• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

CGLI_yWUUAAKbFz.jpg

Not sure if Roman Reigns or Brief Goatee Phase Bo Dallas

CREEPY

Hasney

Friend of mine lost a battle with cancer recently. Expected since he was given a short time frame to live and lived 2 years, but still.

I've hinted at it in the past, but if anyone noticed that I always defend Jericho when he's brought up, it's because he actually became good friends with that guy. One of his other mates works at a radio station and got him backstage at a Fozzy gig (he even liked the music he was that much of a mark) and they had a good time apparently, Jericho apparently didn't realise he was the dude with cancer as he was so positive, which he has been through all of it, it's mad to see how much energy and positivity he had. He managed to talk him into putting him into the Walls of Jericho and got a picture of it, even though he wanted the Liontamer, but Jericho said he always had problems putting it on bigger guys without the risk of seriously hurting them!

Anyway, over the past 18 months, he and Jericho texted and snapchatted a lot and I think it's what got him through it. Jericho helped him propose to his girlfriend in the middle of the ring and as he wasn't well enough to have a real stag do, all of Fozzy had his face on sticks and took it with them around whatever town they were playing in and have pictures of them partying and even girls making out with the face sticks.

It wasn't some make a wish thing that would ever be publicised, hell, he's not even a kid and his night would have been made just meeting him, but everything he did for a Jerichoholic was fucking awesome. Sure, he does the things he does in the business to keep making money and I can't blame him for that, even if some things are a shadow of his former self, but even if his heart doesn't appear to be in wrestling when he comes back, it is in the right place.

I've wanted to mention all that before when he's been brought up, but my friend asked that I didn't until he passed because he didn't want it to get out there. But hearing all the things he did as it happened did make me love the guy even more. It meant a lot to my friend to the point where he even had the Y2J countdown as part of his funeral.

If you want to hear how positive he was, Jericho even had him on his podcast back in June on a YouTube exclusive one. There's not even any adverts on it or the usual Jericho pre-amble if that annoys you.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Jericho is a super nice guy and has always been one of my favorite wrasslers. The post above just makes him look even better in my eyes.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
He's signed, and debuts on TV within two months, immediately put into the main event of NXT, wins the NXT title two months after his debut, debuts on RAW only three months after that by beating up John Cena, now debuts immediately on PPV facing Cena and is moving to the main roster, all while being undefeated.

That's a hell of a rocket strapped to him.

Will the WWE Universe turn on Owens like they turned on Roman, friends?

jmdajr

Friend of mine lost a battle with cancer recently. Expected since he was given a short time frame to live and lived 2 years, but still.

I've hinted at it in the past, but if anyone noticed that I always defend Jericho when he's brought up, it's because he actually became good friends with that guy. One of his other mates works at a radio station and got him backstage at a Fozzy gig (he even liked the music he was that much of a mark) and they had a good time apparently, Jericho apparently didn't realise he was the dude with cancer as he was so positive, which he has been through all of it, it's mad to see how much energy and positivity he had. He managed to talk him into putting him into the Walls of Jericho and got a picture of it, even though he wanted the Liontamer, but Jericho said he always had problems putting it on bigger guys without the risk of seriously hurting them!

Anyway, over the past 18 months, he and Jericho texted and snapchatted a lot and I think it's what got him through it. Jericho helped him propose to his girlfriend in the middle of the ring and as he wasn't well enough to have a real stag do, all of Fozzy had his face on sticks and took it with them around whatever town they were playing in and have pictures of them partying and even girls making out with the face sticks.

It wasn't some make a wish thing that would ever be publicised, hell, he's not even a kid and his night would have been made just meeting him, but everything he did for a Jerichoholic was fucking awesome. Sure, he does the things he does in the business to keep making money and I can't blame him for that, even if some things are a shadow of his former self, but even if his heart doesn't appear to be in wrestling when he comes back, it is in the right place.

I've wanted to mention all that before when he's been brought up, but my friend asked that I didn't until he passed because he didn't want it to get out there. But hearing all the things he did as it happened did make me love the guy even more. It meant a lot to my friend to the point where he even had the Y2J countdown as part of his funeral.

If you want to hear how positive he was, Jericho even had him on his podcast back in June on a YouTube exclusive one. There's not even any adverts on it or the usual Jericho pre-amble if that annoys you.

That's a tough deal man. Very sorry to hear. Nice for you to show Jericho in a positive light. I for one have neeeEVAR... jumped on the hate Jericho bandwagon. These days Rock music ain't cool, so I guess that adds to the Jericho hate. I don't know, but it's pretty extreme. Folks need to lighten up.

Again I'm sorry man. Cancer fucks up all our live's.

Hasney

Again I'm sorry man. Cancer fucks up all our live's.

Yeah seriously, I'm amazed I've made it to 30 and this is the first experience of it happening with anyone that was even remotely close.

You can now have an image of Jericho licking my friend that was burned in my head for quite a while.

1tFLCgW.jpg

Oh so this is the person Jericho mentioned in the Owens episode.

Condolences.

Fox318

Sorry for your loss. Fuck cancer.

Yeah seriously, I'm amazed I've made it to 30 and this is the first experience of it happening with anyone that was even remotely close.

You can now have an image of Jericho licking my friend that was burned in my head for quite a while.

1tFLCgW.jpg

He's wearin a scarf! That means hes a heel

Hasney

Condolences.

I'll have to check this one out later then, I tend to skip Jericho and Austins podcasts for a while and then binge on the good guests.

In lighter news, I had an email about tickets for TNA in the UK... I'm almost tempted just to say goodbye with my middle finger for everything bar the Christian era.

Hollywood Life reporting Stephen Amell fighting at Summerfest

Against Stardust

:jnc at people thinking him/Goldust bombing would only lead to good things. now he gonna job to a celeb :[

kirblar

Good to see someone with a bunch of experience not be stuck in NXT for years with no end in sight.

(looking directly in Sami Zayn's direction)
I think Owens is essentially getting Sami's "bump up" slot because of the injury, and should be heading straight to the main roster once he's ready to go.

Hasney

Condolences.

Thank you for mentioning this. Based on the comment, I thought it would just be mentioned a little in passing because he was a guest, but I'm glad I heard this now instead of when I got around to it naturally and heard his perspective on it all while I'm going through it all because holy shit that was tough to listen to, yet fantastic to hear because that's how I knew him.

Thanks to the rest of you too. Like I said, the dude overcame the odds with how long he survived, even more than a regular Cena match, so I was ready for it but it still hits.

Damn. :(
As a person who had cancer 7 years ago this month. I am sorry.

Hasney

So I've not watched any wrasslin since the NXT special. Judging by the gifs, Lucha is worth watching (RIP Darios Office), but is NXT?

Fox318

So on Smackdown after his interview
Dean Ambrose showed up and walked by him. So he is possibility going to cost Dean the title it seems.

I still think now's the time to give the strap to Ambrose even if its for 3 weeks. Plus Rollins could win the title back in a dirtbag manner only to run into Brock come Battleground/Summerslam

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I can't believe people don't like Mil's old timey pinstripe pajamas look. He looks like a 1930s cartel zombie or something equally awesome.
mfUPzhZ.gif

The all black was a good look too though.

kirblar

If your goal is to make sure people don't unsub right after the PPV, hot-swapping the title is by far your best option. You can get it back on Rollins in time for Brock to win MITB and start stalking him.

Top Bottom