• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Spider from Mars

tap that thorax
Shawn-Michaels-Wearing-Belt-and-Sunglasses.jpg

Simply the best
Better than all the rest

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
WrassleGAF Viewing Night is happening TOMORROW NIGHT at 7pm Central / Midnight GMT - as we shall be meeting and viewing this fantastic movie, starring...well. Here's the poster:

Come to #WrassleGAF on irc.synirc.net with your favorite IRC client (you can also use Mibbit!) to watch live via our WrassleGAF channel. More details will be coming soon.

No crude remarks will be tolerated about Buff Bagwell or the choice of movie. We're going to have a few of these so, as Batista says, deal with it.

Honestly it's a fantastically bad movie. I enjoy it because of how bad it is. It's a lot of fun, and will be fun with your pals in WrassleGAF.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I wonder if Shawn realized how having Diesel with him just highlighted how fucking lame he was and how cool Nash was by standing next to him.

Sephzilla

Side topic - Has Konami officially completed the biggest heel turn in gaming?

I wonder if Shawn realized how having Diesel with him just highlighted how fucking lame he was and how cool Nash was by standing next to him.

I was about to say, Nash doesn't have much of a sunglasses-tipping game but his sunglasses game in general was sharp. Shawn looked stupid as fuck next to Diesel

4201%20-%20diesel%20kevin_nash%20sunglasses%20wwf.png

WrassleGAF Viewing Night is happening TOMORROW NIGHT at 7pm Central / Midnight GMT - as we shall be meeting and viewing this fantastic movie, starring...well. Here's the poster:

Come to #WrassleGAF on irc.synirc.net with your favorite IRC client (you can also use Mibbit!) to watch live via our WrassleGAF channel. More details will be coming soon.

No crude remarks will be tolerated about Buff Bagwell or the choice of movie. We're going to have a few of these so, as Batista says, deal with it.

Honestly it's a fantastically bad movie. I enjoy it because of how bad it is. It's a lot of fun, and will be fun with your pals in WrassleGAF.

I'm in

Will Ospreay's so good, every world-class talent he wrestles he picks up something new and adds it to his repertoire. His SSP has got so much cleaner since wrestling Sydal, his kicks have improved a ton after wrestling Rocky Romero and he's blatantly ripped off that springboard forearm smash from AJ Styles. He's already making big waves in the EU scene at just 22, going to be exciting to see how much further he can progress.

He should probably jack the backyard shit in, though - and also figure out when and when not to use his high risk moves. There's no reason to be doing an SSP to the floor on the opening match of a pre-show for a promotion you don't even work for, or a 630 for some relatively small local promotion running their first ever show.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Will Ospreay's so good, every world-class talent he wrestles he picks up something new and adds it to his repertoire. His SSP has got so much cleaner since wrestling Sydal, his kicks have improved a ton after wrestling Rocky Romero and he's blatantly ripped off that springboard forearm smash from AJ Styles. He's already making big waves in the EU scene at just 22, going to be exciting to see how much further he can progress.

Basically Bootaaay is saying he has the Sharingan.

Alucard

Banned

He should probably jack the backyard shit in, though - and also figure out when and when not to use his high risk moves. There's no reason to be doing an SSP to the floor on the opening match of a pre-show for a promotion you don't even work for, or a 630 for some relatively small local promotion running their first ever show.

At 22, that stuff in your second paragraph is likely just related to experience and either feeling invincible or not having enough awareness to realize he shouldn't be killing himself for nothing but a live crowd.

Well, let's just agree when it came to punishing NES platformers, Ninja Gaiden was a better game in all aspects than Castlevania 1.
Maybe this is my salty self speaking unable to bypass 6-3 of Ninja Gaiden but nah Vinny Mac, not quite.

This thread is weird today. Very Monday-ish.
The frenzy and hype of an upcoming episode of Raw does strange things to us all.

Steph and HHH are back tonight.

Expect it to suck

The Director of Operations era is over? tragic, Kane is the superior authority figure right now.

Fox318

Maybe this is my salty self speaking unable to bypass 6-3 of Ninja Gaiden but nah Vinny Mac, not quite.

The frenzy and hype of an upcoming episode of Raw does strange things to us all.

The Director of Operations era is over? tragic, Kane is the superior authority figure right now.

Unless you have somebody like Austin a face Authority or President is always better.

This way the heels can be as heelish as they want and everyone is booked like an event.

Instead we get the HHH and McMachon reality hour and a reminder from HHH that he is over and the only one who was ever over and he was the Attitude era.

He should have been tabbed as the new host of Tough Enough.
maybe he'll have a Rhyno run in NXT
Here's an idea, for the UltraViolent OT next month and seeing as it's Tournament of Death season....who's up for participating in a Tournament of Death review project? Interested parties who feel like they have a solid grasp on their sanity, let me know and I'll furnish you with a copy of one of the thirteen Tournament of Death shows to be reviewed in time for May 31st when the June OT will be posted.

May the power of Zandig compel you.

i5L0k3ZNNEWCB.gif
is this full yet
More GFW roster members
lmao. RIP GFW and it hasn't even started yet

Just caught up on last week's RAW over the weekend. After the tag match between Barrett/Sheamus vs. Neville/Ziggler, she throws up her hands in frustration and asks me "What was the point of that?! Who exactly was that supposed to help?!" I explained to her that it made sense for BNB to get the win after his KotR victory and that it served to continue the Sheamus/Ziggler feud while still keeping Neville looking solid.

I was super proud that she's learning to appreciate it on that level. At her age, I don't think I even new it was scripted.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Just caught up on last week's RAW over the weekend. After the tag match between Barrett/Sheamus vs. Neville/Ziggler, she throws up her hands in frustration and asks me "What was the point of that?! Who exactly was that supposed to help?!" I explained to her that it made sense for BNB to get the win after his KotR victory and that it served to continue the Sheamus/Ziggler feud while still keeping Neville looking solid.

I was super proud that she's learning to appreciate it on that level. At her age, I don't think I even new it was scripted.

Great username/av combo. A+ member.

That, my friends, is a goddamn tournament;

w1Lflro.png

Basically Bootaaay is saying he has the Sharingan.

I only get this reference because I have a friend that won't shut up about Naruto. He got himself a hidden leaf clan headband. And some Naruto throwing knives :|

At 22, that stuff in your second paragraph is likely just related to experience and either feeling invincible or not having enough awareness to realize he shouldn't be killing himself for nothing but a live crowd.

Yeah, it's easy to forget he's only been doing this for three years now, but I'm sure he'll wise up in that regard. Or, at least, I hope he does.

is this full yet

It is now, just added you in :)

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I reckon you'll end up seeing Dar get murdered by Mastiff, which means it's already worth the money.

The I guess Ciampa vs Sabre Jr, which would be dope. Mastiff vs Scurll. I can see Mastiff vs Ciampa...

Kaladin

GFW is looking interesting.

Roster reveal means nothing, it's all about presentation and how they book the roster they have.

I honestly don't know who takes the tournament. My heart wants to say Dar, but there's a good case to be made for almost all the bracket.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I honestly don't know who takes the tournament. My heart wants to say Dar, but there's a good case to be made for almost all the bracket.

I can't see them stuffing Mastiff in the first round, though.

I think they're turning Mastiff heel, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him lose and then take out his anger on Noam.

Seriously, it's a stacked field - could almost see one of the new guys taking it. Damo, maybe. Gut prediction, I'm going with these 2nd round matches;

Ospreay vs Haskins, Rampage vs End, Marty vs Noam, Damo vs Sabre. For the semi-finals, I'll pick Ospreay vs End and Marty vs Sabre, with Ospreay an Sabre in the final itself.

A lot of people judge a man by the company he keeps Bootaaay

Hey, I keep classy company! I just happen to know one or two irredeemable nerds, that's all. Myself included.

Yeah, Mastiff losing it seems a good shout. He seems to come up short a lot in PROGRESS, so I could see him out early, but I know what you mean Vince. Ospreay getting another title shot, as much as I think he should be the guy to take it from Jimmy, is hard to justify immediately.
all my scottish friends watched the Vice wrestling doc and now they are quoting Grado at me 24/7

help
rqdv0br.gif

Top Bottom