• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Kaladin

np24Hw2.jpg

Zach

Ultimately, it was Dixie. She was the one making the big decisions, the one with her fingers on the purse strings and she's the one who put Russo in charge and bought into Hogan & Bischoff's BS hook, line & sinker. She's a fucking putz, basically.

This is basically my impression after listening to her on Austin's podcast. He seemed to pussyfoot around her BSing quite a bit. I mean, I don't blame the guy, but she was clearly blowing a ton of smoke. I'd say she was disrespectful if she didn't seem so genuinely dumb.

What happened with him at roh? Bad blood?

Walked out of the company while he was still a tag champion by going on TNA without telling anyone. And then burned the bridge by saying the did a piss poor job trying to get him to stay.

I will say this though, Davey Richards did worse. He burned at least three bridges (NJPW, WWE, ROH).

Lucha Underground is stacked tonight

Fenix vs. Mil Muertes in a Death Match, Prince Puma (c) vs. Hernandez for the Lucha Underground Title
Johnny Mundo vs Aerostar
Vampiro conducting a sit-down interview with Sexy Star

NXT has a bunch of squashes

Owens vs. Solomon Crowe in a non-title match, Bayley vs. Emma, Finn Balor vs. Tye Dillinger, and the team of Blake & Murphy vs. Elias Samson & Mike Rallis.

To recap today's events so far, Lucha Underground has signed some sort of a new deal with Univision.

ROH is coming to Destination America as a lead-in for Impact. Presently, it will just be tapes of their existing shows that are in the can.

TNA had a press tour scheduled and canceled it, but they have a company-wide conference call soon.

For some comedy, here's the F4W board thread about the ROH on DA deal - http://theboard.f4wonline.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=184144

Wrestling Observer Live notes -

ROH-DA deal has been in the works for months.

ROH show will be the previous week's show airing on DA.

DA likes the viewership that wrestling gets, but isn't happy with the ad rates that TNA gets them.

ROH's deal time isn't fully known, but it's believed to be until the end of the year.

ROH is happy with the deal because this lets them expand the reach of the ROH deal beyond Sinclair markets.

ROH feels like they won't be able to use Joe - but WWE hasn't told them anything yet. They have a plan to use him or to not use him.

DA has no say in ROH's creative direction.

Bryan's heard things about TNA and DA in the past, but wasn't really sure about them until today...and they may or may not involve "certain e-mails".

Thanks to this deal, NJPW gets to be on both AXS TV and Destination America.

ROH is officially the number 2 promotion in the US between DA and their syndication deals.

Did Meltzer drop any hints about roh /da? Seems pretty big to miss it

Walked out of the company while he was still a tag champion by going on TNA without telling anyone. And then burned the bridge by saying the did a piss poor job trying to get him to stay.

I will say this though, Davey Richards did worse. He burned at least three bridges (NJPW, WWE, ROH).
Oh damn. sucks for him. I guess Davey said some questionable things about wwe roh too? Wow he's fucked

To recap today's events so far, Lucha Underground has signed some sort of a new deal with Univision.

I don't think thats official yet. The link that was being passed around is six weeks old and is not an announcement of season two. LU season two is very likely but nothing has been said about when or where it will air.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Did Meltzer drop any hints about roh /da? Seems pretty big to miss it

Not that I've seen. Which is kind of hilarious that he didn't know anything about this.

But we all know by tonight he'll have some carny dirt sheet response: "I knew, but didn't want to say anything given the situation with TNA and I"

Kaladin

Davey didn't burn a bridge with WWE - they felt they had enough guys like he and Eddie around, so they didn't sign them.

I like to think Davey and Eddie are the guys Triple H is talking about whenever he refers to wrestlers not working out when they don't want to adapt to the WWE style of doing things.

WOR Breaking News Audio just went up. Turns out Dixie said nothing about ROH, cancellation, or anything else about DA other than to say "we can't talk about it yet" and just talked about a load of irrelevant shit.

An hour long conference call where she managed to say nothing about the situation. Sickening.

Kaladin

TNA gonna TNA?

On a lighter note, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is free on the PS4 in June with PS Plus....I never played it, awesome sauce.

Toki767

It's too bad ROH couldn't get on Spike. Although I'd imagine Destination America's audience has to be bigger than where ROH currently airs.

JavyOO7

Won't the same situation happen with ROH? TNA's stuff has been good lately but advertisers really don't like to put their stuff on TNA that much. How is ROH going to avoid that?

Aiii

So not worth it
Won't the same situation happen with ROH? TNA's stuff has been good lately but advertisers really don't like to put their stuff on TNA that much. How is ROH going to avoid that?

By earning the same for DA at a fraction of the cost.

Cub3h

Banned

ROH is a lot cheaper to produce, plus it's already being produced for Sinclair so DA probably got it quite cheaply.

Top Bottom