• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Mother's Day message from the king

tumblr_no38044iN61qksbhvo6_400.gif

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I like on the first Nitro how Hogan is telling Luger about 'coming into WCW' like Luger isn't more associated with WCW and Hogan pushing Luger first for no real reason.

Brother brother brother.

Hex

Banned
I'm watching WWE E60

Adam Rose is a good dude. Hope he doesn't get released.

Kevin Dunn hates the Adam Rose gimmick, and was all up in Vince's ear.
Even though the crowd was all into it, that is why everything got to stupid screwy and he became jobber heel so quickly.

Thorakai

Kevin Dunn hates the Adam Rose gimmick, and was all up in Vince's ear.
Even though the crowd was all into it, that is why everything got to stupid screwy and he became jobber heel so quickly.

Can't believe they never pulled the trigger on The Bunny vs Adam Rose.

What do you mean? What's wrong?
Not really feeling Hogan and Paige in these types of roles. I would've liked to see Sara Del Rey in the mix but the WWE population at large doesn't know who she is. Feel like Hogan is just there to be the old guard brotherjackdude. Jericho just makes me wish Austin was back mainly for his real ass presence that he brought.

Of course this whole thing could turn out a lot better than I think it will be.

DMczaf

--One of the reasons WWE isn't adding a ton of old footage to the network is that almost nobody watches it. The stuff that is popular are the specials and NXT has now become popular. The Roman Reigns 24 and Jericho with Stephanie were the most watched shows of the past week. Also popular is the Springer show, the last two PPV shows and the Austin season of Tough Enough.

Huh? Huh? You get it? V. K.? Huh?! Little too subtle for wrestling fans?

The best part was that, the week before his debut, they ran a promo where he reffers to himself as Michael Wallstreet, and, when he showed up the next week as VK Wallstreet, Heenan called bullshit immediately and questioned Bischoff about it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
The best part was that, the week before his debut, they ran a promo where he reffers to himself as Michael Wallstreet, and, when he showed up the next week as VK Wallstreet, Heenan called bullshit immediately and questioned Bischoff about it.

Actually, Bischoff was the one who called bullshit, funny enough.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
"I thought I heard something pop, but I just figured Heenan had gas"

Mongo is still better than anyone doing it today.

Not really feeling Hogan and Paige in these types of roles. I would've liked to see Sara Del Rey in the mix but the WWE population at large doesn't know who she is. Feel like Hogan is just there to be the old guard brotherjackdude. Jericho just makes me wish Austin was back mainly for his real ass presence that he brought.

Of course this whole thing could turn out a lot better than I think it will be.

True. I especially agree with what you said about Hogan and Chris.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
All I have left of Wrestlemania XII, otherwise known as the mindgames Wrestlemania, is the end of the Diesel/Taker match and the Ironman Match. Fun show.

Toki767

I just watched the AJ Styles/Kota Ibushi match.

Damn that was a hell of a catch at the end. It easily could have gone wrong.

I never really watched the old stuff on the Network. The feeling of... well, not so much "anything can happen", but anything can *subsequently* happen, that I have no way of really knowing where things are going (even if, most of the time, it's obvious), is a major part of why I watch wrestling. Even the best stuff loses some luster without that live or near-live "wow" factor, that feeling that the story is not just engaging on its own, but pulling you into something larger. I can appreciate old stuff, on a technical level, but compared to old literature, movies, and TV, it's not a very personally enriching or enlivening experience.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I'd probably give up on the Network without old wrasslin. I like the PPVs but I could easily skip most of them and just sign up for Rumble, Mania, and if a good card shows up.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Keep talking about a ban in any community and that will happen to you. Especially if you've been warned. It's dead simple.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I could honestly buy Meng as world champion level in WCW in 97. Even if part of it is colored by his real life badassness. He is at maximum hoss size at this point and him and Barbarian are the most that mother fuckers in the promotion at the time after Arn retired.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's insane that the two biggest members of the Stud Stable (Mid 90's WCW incarnation) are the manager and his body guard. Two huge motherfuckers.

jred2k

As someone that shares a first name with the community manager for 2K15 I am proud to announce, exclusively here on WrassleGAF, WWE: Babiez coming to Vita in the fall of 2015.

Top Bottom