• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

CGCM-UDVIAAONmN.jpg

klonere

Banned
Is Owens losing weight? My eyes could be playing games with me.

Yes, he is. Gotta be slim for the Cena burial, less ammo for Mr. WWE.

Fantastic opening segment. Definitely a nice change from the dry opens they have been doing recently. Everyone felt legit. Owens is the most dangerous heel - he's clearly delusional but is so logical with his reasoning you kinda agree with him. Like those genius serial killers.

TraBuch

Banned
Whether it's film, TV, wrestling, whatever, it kinda bugs me when one person's talking to someone in one language, and the other responds in a different language. Kinda ruins the immersion.

Brosiris

Neo Member
Aren't they just trying to salvage Reigns character by associating him with the most over face they've still got?

Most likely. It's just frustrating to feel like I could really get behind a Dean Ambrose or Dolph push. But a REAL push. Not Dean Ambrose main eventing ppvs and losing them all in ridiculously convoluted ways that don't really protect him and not the whole Dolph Ziggler great Survivor Series win that goes nowhere and has no payoff.

I just can't get behind Roman Reigns the same way because he seems to have an easier time getting pushed/protected/got to keep the shield gimmick. He feels entitled because his real life interviews feel like Kevin Owen's heel promos: "I don't care what some nerds say about me, I'm providing for my family."

Also, I don't know if this is a cultural thing but a lot of faces get these pushes/gimmicks based on their heritage, like they'll say Charlotte is genetically superior or Roman is from a great Samoan lineage and the Rock's cousin, but isn't it a (potentially) heelish thing to be good not because you've earned it/worked for it but because you were "born better"? Maybe it's a Vince thing.

Anyway, Roman: I know it's your JOB, but I wish it was your DREAM and not something you did because you couldn't play football anymore.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Reigns has been better on promos since mania, mainly because he doesn't do many. He's had bad RAW matches and great PPV matches since XXXI though, I think he'll be fine.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The most hilarious thing about today's news is that DA was in talks with LU for MONTHS. They were seriously considering actually going all in with wrestling after the first few TNA shows did great ratings and stacking two indie promotions on top of each other is a good idea that no one tried before.

Then that shit with Dixie happens and now they are basically getting replaced by a repeat.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I guess it shows how toxic the TNA brand name is as well, especially to advertisers.

It's not like ROH hasn't failed multiple times when it came to cable deals.

Top Bottom