• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Ultratech

Don't get the hype for amiibos. Aren't they just like ghosts in driving games?

Then again Nintendo could sell to toilet paper and it would sell

People like figurines.

People apparently like their unlockables/DLC in figure-like form.

People are crazy.

Money? Money. (YEAH YEAH)

That's my take.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Nintendo can make a decent Diablo clone, the unlocalized Monolithsoft classic, Soma Bringer.

Skylanders at its heart is like my first Diablo/Platformer game, with figures.

This sort of game would kill.

Heel

Does anyone have the feeling that a surprise title change will take place Sunday night? Either Owens over Cena, or Ambrose over Rollins.

I've felt this way since they announced MitB was two weeks afterwards. Have a surprise title change, then hit the reset button at MitB.

The title change is Naomi going over. Mark this post, brehs.

Amiibos are this decade's Furby-ass Beanie Babie load of horseshit that's all going to wind up in a fucking dumpster and you're all fools for buying them.

Ultratech

Nintendo can make a decent Diablo clone, the unlocalized Monolithsoft classic, Soma Bringer.

Skylanders at its heart is like my first Diablo/Platformer game, with figures.

This sort of game would kill.

Soma Bringer was awesome as hell. (And as you said, a Diablo clone.)

Still kinda pissed they didn't localize it.

Now if they could make a sequel and put some actual online play in it, they'd be golden.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Honestly, these Lawler "Jake the Snake is an alcoholic" jokes are slaying me. Mostly because they are all true. This is Helen Hart insults times a million.

Heel announcer Jerry Lawler was a fucking psycho in the beginning. I mean later it was all about puppies and praising Triple H but at the start? Outright calling for the murder of every other wrestler. He practically drooled whenever a face took a bump.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Heel announcer Jerry Lawler was a fucking psycho in the beginning. I mean later it was all about puppies and praising Triple H but at the start? Outright calling for the murder of every other wrestler. He practically drooled whenever a face took a bump.

Yep, he really hits his stride at WM X and is good pretty much until he can't resist Sable, which actually lasts longer than you think. He's still calling her horse faced and I'm almost at the end of 1996. It's VKM who can't shut up about Sable on these broadcasts.

I just got through the weirdest fucking Raw tapings commentary wise. It was Jim Ross as a tweener color commentator talking about Diesel and Razor Ramon coming back, Heel King/Heel Mr. Perfect, and fresh as a fucking daisy play by play man, double K, Kevin Kelly, who sounds like a teenaged Tony Schiavone on these shows.

Thorakai

I managed two complete sets. One for my glass display case in the bedroom, another to remain sealed as a sound investment for retirement.

Woa there Mr. Money Pants, gotta save some of that cash for the inevitable "New Generation" WWE amiibolanders toybox set.

Hasney

I'm staring at an email for UK TNA tickets that went on sale yesterday... For January 2016. They're not even going to last that long, are they?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
The rotating cast of commentators whenever King is wrestling/does his in ring talk show/has a rape charge is always interesting. Plenty of them are pretty good and I've got a rough order here.

Slammy Award Winning Owen Hart, the King of Harts. Like a unicorn he only appears a few times, but is amazing when he does.

Jim Cornette. Quite good, but too busy considering he's usually involved in 2-4 angles.

HBK. Does a ton of shows during the legal troubles period of Lawler. Has great chemistry with Vince. This is unfortunately not repeated when they try it again in 1998 with pilled out of his mind HBK.

The Million Dollar Man. Underrated commentator.

Mr. Perfect. Inconsistent. Great when he's involved, awful when he's bored.

Hasney

Best thing King ever did was quit over Miss Kitty. I like prime attitude era JR/King, but JR/Heyman was another level.

If you've never seen the Heyman DVD, at least hunt down the stories JR tells about him. It's no wonder he could act like they had legit heat.

Alucard

Banned
My daughter just sat through all of The Last Unicorn before the age of 3. Doing my job as a nerd dad. Is The Last Unicorn a #deadgiveaway of something?

Alucard

Banned
I managed two complete sets. One for my glass display case in the bedroom, another to remain sealed as a sound investment for retirement.

Very wise. Those will go great alongside your Treasure Trolls. Actually, your Treasure Troll funds have likely matured by now. Set up that garage sale and watch that money troll in.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Mind Games is the most WWF PPV I have ever seen. 1996 is obsessed with the phrase Mind Games so it stands to reason they'd use this. Great show so far. Plus Diesel and Razor Ramon will be on RAW tomorrow despite that lying Gorilla saying that they've had no contact with Kevin Nash or Scott Hall (Vince McMahon grumbles something about a television stunt here, it's so great.)

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I've got everything but El Ray on my cable package. The one I most would like to watch is the one I don't have. I've seen a couple of episodes of the Spanish language version, and it's okay.

I've got everything but El Ray on my cable package. The one I most would like to watch is the one I don't have. I've seen a couple of episodes of the Spanish language version, and it's okay.
I only get El Rey in SD (480i, 2.1 stereo). Annoyingly, it's letterboxed but still in a 4:3 aspect ratio and my tv's stretch/zoom feature sucks so I can't even properly fill my screen.

So I stick with Unimas.

El Rey is on Sling TV for 20 bucks a month which is pretty good.

That's just $5 per episode of Lucha Underground. Totally worth it IMO, even if you don't watch anything else on the package.

I only get El Rey in SD (480i, 2.1 stereo). Annoyingly, it's letterboxed but still in a 4:3 aspect ratio and my tv's stretch/zoom feature sucks so I can't even properly fill my screen.

Yeah. Same thing for me on DirecTV. That's the main reason I hope they move to a different network for Season 2.

Shades of Lesnar V. Cena in this championship 'I Quit Match' with Kurt Angle delivering multiple Germans to Eric Young. Important to note however is that Angle is not letting go of EY.

The what?
4tv2IYI.jpg

Don't you just want to buy this?

I LOLed at EY getting a two camera shoot in his car. The brawl with Kurt was goofy, but short. Gail-Taryn wasn't much of a match, but I loved the post-match ring theft. X Title gauntlet was random, but I dug Spud regaining the gold. Loved the Mickie-Storm stuff - hopefully they keep them going as a heel duo because they have better chemistry than Mickie and Magnus. Wolves vs. Heels Match 2 was unreal. They did 8 billion things and 7.9 billion of them were great. Love-Velvet stuff was just awful. EC3 vs. Ken over-delivered, and EY vs. Kurt was nice too.

http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...y-mayhem-tv-report-with-ey-angle-i-quit-match

Screens -

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/qjtpg4ek9nzvk0kssmb46cxr5m8y7gwx

Top Bottom