• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but Scottish people - what's the deal with typing the way you speak? "Gid", "Wae", "Daein", and so forth. If I typed the way I sahnded, people would fink I was a pwoper mug.

I think Bootaaay would like the Raikage in Naruto since he not only uses Liger Bombs and Lariatos, but like a true deathmatch veteran he chops off his own arm of his own accord.

Now that's commitment to the spot. Ian Rotten would be proud.

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
I saw a guy wearing a King of Strong Style Nakamura shirt while bar hopping downtown with friends on Saturday. I didn't say anything to him because I wanted to stay #safe.

As much as I love Enzo, this made me laugh:

tumblr_no7735wDh51qeuiqyo1_250.png

tumblr_no7735wDh51qeuiqyo2_250.png

Now that's commitment to the spot. Ian Rotten would be proud.

The best part is that his arm was on fire, and when he chopped it off he just had a matter-of-fact look on his face. Then he later went on to team with his brother and delivered a vicious double lariato to an enemy which decapitated him.

Entropia

No One Remembers
WrassleGAF Viewing Night is happening TOMORROW NIGHT at 7pm Central / Midnight GMT - as we shall be meeting and viewing this fantastic movie, starring...well. Here's the poster:

Come to #WrassleGAF on irc.synirc.net with your favorite IRC client (you can also use Mibbit!) to watch live via our WrassleGAF channel. More details will be coming soon.

No crude remarks will be tolerated about Buff Bagwell or the choice of movie. We're going to have a few of these so, as Batista says, deal with it.

Honestly it's a fantastically bad movie. I enjoy it because of how bad it is. It's a lot of fun, and will be fun with your pals in WrassleGAF.

Are we going to play that game where the first person to get an erection loses and has to do something weird?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I think they're turning Mastiff heel, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose and then take out his anger on Noam.

Yeah, Mastiff losing it seems a good shout. He seems to come up short a lot in PROGRESS, so I could see him out early, but I know what you mean Vince. Ospreay getting another title shot, as much as I think he should be the guy to take it from Jimmy, is hard to justify immediately.
rqdv0br.gif

If Mastiff loses to that fucking CUNT Noam Dar, I'll shit in your hat.

What, you jerk off to women dying too?

Are we going to play that game where the first person to get an erection loses and has to do something weird?

...I guess we could.

Day of the Warrior is a spectacular movie. It's on YouTube so we can synchonize easily with the WrassleGAF Channel. Buff Bagwell is a DELIGHT.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Not wrestling related - I want to know what the fuck were Sega's sales expectations with Alien Isolation?

Dunno, don't care. Probably directly tied to how much it cost to make it.

As a consumer I shouldn't give a shit either way and just be happy it exists. Plus, there's no way you can sequelize that kind of game very well. It was a losing proposition until day one.

Their only prayer is to make Aliens with the Gears of War engine in UE4.

Sephzilla

Dunno, don't care. Probably directly tied to how much it cost to make it.

As a consumer I shouldn't give a shit either way and just be happy it exists. Plus, there's no way you can sequelize that kind of game very well. It was a losing proposition until day one.

Their only prayer is to make Aliens with the Gears of War engine in UE4.

I guess Sega must have had unrealistic expectations, that's all. 2.1 million for a survival/horror genre title is pretty good. 2.1 million after the massive curbstomp the Alien brand took after Colonial Marines is above pretty good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I guess Sega must have had unrealistic expectations, that's all. 2.1 million for a survival/horror genre title is pretty good. 2.1 million after the massive curbstomp the Alien brand took after Colonial Marines is above pretty good.

Honestly I don't think shitty games actually turn people off from the franchise at all. Like real talk, it's not damaging to the brand at all because people are willing to try and try again, and again, and again.

Sephzilla

Honestly I don't think shitty games actually turn people off from the franchise at all. Like real talk, it's not damaging to the brand at all because people are willing to try and try again, and again, and again.

It's actually kind of real, it hurts certain franchises more than others. For example the Mario franchise could put out a shit game, but the sequel to it will still sell well. Smaller franchises like Devil May Cry are where you'll see stuff like this have an affect - Devil May Cry 3's initial sales lagged mostly because Devil May Cry 2 sucked balls.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
It's actually kind of real, it hurts certain franchises more than others. For example the Mario franchise could put out a shit game, but the sequel to it will still sell well. Smaller franchises like Devil May Cry are where you'll see stuff like this - Devil May Cry 3's initial sales lagged mostly because Devil May Cry 2 sucked balls.

Just because it sold less and DMC2 sucked doesn't mean that's why it did worse. DMC just isn't that damn popular. And considering 4 did even worse...and 3 was dope...

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, but Scottish people - what's the deal with typing the way you speak? "Gid", "Wae", "Daein", and so forth. If I typed the way I sahnded, people would fink I was a pwoper mug.
It's partially that Scots does have it's own words that are historically written that way, and partially identity related.

Sephzilla

Just because it sold less and DMC2 sucked doesn't mean that's why it did worse. DMC just isn't that damn popular. And considering 4 did even worse...and 3 was dope...

Devil May Cry 4 is the best selling game in the franchise (because it followed up the best game in the franchise quality wise). The only other game in that entire genre that outsold DMC4 during the PS360 era was God of War 3.

Sephzilla

correlation does not imply causality

trre.gif

On this note - I'm really interested to see how Halo 5 will sell after the MCC debacle and how Halo 4 was received. Granted it'll probably still sell well because it'll be the first next-gen Halo and Xbox only gamers are probably starved as fuck for some exclusives at this point.

klonere

Banned
Not wrestling related - I want to know what the fuck were Sega's sales expectations with Alien Isolation?

the game had a long dev cycle and looks like it had a ton of cash poured into it. the art assets alone are stunning not to mention all the VO, additional production values etc etc

sega probably came out with very little to show for the game

Sephzilla

the game had a long dev cycle and looks like it had a ton of cash poured into it. the art assets alone are stunning not to mention all the VO, additional production values etc etc

sega probably came out with very little to show for the game

yeah, budget issues are the only other thing i can believe are true besides Sega having comically high expectations.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I did! I like some of the stuff Sega puts out, but they're a company that chronically makes mistakes and tends to undo the stuff they do well.

Their mistakes are our benefit. Be happy they exist :)

Top Bottom