• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

From ROH:

Is anyone really surprised with this? ROH fucks over fans time and time again. Should have been obvious after they couldn't even air a free fucking match on their website correctly. At this point just hoping they go out of business so the talent can go elsewhere.

UberTag

Is anyone really surprised with this? ROH fucks over fans time and time again. Should have been obvious after they couldn't even air a free fucking match on their website correctly. At this point just hoping they go out of business so the talent can go elsewhere.
Seems like they have less money to spend since Sinclair took over instead of more. Fancy that.

Carnby

My friends try to defend the crumminess that is Cena V. Johhny. They say, "It's just like Austin V. Vince." Austin/Vince had a nine month build up before their first match. They're nothing alike.

ROH results so far

* All Knight Expres sand TJ Perkins defeated The Young Bucks and Mike Mondo via pin
* Jay Lethal defeated Tommaso Ciampa via pin
* Lance Storm defeated Mike Bennett via pin
* Michael Elgin defeated Adam Cole via pin
* Roderick Strong defeated Fit Finlay via pin to retain the TV Title
* Charlie Haas and Shelton Benjamin defeated the Briscoe Brothers via pin to become the NEW ROH Tag Team Champions
* Kevin Steen pinned Davey Richards to take the ROH title

Hit the music

http://youtu.be/ben8hTvkYMg

UberTag

I don't see how you guys aren't excited about Johnny Ace wrestling at Over the Limit.
Who says Johnny is wrestling? Aren't we expecting Cena to be thrown to the wolves where he'll overpower 5 or 6 men (Tensai, Sakamoto, Big Show under duress, Otunga, Christian, Road Warrior Animal, etc.) until Johnny wins with a cheapshot - his only offensive move (and it won't be the Ace Crusher).

Best case scenario would have Liz Cena involved in said screwjob finish.

G-Fex

Who says Johnny is wrestling? Aren't we expecting Cena to be thrown to the wolves where he'll overpower 5 or 6 men (Tensai, Sakamoto, Big Show under duress, Otunga, etc.) until Johnny wins with a cheapshot - his only offensive move (and it won't be the Ace Crusher).

Best case scenario would have Liz Cena involved in said screwjob finish.

Well...shit that's whats going to happen isn't it?

son of a bitch.

Hey, at least Tensai will lose.

TNA Sacrifice is tomorrow night. Seems like a decent show on paper. AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle should steal the show. RVD vs Roode in a ladder match should be good. Ray vs Aries should be good. The tag title match could be great. Shame there isn't an X division match though although one could be added I guess. Would much rather have one of those than a Devon title defense.

ppv1a.jpg

ppv2.jpg

ppv5.jpg

ppv3.jpg

ppv4.jpg

ppv4a.jpg

ppv6.jpg

TNA Sacrifice is tomorrow night. Seems like a decent show on paper. AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle should steal the show. RVD vs Roode in a ladder match should be good. Ray vs Aries should be good. The tag title match could be great. Shame there isn't an X division match though although one could be added I guess. Would much rather have one of those than a Devon title defense.

ppv1a.jpg

ppv2.jpg

ppv5.jpg

ppv3.jpg

ppv4.jpg

ppv4a.jpg

ppv6.jpg

Those pics looked alot better than E's..IMO

UberTag

WHAT A BUILD.

With the way things are going right now, I might just pull a spindashing and take a month-long hiatus from wrestling WWE come June.
The right way to watch wrestling these days is to never watch anything live.
Clearly this is the only way to watch Ring of Honor because you can't even watch it live when you pay them money.

Let other people suffer while you do something more productive.
Listen to Figure Four Daily and browse WrassleGAF to find out when something good happens that you need to check out on YouTube.
Watch that and ignore everything else.

Kaladin

How is Roooooooooooooooo going to win this ladder match? Is RVD going to pull the belt down but drop it on Roooooooooo's lifeless corpse while the ref is out, only for the ref to wake up before RVD can get back down the ladder to reclaim the belt?

Sokantish

How is Roooooooooooooooo going to win this ladder match? Is RVD going to pull the belt down but drop it on Roooooooooo's lifeless corpse while the ref is out, only for the ref to wake up before RVD can get back down the ladder to reclaim the belt?

That just sounds crazy enough to work!

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
WHAT A BUILD.

With the way things are going right now, I might just pull a spindashing and take a month-long hiatus from wrestling WWE come June.

Based on the 5 years I've been watching WWE*, they almost always start to hit their stride from late June until they fuck it all up at Summerslam. If you're going to take a month long sabbatical, now would be the best time to do so.

(2007 was pretty terribad though Batista and Santino were pretty entertaining.)

That's totally a TNA finish. I still remember Lockdown where he fucking opened the cage and could have walked out, but instead told the ref to give him a beer bottle and then the ref actually fucking did it, and he came back in and won the match anyway. Or the ppv before that one where Sting hit his own head on a chair trying to do his finisher to Roode and Roode got the pin after Sting hit his head. TNA TNA TNA

ZeroRay

I can't wait for The Over Limit

I dream of an hour long D.Brine/CM Punk match, I mean what else is there other than the Cena match.

What Vinny will give us is probably gonna be akin to Sheamus at WM.

I just read somewhere that ROH didn't even password protect their direct stream link. In 2012. LOL.

Not surprising. Most wrestling companies are still stuck in the 90's. I mean did you see their site design?

UberTag

I dream of an hour long D.Brine/CM Punk match, I mean what else is there other than the Cena match.

Nah, we're going to wind up with a tasty match that will go somewhere in the range of 18-22 minutes.
They're just not bothering to build up a feud for them beforehand (which given the way the last feud for CM Punk turned out is probably for the best).

Afterwards, they'll go back to doing what they're good at: namely CM Punk will call Johnny a toolbox some more while D.Brine will parrot YES 50 times a night without cutting any kind of promo against his male opposition and verbally dress down AJ on the microphone.

ZeroRay

Nah, we're going to wind up with a tasty match that will go somewhere in the range of 18-22 minutes.
They're just not bothering to build up a feud for them beforehand (which given the way the last feud for CM Punk turned out is probably for the best).

Afterwards, they'll go back to doing what they're good at: namely CM Punk will call Johnny a toolbox some more while D.Brine will parrot YES 50 times a night without cutting any kind of promo against his male opposition and verbally dress down AJ on the microphone.

I mean a D.Brine and CM Punk feud just writes itself. Just like the Jericho/Punk feud did. It's like they challenged the writers to create the worst possible scenario out of something so easy.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea

I'm not expecting much, but Sheamus/Bryan was excellent, though the Chicago crowd really added to it, especially when Bryan started to orchestrate the crowd before the third fall.

I just read somewhere that ROH didn't even password protect their direct stream link. In 2012. LOL.

LOL ROH

I don't know if this has been covered here, but does anybody know why they ran this iPPV by themselves instead of using GFL, WWNLive or someone else? Did it have something to do with the issues during Showdown in the Sun?

I mean a D.Brine and CM Punk feud just writes itself. Just like the Jericho/Punk feud did. It's like they challenged the writers to create the worst possible scenario out of something so easy.

Isn't this how it always is? Look at what they did to Punk last year? Or Rock vs Cena? Or Cena vs Brock with the stupid demand shit the week before a ppv? It always happens. WWE always fucks up every good angle that gets handed to them. The question is how quickly they fuck it up and it seems the answer always falls within 3 weeks.

Carnby

Isn't this how it always is? Look at what they did to Punk last year? Or Rock vs Cena? Or Cena vs Brock with the stupid demand shit the week before a ppv? It always happens. WWE always fucks up every good angle that gets handed to them. The question is how quickly they fuck it up and it seems the answer always falls within 3 weeks.

I find that the moment I enjoy the angle, the following week ruins it. So the answer is, next time on Raw.

tm24

LOL ROH

I don't know if this has been covered here, but does anybody know why they ran this iPPV by themselves instead of using GFL, WWNLive or someone else? Did it have something to do with the issues during Showdown in the Sun?

Showdown in the Sun was blamed on GFL. They wont team up with WWN live since theyre in bed with Evolve and DGUSA. And i don't think there is anyone else.

Also, once again, Chikara>ROH. But you already knew that

Wait, why are Styles and Angle in a match together? Did TNA insert him into the storyline about AJ and Dixie?

There's really no reason for this match, especially now that they've been seemingly turning Angle face. It's really weird what they are doing with them right now. Hopefully the build to Slammiversary is better.

I wish WWE gathered all the wrestlers that use the Diamond Cutter as their finisher in the ring at the same time, like that episode of Power Rangers with the Red Ranger from every different iteration.

Then they'd join forces to take on John Cena.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Who cares about that when She-Kane debuts on NWA this monday!
More Kane, the better!

Man why you have to say stuff like that...Wrestling the Big Show means the end is near in the business. Cody has to see the light and get going towards the title run
Kane has to eternally wrestle Khali and Show. No one else is brave enough to.

I wish WWE gathered all the wrestlers that use the Diamond Cutter as their finisher in the ring at the same time, like that episode of Power Rangers with the Red Ranger from every different iteration.

Then they'd join forces to take on John Cena.
All their moves would come out of nowhere.

On the positive side, Matt Morgan has ran out of dates on his contract so hopefully he's going to sit out a few months and we won't have to see him on tv.

Top Bottom