• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Fox318

Zayn Cena match was good.

Honestly I would have had Zayn win but at least he didn't look like a loser.

The Cena-Angle debut doesn't works because most people didn't know about Cena in OVW. NXT is more mainstream and so is the talent.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Improvements
  • No HHH
  • No Steph
  • No Big Show
  • No in ring Kane
  • No Cena in main event picture
  • Face Cesaro
  • Heel New Day
  • Ambrose Main event

No Bryan.
sass2.png

Zayn Cena match was good.

Honestly I would have had Zayn win but at least he didn't look like a loser.

The Cena-Angle debut doesn't works because most people didn't know about Cena in OVW. NXT is more mainstream and so is the talent.
That'd be a mistake.

He's the underdog. He cant win the first night just because Cena is annoying as Superman

They need to recycle the long hard journey of Sami from NXT to get him over with the larger audience

Kicking out of the AA was an example of his stubbornness. Though I would have had him kick out of 2 AAs just to emphasize his character

Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't give you the right to come across as a snobby dick about it. There are ways to express opinions politely.

I said "I know you aren't dumb." So, obviously I was just disagreeing with your wrong opinion and not being personal. I'm not the one telling someone to calm down and calling you a "cock" or a "snobby dick."

So don't tell me what my "right" to speak my mind is.

Fox318

Why are they keeping the Bryan story so tight lipped?

Also that fucking face attempt with the bellas was shit.

Fuck them, they've set back womens wrestling years. They've had a ton of TV time and have nothing to show for it other than moves and angles that relate to their body parts.

Fox318

That'd be a mistake.

He's the underdog. He cant win the first night just because Cena is annoying as Superman

They need to recycle the long hard journey of Sami from NXT to get him over with the larger audience

Kicking out of the AA was an example of his stubbornness. Though I would have had him kick out of 2 AAs just to emphasize his character

You're not wrong.

Regardless it made for good tv and most importantly it was a match that hasn't been done a 1,000 times.

Sephzilla

I said "I know you aren't dumb." So, obviously I was just disagreeing with your wrong opinion and not being personal. I'm not the one telling someone to calm down and calling you a "cock" or a "snobby dick."

So don't tell me what my "right" to speak my mind is.
You followed up that with "Stop acting dumb". You might as well have said "no offense but" and thrown out something offensive. not to mention the page before you also straight up told someone they didn't know anything about wrestling, just because you didn't agree, which is a snobby as fuck thing to say I think.

We're just going to disagree so let's leave it at that

Fox318

No Bryan.
sass2.png

You're not wrong.

Bryan would overshadow everyone else as far as fan popularity. Take him off and you aren't asking yourself why is Reigns here or Orton instead of the guy who is more over and more entertaining.

And honestly the belt is elevated just by not having it on TV every week.

UberTag

You ain't wrong

Here's being wrong: Daniel Bryan is going to have a much longer much healthier wrestling career and it's not going to be sad
In my personal narrative, D.Brine retired as WWE champion after WrestleMania 30 and was never seen or heard from again.

Vylash

great episode as usual, highlights:

new day fighting against years of black oppression and teaching orton a lesson in pain that he'll never forget

naomi shaking down her husband's family tree for a bodyguard

bret cracking slater with the mic

Fox318

Are the odds in favor of Seth retaining the title by pinning Ambrose?

I don't know man.

You take away Lesnar from the mix and you should have Ambrose pin Orton.

It sets up a Shield triple threat between a Champ who hasn't lost, a rumble winner who got screwed, and the fan favorite tweener who now has the strap.
'
Ambrose has been over with crowds despite losing via tv monitor and ghost lantern.

Only reason why everyone is hesitant to believe that a title change can happen at all is because of Lesnar.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Man Roman Reigns has gotten better on the mic for sure. Maybe the pressure of trying to be "the guy" has a negative effect on him.

Cagey

Banned
Neville is the goods. It helps tremendously that physically he looks like he can compete in addition to being fantastic in the ring.

Reigns will get credit for his selling and the little things like facial expressions and other small tidbits that shows he Gets It one day.

Ambrose looking like Ser Jorah up in that friend zone when Orton RKOd Reigns lol.

Wait....so he's still on NXT too?

Sami needs to hit the gym.

Seriously dude. He's been in NXT how long and his body is still fatter Christian tier. Dude is barely #beachbodyready and that's at least half of his damn job right now.

Cena sudden's comebacks like that are absolutely the worst shit. Worse than Orton RKOs. Worse than everything.

No words for SuperAmbrose and his comeback huh.

Yeah. Any semblance of common sense by the IWC, judging by the asinine negativity.

My feed popped up with a picture of a US title and Sami Zayn, so I thought 'surely no one will complain about the face of the company pinning a developmental guy' but I figured I would be wrong.
You guys can't possibly be surprised.

somedevil

Very good Raw: Payback Card so far:

4 Way for the title
Cena vs Rusev
Bray vs Ryback
New Day vs Cesaro and Kidd
Ziggler vs Sheamus
Barrett vs Neville
Naomi vs Nikki

Fox318

Man Roman Reigns has gotten better on the mic for sure. Maybe the pressure of trying to be "the guy" has a negative effect on him.

I've still yet to be interested in hearing from him at all but at least I havn't reached for the mute button like when he was doing promos on magic beans.

You followed up that with "Stop acting dumb". You might as well have said "no offense but" and thrown out something offensive. not to mention the page before you also straight up told someone they didn't know anything about wrestling, just because you didn't agree, which is a snobby as fuck thing to say I think.

We're just going to disagree so let's leave it at that

But see, that's the thing. I addressed your opinion with my opinion. You haven't really tried to show me how I'm wrong, going over any of my actual points. You just want to call me penis names over and over again because I'm a snob or whatever.

So yeah, this isn't a constructive discussion anymore, but that's easily as much on you as it is on me.

Sephzilla

But see, that's the thing. I addressed your opinion with my opinion. You haven't really tried to show me how I'm wrong, going over any of my actual points. You just want to call me penis names over and over again because I'm a snob or whatever.

So yeah, this isn't a constructive discussion anymore, but that's easily as much on you as it is on me.
You're right, I elevated it and I'll own up to that. I'd just like you to own up to your part a bit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
comeon.png

At least with Lesnar you could just say he had no one to challenge him. Bryan we know is simply at home crippled. He isn't elevating shit.

where were you when daniel bryan further destroyed the credibility of the ic title while john cena elevated the us title 2015

RP912

Banned
It doesn't help that I feel like any Bryan match could be his last at this point. That and Bryan basically has no character anymore.

That's the point. Bryne should have hung it up last year on a good end, but instead he came back to a whole lot of trouble concerning his body. I know wrestling is life to some wrestlers, but you only have one life to live.

You're right, I elevated it and I'll own up to that. I'd just like you to own up to your part a bit.

I think you may be a little too sensitive to be on the internet. The fact that you are more offended by what I told some guy about him not knowing about wrestling -- way more than the actual guy I told that to -- is telling.

I'm not going to apologize for offending someone who chose to call me penis names.

Top Bottom