• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

kickstarters really come a long way from a platform for people who don't know how to get the funding for their ideas to a really crackin' preorder platform for industry veterans.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Wrestling apparel - not even once

I own wrestling apparel. I have a Bruce Tharpe-des shirt and a Bad Luck Fale shirt.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
RP912 can have my spot, Bootaaay. I had enough ultraviolence watching UFC this weekend.

hunt1.0.0.jpg

Never forget, friends.

Why is Ultraviolent month CZW again?
Why not a company that is actually well booked and well-liked, like BJW? Or a FMW memorial thread.

Because Tournament of Death. How many other deathmatch promotions have an iPPV next month that we can all watch live? I was planning on including a bunch of other new & old deathmatch stuff from promotions all over the world, though - plus, if we get more than 13 people doing reviews, I was going to include some BJW, IWA Japan and FMW shows.

Thinking about taking up on that offer to do a review for cee zee dubba. I don't have any software for gifs though...so it'll be old school Meltzer PWI type of shit.

If that's ok...then I'm down.

Yeah, that'll be fine, but it's real simple to make GIFs with GIFcam;

blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/

How did you feel about Super Castlevania IV? Did it ruin the whole series, or was it perfect? How you answer is very important...

This is a tough question, because SCIV is one of my all-time favourite games and the game I hounded my parents to buy me a SNES for back in the day, so my feelings of nostalgia are very high - however, while aesthetically it did a great job of updating Castlevania for the 16 bit era (as well as adding in some new flourishes, like the Mode 7 rooms and clever usage of the whip) and the soundtrack is undeniably awesome, it also eschewed the punishing difficulty of the NES originals and set the series down a path that saw it abandon precision and platforming, instead replaced by hit points and backtracking exploration. The 360 degree whip was a cool idea, but too overpowered.

¡HarlequinPanic!;163533757 said:
kickstarters really come a long way from a platform for people who don't know how to get the funding for their ideas to a really crackin' preorder platform for industry veterans.

I'm sure people will turn on it once they see the final gameplay graphics like they did on MN9 lol.

I actually hate Symphony of the Night and the Castlevania GBA/DS games... give me something like Castlevania 3 or 4.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Well, let's just agree when it came to punishing NES platformers, Ninja Gaiden was a better game in all aspects than Castlevania 1.

RP912

Banned
Yeah, that'll be fine, but it's real simple to make GIFs with GIFcam;

blog.bahraniapps.com/gifcam/

Appreciate it. I'm down then :D. I been on a huge writing kick because of my poetry class. So I want to sharpen up my skills on some good ole ultraviolence.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
¡HarlequinPanic!;163533757 said:

It's like Wrestling conventions for video game guys. Even if they sucked or haven't had anything of note in years, they'll still get your moneys because you 'remember the good ol' days'

Bandini

Well, let's just agree when it came to punishing NES platformers, Ninja Gaiden was a better game in all aspects than Castlevania 1.

Absolutely. Ninja Gaiden is still very playable to this day, I took the opportunity to revisit it on a sick day recently and had a blast. Level 6-3 and the final bosses are still a bitch.

it just boggles my mind that they roll out these low effort KS's with not even a second of some conceptual footage, just some ugly stills. AND its ugly 2.5D AND the stretch goal is some crummy voice acting bleh.

Least yooka-laylee had some footage and a demo.

I kind of feel like its old dudes holding down new talent, its reign of terror HHH!

And its conflicting as hell because that IGA devs play video from the weekend was great.

scabro

hunt1.0.0.jpg

Never forget, friends.

FearfulVeneratedAmericanbobtail.gif

This past weekend makes CZW look like a kindergarden playdate.

Kirkland literally had his lifespan shortened by a few years and Hunto got beat down so bad he was actually retroactively pronounced dead a week before the fight by the post fight doctor backstage.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Unfortunately it looks like Shittyvania will be making its goal. No doubt has a Shitty No 9 future ahead of it where people are shocked by how bad it looks once they put some work in.

I wonder if Iga will struggle making a game where he has to use all-new sprites, backgrounds and sound effects. Uncharted territory for him, I'd say.

Was he also in charge of the Morrigan sprite for 2 decades of fighting games?

RP912

Banned
FearfulVeneratedAmericanbobtail.gif

This past weekend makes CZW look like a kindergarden playdate.

Kirkland literally had his lifespan shortened by a few years and Hunto got beat down so bad he was actually retroactively pronounced dead a week before the fight by the post fight doctor backstage.

God :(

and they say "Boxing is Dead". Jeez. At least dude hit something even though it was the rope.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Fuck David Hayter too. That dude is cornball as fuck I don't care how much nostalgia you have for him. His 'tough guy snake' voice couldn't come off any phonier. I knew it was phony the first time I heard it and I had never even heard him speak prior. Worst VA in video games.

Sephzilla

Unfortunately it looks like Shittyvania will be making its goal. No doubt has a Shitty No 9 future ahead of it where people are shocked by how bad it looks once they put some work in.

I didn't support Mighty No. 9 because it was being made by the guy who was responsible for a bunch of Capcom's shitty ideas during the PS360 run.

NES Batman was a good Ninja Gaiden game. Hard as fuck too, couldn't even get past the third level.

NES Batman is the best Ninja Gaiden game.

FACT

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Who has the best sunglass-tipping game in the wrestling world? Who would look at home here? Besides Piper.
tumblr_no73y2rr7V1smgwqeo1_540.jpg

RP912

Banned
Piper looks like he's taking off a smartphone in that picture.

Other than that...Preston got the sunglass game on lock.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
American Males pic is currently beating The Rock.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Neck tattoos just scream "I don't want to be seriously considered for a job ever again"

Hey fuckface, I have a neck tattoo!

But I tower over everyone I deal with at work so they can never see it. Plus a collared shirt.

11037076_1615451065368057_7741449463419021444_n.jpg

Takeshi Morishima announcing retirement during last night's NOAH show. No tour or nothing, his career is now over, doctors orders. Here he is crying in the ring. #ThankYouMorishima

poor guy

Top Bottom