• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

AJW is All Japan which is why AJPW World would be huge. It would give you arguably the biggest promotions of the 80s and 90s, AJW and AJPW. Though I think NOAH has some of the older stuff? Definitely not the joshi stuff. All Japan is the only one of the big three to have ever done any joshi stuff.

Here's hoping!

I'm still a bit confused with NJPW World's layout, as I've only been watching stuff from the 70s so far (which has been individual matches). I had a look at later content, but most of that was individual matches too. Do they have entire shows up, or are they all broken down into matches?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Here's hoping!

I'm still a bit confused with NJPW World's layout, as I've only been watching stuff from the 70s so far (which has been individual matches). I had a look at later content, but most of that was individual matches too. Do they have entire shows up, or are they all broken down into matches?

NJPW World is just done on a match by match basis if it's not current stuff. I assume it's to save them bandwidth. It's usually random matches too, never all the matches from a full card.

Fox318

CEKEbUGUIAA66Zm.jpg

Chris Hero could use Roman's vest

The tag list is probably the best way to browse NJPW World; http://njpwworld.com/tag/ very easy to sort by wrestler or year. Also, the series list has all the matches in reverse chronological order, listed by tours; http://njpwworld.com/series

Watched Vader/Kakihara from UWFi - great extended squash match. Started with the much smaller Kakihara being afraid to lock-up with the big man, only to have his points whittled away as Vader kept knocking him on his ass. Eventually, he realised he had to go all in if he had a hope of victory and kicked Vader right in the fucking face, which turned out to be a big mistake;

T2FVJVm.gif

hWDlACy.gif

SQGILIb.gif

Would love to see the UWF/UWFi libraries on NJPW World someday. Also, while it would be awesome to get the NOAH stuff on there, it probably won't happen due to NTV owning most of the classic NOAH years and NJPW World being run by their competitors TV Asahi.

DAMN! WHY DID I WRITE THIS BOOK? Is a compilation of short stories all focused around the four letter word that has ended more wrestling careers than steroids, pills and alcohol combined. HEAT!
HEAT - A "black cloud" that follows a superstar after a personal conflict or misunderstanding between two individuals or more backstage.

In Damn! WHY DID I WRITE THIS BOOK, I take the reader, on a journey, from the beginning of my career, to the final curtain call; sharing stories on how I battled Heat from day one, while managing to piss off more people for writing this book!!!

JTG's bookk Sounds like a barn burner

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I dunno, it makes sense to me. Just like Bryan being anti-vax.

He only wants to fight when he thinks he has an advantage.

The real question is, why does he think he has an advantage against John Cena in an I Quit match?
He's going to put Lana in the Accolade.

Kaladin

One thing from last night that did not go unnoticed:

Sami Zayn's suicide dive tornado DDT got the "What-a-maneuver"' call from Booker T.

I've got my eyes on you Book.

RP912

Banned
Finished watching the triple tag match from Dontaku. Dope match. Good to see the tag titles going back on the smooth bellies of the Young Bucks.

So I read Michelle Beadle's rant on why she's no longer supporting WWE after 18 years of being a fan.

I get that she's doing this to use her voice against supporting someone with a criminal past like Mayweather, but really?

There are far worse things that have happened over the past 18 years to drop your support of WWE over. Far worse things than a tweet congratulating Mayweather for his victory in the biggest boxing match of the century.

Even if she gets Triple H to issue some apology or statement, I hope she enjoys having her super fan access revoked.
Am I supposed to believe in those 18 years of being a WWE fan she missed both the Mayweather - Big Show match and Triple H as part of Mayweather's entourage for one of his fights?

But it's a congratulatory tweet that ends it for her!

Am I supposed to believe in those 18 years of being a WWE fan she missed both the Mayweather - Big Show match and Triple H as part of Mayweather's entourage for one of his fights?

She didn't know about Mayweather's past until the stuff resurfaced before the fight.

Just like she probably doesn't know Tyson's in their HOF. If she did that would have probably been her last straw. People tend to not realize how much of a bubble you're in at ESPN. Unless it's a special story, you don't know shit outside of MLB/NBA/NFL/sometimes NHL and soccer (even some of them needed a John Oliver segment to know how fucked FIFA is)

klonere

Banned
The mobile app could be designed a little better. But, over all I'm happy that I finally joined.

I feel the Android version has issues with what sort of quality it defaults to. I can never get a really crisp looking video on my Nexus tablet even if I can get HD quality on my PC.

Checking out the new IGF results and Daichi Hashimoto lost to Knux, I assume thats the old Mike Knox, in a seven minute match. Bet the New Japan dojo's looking pretty good right about now.

So I read Michelle Beadle's rant on why she's no longer supporting WWE after 18 years of being a fan.

I get that she's doing this to use her voice against supporting someone with a criminal past like Mayweather, but really?

There are far worse things that have happened over the past 18 years to drop your support of WWE over. Far worse things than a tweet congratulating Mayweather for his victory in the biggest boxing match of the century.

Even if she gets Triple H to issue some apology or statement, I hope she enjoys having her super fan access revoked.

who's gonna risk it all and take one for the team by posting this in OT?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Gedo doesn't care about anything that's not the heavyweight singles division. Even the NEVER and IC title are belts that are over because of who had them(Ishii and Nakamura) and I see them dropping drastically in their prestige/power now that they're on old dude Makabe and B+ Goto.

Hasney

Zayn is a trooper for breaking his shit and then having that kind of a match after
BIG MATCH PLAYER

Small doses of big matches though, we don't want him hurt.

Although he could tag with Bryan and be called 'X'. Named after the symbol the ref will be throwing up during the match.

Aiii

So not worth it
Small doses of big matches though, we don't want him hurt.

Although he could tag with Bryan and be called 'X'. Named after the symbol the ref will be throwing up during the match.

Shelton Benjamin wants his gimmick back.

Her favorite wrestler is Stone Cold. I'm guessing she doesn't know about his past.

Hasney

Well isn't the rating a reflection on the trend of the previous weeks more than anything? You can't expect the one good Raw in 10 to pop a rating while it happens.

Aiii

So not worth it
Arguably one of the better RAWs in awhile and it had poor ratings? :(

People are supposed to smell good Raw's coming on advance?

No, you give people bad programs, they tune out.

Consecutive good Raw's will increase ratings, a random good Raw in the midst of a bunch of awful ones will do just as badly as a bad one in the midst of a bunch of awful ones.

Top Bottom