• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT| Super Strong Style 16 - Thread Edition 2015

Striker

trre.gif

On this note - I'm really interested to see how Halo 5 will sell after the MCC debacle and how Halo 4 was received. Granted it'll probably still sell well because it'll be the first next-gen Halo and Xbox only gamers are probably starved as fuck for some exclusives at this point.
It will sell well. Thing is how much it continues to sell a year later and beyond. And like Halo 4, if it can contend with CoD, Battlefront, and other heavies. The MCC blunder is so hilariously sad.

Sephzilla

It will sell well. Thing is how much it continues to sell a year later and beyond. And like Halo 4, if it can contend with CoD, Battlefront, and other heavies.

I'd also be curious to see what the online population is like a few months after release. It'll be harder to track now though since it seems like population counters in Halo are dead.

OK, like I mentioned the other day, I'm finally watching the Lucha Underground run:

Does Striker ever shut the fuck up about earning things? I'm on episode 8 and this is like the third time he's gone off on entitled millennial culture on commentary.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
OK, like I mentioned the other day, I'm finally watching the Lucha Underground run:

Does Striker ever shut the fuck up about earning things? I'm on episode 8 and this is like the third time he's gone off on entitled millennial culture on commentary.

"match rolls on"

I ended up really appreciating those two's commentary. It gets better.

I'm so tempted to drop Dom and Marcus from Gears of War into Sunny's gaming side thread

As much I'd like to see that represented, only do it if you feel strongly about it. It's obvious Marcus was always there for Dom and loved him in ways Maria couldn't - so when he was forced to move on, Marcus was always there with him and THAT was true love.

klonere

Banned
I did! I like some of the stuff Sega puts out, but they're a company that chronically makes mistakes and tends to undo the stuff they do well.

they are relying heavily on Creative Assembly who put out the strategy game equivalent of Call of Duty, Total War (yearly release, big visuals, tons of DLC, quickly discarded for the next installment. also often very broken) and Sports Interactive who make video game crack aka Football Manager and charge for minute changes/roster updates.

Aiii

So not worth it
"match rolls on"

I ended up really appreciating those two's commentary. It gets better.

At one point they just gave up and started marking out during 50% of the shows, genuine reactions, none of this faked WWE enthusiasm either. It's infectious.

Especially Vampiro, just randomly flips the fuck out. It's awesome. I love it!

RP912

Banned
Matt Striker is the best commentator WWE has ever future endeavored.

#FACT

#maybe

Dude was good but looking back at some of his commentary and his "performance" on Wrestle Kingdom. Dude is the spokesperson of the IESC. He comes out like the biggest smark to ever grace a headset.

Musolf815

How true is it that Stone Cold is gonna have a match at WM32?

Vince wants it I believe, Stone Cold is healthy enough for one more match, but he doesn't want to commit to the workout and show schedule. He's also apparently just had a fallout with WWE again over T-Shirts I think unless that was disproven.

new characters all feel pretty cool and have nice movesets in MKX, hell all the characters do period. Some of the designs are just really fuckin' plain and stupid though like Takeda and Jacqui, which is a shame cause their movesets are a lot of fun.

Tried to express my doubts about throwing every ounce of support and love I have behind Bloodstained and was laughed outta the room by my chums. fuckin' kideo games.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Vince wants it I believe, Stone Cold is healthy enough for one more match, but he doesn't want to commit to the workout and show schedule. He's also apparently just had a fallout with WWE again over T-Shirts I think unless that was disproven.
In his recent SI interview he stated that there were a few trademark issues that were already taken care of, it didn't stop the ISEC from blowing it up as something huge prior to this interview though.

I always enjoyed Striker's enthusiasm with his WWE commentary stint, sure there's some more dubious points like "I'm marking out bro!" and effectively renaming the Big Show "The Giant" but during a time period where King and Cole were at their peak of awful having Striker on board with genuine enthusiasm and being able to actually call some moves was appreciated.
Except you had to endure Cole and King snark about his commentary because he named a move correctly instead of modified suplex.

RP912

Banned
I always enjoyed Striker's enthusiasm with his WWE commentary stint, sure there's some more dubious points like "I'm marking out bro!" and effectively renaming the Big Show "The Giant" but during a time period where King and Cole were at their peak of awful having Striker on board with genuine enthusiasm and being able to actually call some moves was appreciated.
Except you had to endure Cole and King snark about his commentary because he named a move correctly instead of modified suplex.

I enjoyed his commentary during that time because King would get legit pissed. God forbid I have to call wrestling moves and provide commentary towards the match, instead of babbling like a middle school student with Cole :/.

Alucard

Banned
I enjoyed his commentary during that time because King would get legit pissed. God forbid I have to call wrestling moves and provide commentary towards the match, instead of babbling like a middle school student with Cole :/.

Best commentary duo in North American pro wrestling today!

WrdyPVw.gif

Kaladin

Somebody stole my Kindle and watched 9 episodes of Brooklyn 9-9 on Hulu AND changed the name on my Amazon account to "Weak".

This aggression shall not stand.

The minute it was stolen you should have called Amazon and had them brick it.

Did that when someone stole my fiance's Kindle Fire and they made it worthless.

Never got it back, but we never had anyone get or change any of her info.

The minute it was stolen you should have called Amazon and had them brick it.

Did that when someone stole my fiance's Kindle Fire and they made it worthless.

Never got it back, but we never had anyone get or change any of her info.

I already called Amazon and had them Deregister it, so it shouldn't be any good as a Kindle (though I suppose they could probably still read what I already had on there and use it to browse the 'net).

I didn't realize it was stolen until today, though. Was looking at Hulu on my phone and realized there were 9 episodes of Brooklyn 9-9 and one of The Goldbergs. What a shit thief.

Kaladin

I already called Amazon and had them Deregister it, so it shouldn't be any good as a Kindle (though I suppose they could probably still read what I already had on there and use it to browse the 'net).

I didn't realize it was stolen until today, though. Was looking at Hulu on my phone and realized there were 9 episodes of Brooklyn 9-9 and one of The Goldbergs. What a shit thief.

Ah.

I love that amazon can do that, makes them a notch above other tablet makers IMO.

Now if only they would build in a GPS tracker on their device OS.

Ah.

I love that amazon can do that, makes them a notch above other tablet makers IMO.

Now if only they would build in a GPS tracker on their device OS.

I'm not sure to what extent they "brick" it, though. They make it so it can't be registered to any other Amazon accounts, but it prob still works just fine using the apps that are already on there or browsing the web or whatever.

Aiii

So not worth it

The Goldbergs is legit one of the best comedies on TV right now, though. And who hates B99, anyways?

Goldbergs also did a pro wrestling episode.

Kaladin

I'm not sure to what extent they "brick" it, though. They make it so it can't be registered to any other Amazon accounts, but it prob still works just fine using the apps that are already on there or browsing the web or whatever.

Whether they can get into it after Amazon de-registers it depends on how you lock it.

Also, they render it pretty useless as it's not really an offline device.

Whether they can get into it after Amazon de-registers it depends on how you lock it.

Also, they render it pretty useless as it's not really an offline device.

Well, we'll see. I left a lock message with a dummy email I set up before I deregistered it, so maybe they'll return it? I dunno.

As for B99: what I've seen gives me zero confidence that it's the least bit funny.

Kaladin

Well, we'll see. I left a lock message with a dummy email I set up before I deregistered it, so maybe they'll return it? I dunno.

As for B99: what I've seen gives me zero confidence that it's the least bit funny.

Oh, FYI:

Deregistering your device prohibits Appstore purchases on that device, and disables the use of any app purchased from Amazon Appstore for Android and downloaded to that device.

So they can't use any apps purchased from Amazon on that device. Only thing I would worry about is if you had something downloaded to it. Otherwise, it's pretty much a brick, even if they can get into it.

Top Bottom