• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

All their moves would come out of nowhere.

I can't imagine a way in which it would be physically possible to string together like 5 Diamond Cutters on the same opponent in rapid succession.

Think of John Cena being blindsided ninja-style in the ring. First Randy Orton hits him with an RKO 'outta nowhere'. Then Diamond Dallas Page does the Diamond Cutter. Karl Malone comes out and gives Cena another Diamond Cutter. Finally, John Laurinaitis, aka Johnny Ace, Big Johnny, Mr. Excitement, does the Ace Crusher on Cena.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I can't imagine a way in which it would be physically possible to string together like 5 Diamond Cutters on the same opponent in rapid succession.

Think of John Cena being blindsided ninja-style in the ring. First Randy Orton hits him with an RKO 'outta nowhere'. Then Diamond Dallas Page does the Diamond Cutter. Karl Malone comes out and gives Cena another Diamond Cutter. Finally, John Laurinaitis, aka Johnny Ace, Big Johnny, Mr. Excitement, does the Ace Crusher on Cena.
I'd pay big money just to see Malone in the ring again.

Tendo

Just got in from Evolve 13. It was an awesome show live. The Generico/ Callihan match was a lot of violent fun, as was the main event of Gargano and
Fox
Fox
kicked Gargano's tooth out midway through the match. Afterwards he called a young girl into the ring who wrote about him as her hero for school and the whole crowd chanted and cheered for her - very cool moment.

I'm exhausted but it was a great experience. I hope they come back soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't - the crowd turnout wasn't great. Generico, Taylor, and Jigsaw are super friendly and talked a bit with us after the show.

I love what they are building towards with Low Ki, Generico, and Callihan for an Evolve title.

Money well spent - I hope you guys that watched on iPPV enjoyed it as much as we did live.

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Showdown in the Sun was blamed on GFL. They wont team up with WWN live since theyre in bed with Evolve and DGUSA. And i don't think there is anyone else.

Also, once again, Chikara>ROH. But you already knew that

Thanks for the info. And yes, Chikara>ROH. I wish they ran more iPPVs though. :( Everybody here better catch "How to Hatch a Dinosaur" on June 2nd!

That would seriously be one of the greatest moments in the history of our sport, especially if there's a great storyline that culminates to this very moment.

LOL

Then Cole can call each one a separate thing: vintage Orton maneuver, modified bulldog, the envelope cutter.

I wonder if John Laurinaitis is going to wrestle in a shirt?

I remember watching Vince McMahon wrestle without a shirt/sweatshirt for the first time with my friends, and when he came out, after the initial shock, everyone immediately said he had plastic surgery done, lol.

UberTag

Yep, Matt Morgan was part of the historic "Cena turns face and never turns back" team along with Brock, Albert, Big Show and Nathan Jones.

That would seriously be one of the greatest moments in the history of our sport, especially if there's a great storyline that culminates to this very moment.

LOL
I would be fine with this if everyone that Cena has ever screwed over for a push came out and ALSO happened to know how to do the Diamond Cutter (so Zack Ryder, Wade Barrett, etc.) and it all built up to the Ace Crusher. And then last but not least, Liz Cena comes out and she's able to deliver a convincing Diamond Crusher to John's broken body. That would be sweet.

Maybe we could get all 4 of the Cena brothers to come out and give Diamond Cutters to him, as well. And some Make-A-Wish kid John never got around to visiting because he was "too busy". Build him up as a deranged beast and have him give Cena the Diamond Cutter.

I would be fine with this if everyone that Cena has ever screwed over for a push came out and ALSO happened to know how to do the Diamond Cutter (so Zack Ryder, Wade Barrett, etc.) and it all built up to the Ace Crusher. And then last but not least, Liz Cena comes out and she's able to deliver a convincing Diamond Crusher to John's broken body. That would be sweet.

Maybe we could get all 4 of the Cena brothers to come out and give Diamond Cutters to him, as well. And some Make-A-Wish kid John never got around to visiting because he was "too busy". Build him up as a deranged beast and have him give Cena the Diamond Cutter.

If this happened, I would never stop watching WWE for the rest of my natural life. Or maybe I would have to stop watching right there, because no moment in the future would ever be able to top it.

Aiii

So not worth it
Anyway, less Cena Murdering, more sexy heel AJ faces...

QodUg.gif

DfgwN.gif

2eaHI.jpg

Why yes AJ, yes it was.

Enjoyed EVOLVE 13 - glad I ordered it in the end, after how awful the ROH situation was. Generico vs Callihan was awesome, and I'm loving this build towards a first title for EVOLVE. Main event was great, too.

Still excited to watch Border Wars when the replay goes up, as it was said to be a great show live (and for the select few who could watch online), and if ROH want to give me Best in the World 2012 for free, that's fine by me - but that show better go off with zero technical hitches, otherwise I'm done with ROH.

Can't wait for CHIKARA's Chikarsaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur on June 2nd, as I'm sure it will be as professionally produced and presented as their last iPPV was, putting ROH's efforts to shame.

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN LIVE 2012", 04.05.2012
Hiroshima Industrial Hall
1,500 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x22aki

01. KUSHIDA vs Takaaki Watanabe

02. Jushin 'Thunder' Liger, Tiger Mask & Ryusuke Taguchi vs Jado, Gedo & Rocky Romero

03. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima & Captain New Japan vs Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii

04. Togi Makabe, Strong Man & Wataru Inoue vs Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

05. Karl Anderson & Tama Tonga vs Shinsuke Nakamura & YOSHI-HASHI

06. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto & Tetsuya Naito vs Kazuchika Okada, Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN LIVE 2012", 05.05.2012
Takamatsu City Gymnasium
1,350 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x22cbs

01. Wataru Inoue vs Hiromu Takahashi

02. Strong Man, Captain New Japan & Tama Tonga vs Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado

03. Togi Makabe, Ryusuke Taguchi & KUSHIDA vs Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

SPECIAL ELIMINATION MATCH #1;

04. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka, Gedo & Rocky Romero

SPECIAL ELIMINATION MATCH #2;

05. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Tetsuya Naito & Karl Anderson vs Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi

Some awesome tag team matches, playa, across the first two shows of NJPW's New Japan Live 2012 tour - check out match no.4 and the main event of 05/04 and the two elimination matches from 05/05.

Nisa65

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN LIVE 2012", 05.05.2012
Takamatsu City Gymnasium
1,350 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x22cbs

01. Wataru Inoue vs Hiromu Takahashi

02. Strong Man, Captain New Japan & Tama Tonga vs Tomohiro Ishii, YOSHI-HASHI & Jado

03. Togi Makabe, Ryusuke Taguchi & KUSHIDA vs Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

SPECIAL ELIMINATION MATCH #1;

04. Hiroyoshi Tenzan, Satoshi Kojima, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka, Gedo & Rocky Romero

SPECIAL ELIMINATION MATCH #2;

05. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Tetsuya Naito & Karl Anderson vs Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi

Some awesome tag team matches, playa, across the first two shows of NJPW's New Japan Live 2012 tour - check out match no.4 and the main event of 05/04 and the two elimination matches from 05/05.

Dammit, didn't know this was taking place. I stay like an hour or so from Takamatsu and they usually have flyers in convenience store windows announcing local shows. Could've seen Liger in the flesh :(

Thanks for putting up the vids.

somedevil

That belt is a personification of the virtues of hustle, loyalty and respect.

Well now at house shows people reported that John Cena appeared out of it, uninterested, tired and out of energy.

I wonder if he is going to take a break after Over the Limit because it seems like this divorce is getting to him already.

Razorskin

----- ------
Well now at house shows people reported that John Cena appeared out of it, uninterested, tired and out of energy.

I wonder if he is going to take a break after Over the Limit because it seems like this divorce is getting to him already.

Hopefully he does and comes back as thuganomics Cena. Complete with a "Muck Farriage" t-shirt.

FyreWulff

The current one is just so.. gaudy.. and looks like a toy.

Also it's design made it really obvious when they had the two champions thing that Cena was using the house show belt.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Belts are stupid. It's not like you wear it around your waist outside an event.

DMczaf

When Rock returns for his WWE title, I hope to god he calls out how shitty it looks.

Along with becoming a corporate sell out, Punk lost a majority of my respect when he continued with Cena's shitty toy belt. Be a man, Punk.

FyreWulff

When Rock returns for his WWE title, I hope to god he calls out how shitty it looks.

Along with becoming a corporate sell out, Punk lost a majority of my respect when he continued with Cena's shitty toy belt. Be a man, Punk.

Not even Cena wants the belt anymore, but he can't get it changed. Because it's WWE's #1 selling merch item.

Ithil

Honestly? Let me be real for a second.

I think I would like this belt design so much more if instead of it saying "CHAMP" in the front, it said "Champion."

I hate everything about it. The tacky "bling" style, the clunky shape, the "CHAMP" title, the oversized plate, everything.

Top Bottom