with that garbage.

NJPW World Library is pretty immense, and the quality is damn impressive. Watching that match from the 70s was odd, since the image quality was damn good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm debating going to Shine 27 in Tampa. Are the shows typically pretty good?

Shine shows are pretty good - the crowd SOMETIMES can get weird, which sucks. Like creep weird. But Shine is excellent most of the time.

Here's 27's card:

SHINE Championship Match
Santana defends vs. Mia Yim

SHINE Tag Team Championship Match
The Kimber Bombs of Kimber Lee & Cherry Bomb defend vs. Legendary of Brandi Wine & Malia Hosaka w/ Leilani Kai

Brass Knuckles On A Pole Match
La Rosa Negra vs. Taylor Made w/ April Hunter

Anything Goes!
Jessicka Havok vs. Su Yung w/ April Hunter

Leva vs. Tessa Blanchard w/ April Hunter

Leah Von Dutch vs. Thunderkitty w/ Leilani Kai

Live Event Hostess Heather Lynn

Plus More Featuring -
-Allysin Kay
-Amber Gallows
-Tracy Taylor
-Valifornia of Andrea & Jayme Jameson w/ So Cal Val
-Crazy Mary Dobson w/ Daffney
-Xandra Bale

It'll be a good show, looking at the lineup. People keep talking up Tessa Blanchard so keep an eye on her. I haven't seen enough, sadly.

Nooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!
Goto you bastard!!!
Great match with Goto and Nakamura

Thinking about
Goto's big win
, there really isn't someone ready for Dominion since the big names are all in feuds. This would be a great time to bring in an outsider since AJ / Okada is such a strong main. Alberto would be the biggest name but I'm not sure that would work with the CMLL partnership. From ROH, I doubt they'd let whoever wins between Briscoe and Lethal go but the looser would be work. Elgin would be a good monster but his work seems to be on the downswing. Any other ideas?

I admire the commitment to the gimmick.

Come on, man. Even if you don't like this online persona of mine, it doesn't mean we're not allowed to like the same movies. You're taking this way too seriously and are working yourself into a shoot. Just drop the pretense a little bit, or if you wanna shoot, just shoot straight, brotherjackdude. What's your issue with me? I've stated mine with you but am willing to drop it if you can be real for a post or two.

I never said I disliked you and with only a few rare exceptions I quite like all of the members of this community. I often make posts hastily and then edit afterwards to fix the language so it reads better or to adjust my meaning to be more accurate. I do this because I don't think in complete thoughts but rather in very specific ideas so I like to be very precise in my diction so as to not obfuscate my meaning in any way. Quite often I can't get the verbiage totally right so I'll completely remove a post or replace it with a completely different one. Addressing such an Edited post and then presuming to know and tell me the reason for my censorship is wildly condescending and rude.

As to our previous interactions wherein you believe I was unfairly targeting you, there are a few specific behaviours common among the ISEC which I will always mock. Such behaviours include improper use of words (including but not limited to those within the carnival/wrestling lexicon), over-analysis of individual pieces of a match (this is especially prevalent with both Botchamania and the over abundance of gifs), and the posting and amateur analysis of financial reports or viewer ratings.

There are other specific types of posts which I'll react to by mocking but I think the general theme of all of them is discussions marked by a mix of pretentiousness as well as ignorance. I don't begrudge anyone who regularly engages in these kinds of posts, but I can absolutely understand why someone who does may feel that I am targeting them specifically. Let me state that I do like you and your enthusiasm Alucard, but that I feel this exuberance is often expressed in a negative way which gets in the way of your point and puts me off whichever product you happen to be excited about at the time.

I hope this makes it more clear to you Alucard and let me say for certain that I do agree with Data West's opinion regarding the Terminator and Alien movies.

Top Bottom