• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

KissVibes

Banned
11013186_10155558033910173_7828396003920380812_n.jpg

dying #RileyIsAShitlord

Alex Riley is a worse Zack Ryder.

All his tweets are just him trying too fucking hard to come off as cool and relevant. The man photoshopped himself into the logo for id Software's RAGE. He talks about how he makes room for a little pain to keep him alive. He's Zack Ryder without the self-awareness and more time spent hanging out with people that work in Hot Topic.

Riley looks like a man in his mid-forties that wrestled once Sunday Night Heat and years later has found himself in a jobbing position but thinks he deserves more than that.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure you guys are never going to let the blindness rumor from REDDIT go.

A rumor from Reddit.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Whenever WWE signs guys like Uhaa, I just think, 'ok so you want him for like 5 years or so because his knees are going to explode before that contract is up'

what happened with raw today, it was great. effective use of a lot more of the roster then normal. they made sami look like a star, the tag champs weren't booked as a joke against the top of the card, ambrose got in the main event, authority segments were engaging, big show wasn't there...

did vince sleep through the booking meeting or something?

UberTag

Whenever WWE signs guys like Uhaa, I just think, 'ok so you want him for like 5 years or so because his knees are going to explode before that contract is up'
That's the problem with the WWE signing all of these established indie stars because they no longer know how to make anybody good in developmental wrestling the WWE way. They come with all of this mileage that inevitably guarantees a limited shelf life once they finally make it up through NXT and into the big leagues.

No wonder we've been stuck with Kane for two decades.

Fox318

That's the problem with the WWE signing all of these established indie stars because they no longer know how to make anybody good in developmental wrestling the WWE way. They come with all of this mileage that inevitably guarantees a limited shelf life once they finally make it up through NXT and into the big leagues.

No wonder we've been stuck with Kane for two decades.
They made the Miz and look what a draw he is.

How bizarre, I had to stop watching Raw partway through and actually was a little sad since this just had to be one of the few occasions where it was actually pretty enjoyable, Ambrose/Rollins was fun.
Then I spoiled myself on the rest, kinda wish I hadn't because Zayn but otherwise I couldn't safely post right here in May Wrasslin' *thumbs up*.
I think this Corporate Kane era is what's best for business, who needs Trips in the authority role?

Tonight is Stir Fry. Not wrestling related, but I wanted to share as I really like Stir Fry. Yum.
Tonight is the night
Bright lights, hype crowd
Yeah, we came to chow down
Everybody get loud
Tonight is the night

Every week I come in here and 9/10 I saw wow RAW was bad last night.

Last night RAW was a lot of fun, The crowd was magnificent, and who ever booked the show should be running the show. And Cena is still a POS.

hitme

Last night was great because of multiple reasons.
1. No 20+ promos.
2. No BEEG.
3. Kane NOT wrestling.
4. Focus on all the midcard and tag team.
5. Deano not in midcard hell anymore.
6. NEW stuff (New Day promo, Sami's debut)
7. Crowd was hot.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Every week I come in here and 9/10 I saw wow RAW was bad last night.

Last night RAW was a lot of fun, The crowd was magnificent, and who ever booked the show should be running the show. And Cena is still a POS.

I don't think you read the thread, everyone was happy about Raw

and Vince booked the show

Aiii

So not worth it
what happened with raw today, it was great. effective use of a lot more of the roster then normal. they made sami look like a star, the tag champs weren't booked as a joke against the top of the card, ambrose got in the main event, authority segments were engaging, big show wasn't there...

did vince sleep through the booking meeting or something?

Didn't you hear? Vince is blind now, they just told him whatever he wanted to hear and then gave everyone the proper script instead.

Fox318

Last night was great because of multiple reasons.
1. No 20+ promos.
2. No BEEG.
3. Kane NOT wrestling.
4. Focus on all the midcard and tag team.
5. Deano not in midcard hell anymore.
6. NEW stuff (New Day promo, Sami's debut)
7. Crowd was hot.

One of the things WCW always did so well was everyone was able to talk about the main event.

If Macho was wrestling Luger hw would talk about Hogan vs the Giant in an interview

Toki767

Cena vs Zayn was kind of sloppy.

Not really any botches, but Cena's always kind of a sloppy worker and Zayn was probably really nervous.

Aiii

So not worth it
People complaining are just silly, they petty much have Zayn the same debut as they did Cena against Angle. Both Neville and Zayn got ideal debuts, good stuff.

People saying Zayn was sloppy must have missed the news that he hurt his shoulder and was hurting, probably very badly, before the match even began. What a champ.

dream

Vince being blind is AWESOME.

Think about what a control freak he is, particularly over his own body. I think about Paul E. Dangerously's anecdote about how much Vince hates sneezing because it gestures towards a lack of control over his body's refusal to submit to his wishes. Imagine how angry Vince must be to not be able to see anymore.

Top Bottom