• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

@BellaTwins
Champs just kickin' it backstage 💋 #nethbellins #FearlessNikki #WWEMontreal #RAW @WWERollins @XavierWoodsPhD
CENPVsnVAAALA7B.jpg

KissVibes

Banned
I appreciate how uncomfortable Seth looks in that picture.

Edit: This RAW has been pretty good. Can't wait to find out Russo is back and he booked this.

The IWC? Is that still a thing? All wrestling fans are on the Internet now. Tweeting away during RAW so multiple things become the #1 worldwide trend while it airs.

I use it as a term of derision when people are being stupid--to describe people who don't know shit about wrestling booking but complain about everything reflexively without even thinking. This was a prime example.

Cena was never really in danger of losing though. Especially when he decides to go from 30% full power to 50% full power and AA Sami for CENAWINSLOL

None of this shit you guys are spewing makes the booking bad. The booking was perfect.

-They timed his introduction in front of a hot crowd who knew him and loved him.

-They brought out THE living Canadian legend to put him over.

-They debuted him against the biggest star in the company for the last decade.

-They gave them time, in a competitive match and let him get his cool highspots in.

-They even let him kick out of John Cena's finisher.

-The story was he was clearly a hot young star, but also clearly the underdog from the outset. That's basically the whole fucking story of Sammy Zayn, so they booked to his greatest character strength. Then, to make it worse, he got hurt in the second move in the match. So, that gives him and his fans a built-in excuse for losing. "Oh, if he hadn't got hurt right away, he might've won" sorta thing.​

You can't blame the fucking booking for John Cena's SELLING. I know you aren't dumb. Stop acting dumb.

And maybe Cena went home a little quick so Zayn could have that moment in the ring after the match, which was pretty damn important, and was better with the time. If they had gone "TO THE BACK!" (actually to a commercial) immediately after the match, that would've been TNA-level shit, and would've killed the perceived importance of the moment.

somedevil

Well at least Bryan is a spokesman for 5 hour energy drink and it seems they are not going to strip him of the title right now.

KissVibes

Banned
Why are you so upset that people don't see things the way you do, Pristine Condition? Consider taking a break or something. Jesus.

Well at least Bryan is a spokesman for 5 hour energy drink and it seems they are not going to strip him of the title right now.

That commercial makes me sad.

My wife goes, "Do you think the 5 Hour Energy people looked at that commercial and were just like 'Damn it...'"

Sephzilla

Holy shit BNB actually won. The IC Title really is cursed.

I use it as a term af derision when people are being stupid to describe people who don't know shit about wrestling booking but complain about everything reflexively without even thinking. This was a prime example.

None of this shit you guys are spewing makes the booking bad. The booking was perfect.

-They timed his introduction in front of a hot crowd who knew him and loved him.

-They gave them time, in a competitive match and let him get his cool highspots in.

-The story was he was clearly a hot young star, but also clearly the underdog from the outset. That's basically the whole fucking story of Sammy Zayn, so they booked to his greatest character strength. Then, to make it worse, he got hurt in the second move in the match. So, that gives him and his fans a built-in excuse for losing. "Oh, if he hadn't got hurt right away, he might've won" sorta thing.​

You can't blame the fucking booking for John Cena's SELLING. I know you aren't dumb. Stop acting dumb.

And maybe Cena went home a little quick so Zayn could have that moment in the ring after the match, which was pretty damn important, and was better with the time. If they had gone "TO THE BACK!" (actually to a commercial) immediately after the match, that would've been TNA-level shit, and would've killed the perceived importance of the moment.
You need to calm down

Kusagari

Kevin Owens @FightOwensFight · 9m 9 minutes ago
All these @WWENXT dorks tweeting how proud they are of Sami Zayn should have their Twitter accounts suspended.

bwahahaha

I'll start watching WWE again when the real Rollins/Nikki affair spills on to WWE TV. It'll usher in a new boom era. Believe that.

Also, Canadians, I'm moving from Toronto to Victoria. Anyone out there?

I use it as a term of derision when people are being stupid--to describe people who don't know shit about wrestling booking but complain about everything reflexively without even thinking. This was a prime example.

You ain't wrong

Here's being wrong: Daniel Bryan is going to have a much longer much healthier wrestling career and it's not going to be sad

But he shouldn't be telling people they don't understand wrestling at all and calling them idiots just because he doesn't agree. That's called being a cock.

Sometimes it's true. We have like 35+ years of wrestling booking to compare things to, and what they did tonight was classic wrestling storytelling. It's pretty obvious when people are mad at John Cena JUST for being John Cena, even when he's more just a puppet in a larger booking strategy and does his job as he's supposed to do it.

Fox318

little behind

Man watching Sami coming out gave me chills.

What a great entrance. Too bad he will probably job to the hogan in jorts

Top Bottom