• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think I've only seen Beyond Thunderdome once, I should give it another go. Coincidentally, I showed two of my friends MKX this weekend and they both in unison referred to Ferrah/Torr as Master Blaster

Good reason for that, they're straight outta Mad Max. I call them Ferrero-Rocher though because sweets.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Beyond Thunderdome is the one where you're like 'boy this movie series is fucking stupid.'

You started to feel that one by the second one though. None of those three movies are anywhere close to perfect though.

tumblr_mdnwk3voC41qawbqgo2_500.gif

Xater

I have watched the E60 thing and enjoyed it a lot. That is something you can also watch if you are not into wrestling at all.

I think I've finally drank enough crappy coffee to finally be tired of it, it was my 'new' thing this year, but I'm over it now. It's time to return back to water and a nice cup of tea, occasionally having coffee.

It depends what you're after, if you're looking for a relaxing somewhat secluded 10 day break it's a good place to go - lots of walking, wildlife, scenary, etc. with local places to eat. Even the Scottish Boarder region and Lakes are a nice place to go.

I've stayed here before and it was really relaxing: http://www.bookcottages.com/cottages/100-LK4-the-heronry.htm

I'm in Scotland until tomorrow morning. Definitely worth a look, there's some stunning scenery up here. Loch Lomond is great.

Plus you can't beat a scottish fry up, like an English breakfast but with added potato cakes and flat sausage. Almost worth the journey on its own.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Since I'm a NeoGAF user I need help making decisions - I feel like my legit backlog (not everything I own, naturally) is too big and I need to focus on finishing games. I find myself going back to games I enjoyed a lot and playing them again and again - double and triple dips of the same game on multiple platforms just to give me an excuse to play them again. So here's a list of "shit I should probably finish that I haven't finished before" - and I'd like a little direction from my friends.

Infamous: Second Son
Arkham Origins' DLC
Hitman: Absolution (never did finish it, got pretty far though)
Postal 2
Space Hulk: Ascension
Wasteland 2
Assassin's Creed Unity's DLC

Or I can keep playing and getting achievements/trophies in shit I love. BLEGH

Sephzilla

Since I'm a NeoGAF user I need help making decisions - I feel like my legit backlog (not everything I own, naturally) is too big and I need to focus on finishing games. I find myself going back to games I enjoyed a lot and playing them again and again - double and triple dips of the same game on multiple platforms just to give me an excuse to play them again. So here's a list of "shit I should probably finish that I haven't finished before" - and I'd like a little direction from my friends.

Arkham Origins' DLC
Postal 2
Wasteland 2

Infamous and Portal 2 are the best games on that list so I'd say finish those two first.

Arkham Origins' DLC
Postal 2
Wasteland 2

Second Son isn't as good as Infamous 2 (imo) but looks great and is an easy platinum if you can be arsed with that kind of thing (and can hold in the vomit).
Didn't bother with Origins, but if the DLC is anything like Arkham City's was, don't waste your time.
I thought absolution was underrated, I really enjoyed it. There's a few shite missions that eschew the fun stealth stuff for corridor shooter crap, but worth getting to the end. Cornfield and Wrestler stages were good fun.
No opinion on the other games as I haven't played them.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
jmdajr, stop, you'll attract a Gaf Community

Infamous and Portal 2 are the best games on that list so I'd say finish those two first.

Postal, not Portal. Portal 2 fuckin SUUUUUCKED

Second Son isn't as good as Infamous 2 (imo) but looks great and is an easy platinum if you can be arsed with that kind of thing (and can hold in the vomit).
Didn't bother with Origins, but if the DLC is anything like Arkham City's was, don't waste your time.
I thought absolution was underrated, I really enjoyed it. There's a few shite missions that eschew the fun stealth stuff for corridor shooter crap, but worth getting to the end. Cornfield and Wrestler stages were good fun.
No opinion on the other games as I haven't played them.

I'm about halfway through Second Son and I really liked Infamous 2 a lot more. Setting goes a long way - Seattle feels kinda half-assed and it's really obvious this was a game intended for the PS3. Looks like shit. The neon helps, though. It's very pretty.

I've enjoyed Absolution a lot - it's just not the same as older Hitman games but it was fucking smart how it did challenges. I absolutely loved Contracts mode and I think that's the biggest and best innovation they've ever done, aside from how INCREDIBLE Hitman Go was. Go is SO GOOOOOOD.

klonere

Banned
mhFA08E.png

... well this thread will be interesting tomorrow morning.

why

why have this on a Raw for a feud going into its totally unneeded 4th PPV match. and we get deprived of the US Open Challenge.

this Lana break up thing is going to be fucking horrible.

also I guarantee we are getting New Day and Uppercats again and its going to start feeling hella stale. even if the smackdown match was fantastic. Ryback should be a tag team dude, has he ever tried that?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
why

why have this on a Raw for a feud going into its totally unneeded 4th PPV match. and we get deprived of the US Open Challenge.

this Lana break up thing is going to be fucking horrible.

also I guarantee we are getting New Day and Uppercats again and its going to start feeling hella stale. even if the smackdown match was fantastic. Ryback should be a tag team dude, has he ever tried that?

A little Ascension could go a long way...

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
you are seriously rustlin my jimmies today

Wheatley was the laziest, shittiest character I'd ever had to deal with. Just absolutely horrendous. Also I hate puzzles. Sunny hate thinky. I did finish it, though. Shitty shit! The end shot though was a clever thing compared to the rest of the game.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nothing wrong with shootbang. The worst part is the millennial journalists who don't want people to think they enjoy shooters for merely shooters and try to talk about 'puzzle elements of approaching fights and picking weapons.'

Halo isn't a puzzle, mother fucker. You just like violence and won't admit it.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Nothing wrong with shootbang. The worst part is the millennial journalists who don't want people to think they enjoy shooters for merely shooters and try to talk about 'puzzle elements of approaching fights and picking weapons.'

Halo isn't a puzzle, mother fucker. You just like violence and won't admit it.

What makes it differ is that you can't (usually) brute force your way through a puzzle. There's only one solution, or maybe a couple.

With Gears of War, if I wanted to hide for 3 mins behind cover, fire one bullet, and do it again and again through the whole game I eventually could. But that's no puzzle.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
You know what game is fun? Driveclub. I would like more simcade style racers. Is there a current gen version of Ridge Racer or Sega Rally Racing?

You should probably buy an Xbox One if you want to play a good racer, friend

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Project Cars is multiplatform, buddy.

With those framerate drops? No thanks, friend

Have one already. Are we talking about Forza Horizon 2?

I have a PC and am going to come off as a filthy casual but is it "too sim"? Or can I play it with assists and all that.

Yes, Horizon 2 why the fuck don't you own that?! OMG fix this, now. Be happy. Drive forever.

Aiii

So not worth it
Have one already. Are we talking about Forza Horizon 2?

I have a PC and am going to come off as a filthy casual but is it "too sim"? Or can I play it with assists and all that.

Yeah, plenty of assists really. It's sim, but you can manage a pretty decent lap fairly quickly.

I spend maybe an hour in their F1 sim before I managed a decent lap without too many fuck-ups really (w/ steering wheel btw): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0NtKYGfb40

With those framerate drops? No thanks, friend

Yes, Horizon 2 why the fuck don't you own that?! OMG fix this, now. Be happy. Drive forever.

Heh, I will check that out.

Yeah, plenty of assists really. It's sim, but you can manage a pretty decent lap fairly quickly.

I spend maybe an hour in their F1 sim before I managed a decent lap without too many fuck-ups really (w/ steering wheel btw): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0NtKYGfb40

I have a wheel but don't want to move everything around to plug it into the PC. Stick with a controller for now but will take a serious look into this game. Thanks!

Top Bottom