• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

UberTag

Lol, just got home in the nick of time, only to find I can't even log on to ROH's website - oh well, more fool me for trusting them (again).
This is the nail in the coffin for them as a professional wrestling organization. It's a real shame. They really needed a stable iPPV this time around. Bryan said as much in the Figure Four yesterday.
Now no one will ever be able to trust them and pony up their $$ for a show.

I bet that Toronto crowd is super hot tonight, too.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I think I'll skip next Saturday's roh show. Why do you book a show at the same time your tv show is on...smh

W0jmZ.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zx9FER-XKKI#t=3m10s

Go, Black Cena, go!

Statement from ROH's facebook;

Dear ROH fans, We deeply apologize again for issues with our website. Unfortunately in trying to bring our fans the best experience through our website, with a single login and ringside discounts, there are still some kinks to work out. All of our pre-tests were successful as of 5pm today and we were blindsided by these problems... Please bear with us as we try to get it up as soon as possible. The production is going well and the replay will also be available as soon as we can get it up. For all those that purchased the PPV, we WILL resolve ALL concerns and issues

Dumbasses.

somedevil said:
Or why don't you watch someone's great idea of a youtube video of Daniel Bryan saying Yes! for 10 hours.

I wan't wrasslin', damnit, not yes'ing!

Aiii

So not worth it
Reading the Benoit chapter from Jericho's 2nd book, this got me good:
In life, best friends Eddy and Chris couldn’t be more parallel.
They both grew up loving wrestling and learned their trade around the world before ending up as two of the best performers in the history of the business. They were regarded as great people, great fathers, and locker room leaders who had the respect of their peers.
But in death, best friends Eddy and Chris couldn’t be more different.
Eddy died a hero, a reformed drug addict with the heart of a champion who was taken from us too early. Whenever Eddy’s name is mentioned, people smile fondly and remember how great a person he was and nothing else. But his legacy will live on forever as a revered hero who loved his family. His classic matches have been glorified by the WWE to be watched for years to come, and his name is lionized within the industry, never to be forgotten.
Then there was the other side of the coin.
Benoit died a murderer, a psychotic madman who killed his wife and seven-year-old son before cowardly killing himself. Whenever Chris’s name is mentioned, people get silent and remember the atrocities he committed during the last day of his life and nothing else. His legacy will live on forever as that of a demented monster who executed his family. His classic matches have been buried by the WWE, never to be seen again, and his name is taboo within the industry, never to be spoken.

Tendo

I'm at evolve 13. Not a great turn out but the crowd is into everything. My girlfriends first live event and she's hooked. Low Ki and Davis was great and so was the four way. Talked with chuck Taylor a bit before the show.

If they come anywhere NEAR nc again I'm there in a heart beat.

Kyoufu

And you can't say he "hasn't done anything important with it".

What is he supposed to do when he's given Del Rio, Miz and lately, Jericho?

The roster is thin and terrible.

Dead Man

And you can't say he "hasn't done anything important with it".

What is he supposed to do when he's given Del Rio, Miz and lately, Jericho?

The roster is thin and terrible.

When I stopped watching WWE/F in the 2000's, Miz was just a punkenstein who was from Real World and some stupid wrestle tryout tv show. I can't believe he is still there, and at the top of the talent list. It just sums up how pathetic their talent management is.

G-Fex

it sucks him and Adolph Ziggler should've had a great feud and it would've kicked up Ziggler to main event status and made him the greatest of heel champions and instead of trying to make a uninterested Del Rio champion.

Ithil

When I stopped watching WWE/F in the 2000's, Miz was just a punkenstein who was from Real World and some stupid wrestle tryout tv show. I can't believe he is still there, and at the top of the talent list. It just sums up how pathetic their talent management is.

I wouldn't call him "top of the talent list".

UberTag

Someone on the Observer board who has managed to view the stream was saying the crowd is pretty dead.
That would be a real shame if that was the case.

Despite boasting the absolute worst, dead, "sit on your hands" fans for all of their major professional sports teams, Toronto wrestling crowds (along with the MMA crowd they drew for UFC's PPV) have been notoriously raucous, euphoric and full of energy.

It would be a real shame if the city's diehard wrestling fans have abandoned it because, if so, the WWE should never return even for house shows and Toronto will only be worth visiting to attend concerts and musical theater. (I've got tickets to see Springsteen in August!)

ROH results so far

* All Knight Expres sand TJ Perkins defeated The Young Bucks and Mike Mondo via pin
* Jay Lethal defeated Tommaso Ciampa via pin
* Lance Storm defeated Mike Bennett via pin
* Michael Elgin defeated Adam Cole via pin
* Roderick Strong defeated Fit Finlay via pin to retain the TV Title
* Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin defeated the Briscoe Brothers via pin to become the NEW ROH Tag Team Champions
* Kevin Steen pinned Davey Richards to take the ROH title

RBH

From ROH:

Dear Fans, Again we are extremely frustrated by the ippv result tonight and offer our deepest apologies. Since Showdown in the Sun, we have been working endlessly to provide an optimal ppv experience which we believe we have achieved.. For our website, we increased our server memory x3 and doubled its processing power. Still, it seems that our architecture could not handle the excessive user logins and we are left with a great stream that our fans can not see. If a refund is demanded, it WILL be given. Otherwise we would like to offer full retention of the replay for Border Wars as well as FREE access to the Best in the World PPV on June 24th for anyone who ordered Border Wars tonight. This will also include retention of the Best in the World PPV in your myPPV accounts. We WILL get this right no matter what it takes in time for Best in the World.

Top Bottom