• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Just watched Smackdown, AJ was frickin' awesome! <3

I got excited when his music hit and was almost about to believe the reunion I so desperately wanted was about to happen, but then D-Bry got that smirk and I knew nope lol.

To be honest I'd rather her have cost him the Sheamus match and left the CM Punk one to just go proper but oh well.

I'll still hold out hope its all just a fakeout and they've been together the whole time!!!

Either way the crowd are still cheering for AJ so she'll hopefully go far, as far as they let divas go at least.

Kaladin

pwinsider said:
Extreme Reunion finally released the Internet PPV version of their debut event. Originally, the plan was to release the event the next day but the production team, which was supposed to have it ready to go with only minor editing needed, dropped the ball. Instead, the show needed to be edited from scratch, causing the delay.

LOL....fuck this company.

Ithil

I'm holding out a small amount of hope they'll turn AJ heel, have her cost Punk the WWE title at OTL, and join back up with Bryan.

That's about a 5% hope, though. I accept they'll more likely either not have her appear at all, or have her stay face and cost Bryan the match, so she can....do nothing whatsoever afterwards and wander around the wasteland of a women's division instead of doing something interesting.

Muffin

Neo Member
Have we dealt with this yet?

tumblr_m3yczpzR5p1qm9odpo1_500.png

The replay of ROH - Border Wars is up at last, time to watch Steen kick the crap out of Davey :)

Line-up for CHIKARA's iPPV on June 2nd is looking pretty great;

izV3fE5bFCWdg.jpg

The Inevitable Confrontation!
iQftSUvmVt8KY.jpg

Championship Bout: Two out of Three Falls!
ib240U7e54tbMB.jpg

3-on-2 Handicap Match!
ibrTTU1f90QBcS.jpg

CHIKARA's Most Devious Duke it Out!
iLfwy4WbaaF1k.jpg

Should be a great show, although I fear there won't be anything as quite as epic as Quack/Kingston on this one.

evil ways

Not even Cena wants the belt anymore, but he can't get it changed. Because it's WWE's #1 selling merch item.

And that's mainly his fault. The little jimmies still see that as Cena's belt. As soon as he wins it back and changes the design to the Winged Eagle, everything will be fine.

But for that we gotta risk another long Cena title reign.

I'm still partial to the big circle title belt, with the big eagle looming over the world. It's not gaudy, but it still clearly says World Champion.

TheRock.jpg

WM16.4.jpg

vince_mcmahon.jpg

I can't imagine a way in which it would be physically possible to string together like 5 Diamond Cutters on the same opponent in rapid succession.

Think of John Cena being blindsided ninja-style in the ring. First Randy Orton hits him with an RKO 'outta nowhere'. Then Diamond Dallas Page does the Diamond Cutter. Karl Malone comes out and gives Cena another Diamond Cutter. Finally, John Laurinaitis, aka Johnny Ace, Big Johnny, Mr. Excitement, does the Ace Crusher on Cena.
Eh, realism is overrated anyway. Just go the other way with it. Orton uses tons of dropkicks, just have him land one on Cena's back to prop him up after Cena (barely) sells the Cutter from someone else - while bouncing back up and staggering on his feet in that never-give-up way of his. It'll go Cutter, ground bounce, dropkick, stagger state, repeat. Then after everyone else is through, Orton starts writhing on the ground and finishes him off with the RKO, and Mr. Excitement gets the pin. Orton's such a glory hog that he'd probably insist on hitting his finisher last anyway, in this completely imaginary and inane finish I just made up.

Either that, or just have them variate between Diamond Cutters and Neo Diamond Cutters. Like the Neo Kinniku Buster:
but with the Diamond Cutter. And I guess Laurinaitis can softly cradle Cena's neck on the mat for a photo op or something before he goes for the pin, or something.

Belts are stupid. It's not like you wear it around your waist outside an event.
Well I'm sure champions would do just that, if pants with gigantic belt loops were still fashionable. Hell, that's probably part of the reason why we were saddled with the original spinner design. And of course, they took the spinner out ages ago but they still kept the big gaudy circle centerpiece.

Not even Cena wants the belt anymore, but he can't get it changed. Because it's WWE's #1 selling merch item.
And that's mainly his fault. The little jimmies still see that as Cena's belt. As soon as he wins it back and changes the design to the Winged Eagle, everything will be fine.

But for that we gotta risk another long Cena title reign.
A Cena title reign is its life, and a Cena title reign is its death. Horrible - horrible choice!

ROH TV 5/12/12

iry6uRPeogMCU.png

This is the greatest night in the history of are sport.

Also "The Contaminated Cowl" The CHIKARA event from 4.29.12 is available.

MP4 download

Streaming

1. Arik Cannon/Darin Corbin vs. The Throwbacks
2. Billy Roc/Remi Wilkins/Dale Patricks vs. Big Sue Jackson/Tripp Cassidy/Jeremy Hadley
3. The Young Bucks vs. Kodama/Kobald vs. Tim Donst/Jakob Hammermeier vs. UltraMantis Black/ Hallowicked
4. Sara Del Rey vs. Obariyon
5. The Colony vs. The Swarm (assailANT/combatANT/deviANT)
6. Eddie Kingston vs. 17
7. Jigsaw vs. Icarus
8. 3.0 vs. F.I.S.T. (Chuck Taylor/Johnny Gargano) [Campeonatos de Parejas]

krae_man

Ubertag and any other KW Wresslegaffers need to go to Bargins Gone Wild at The Aud. They had a whole table filled with this:

csadA.jpg

One of the greatest films in Modern Cinema for only $2. You cannot pass up this chance!

DKehoe

wwf's twitter channel is teasing JR & Regal to commentate the new nxt show that starts soon.

For the love of god please don't be vince trolling, this nxt retool is starting to sound good.

http://twitter.com/#!/WWENews24_7/status/201676171321147393

Meltzer was saying that they were possibly going to be commentating for the new show based in Florida which is possibly going to be NXT. He also said its amazing that they will be using WWEs best play by play and colour commentators for the show when neither are currently being used for that on the main programmes.

somedevil

Did anyone actually watch Border Wars last night?

John Pollock from live audio wrestling was live to see it with 1,200-1,300 fans and said the show was excellent with a hot crowd.

The problem was with this hot show nobody saw it on the internet and created tons of outrage and basically negated a great show and actually made it worse for them.

John Pollock called ROH to see if they would go on the show to make a statement and said they should make the show free on youtube to get back the loyal fans.

Is that enough for any fans here to watch another ROH IPPV? What would it take for you?

wwf's twitter channel is teasing JR & Regal to commentate the new nxt show that starts soon.

For the love of god please don't be vince trolling, this nxt retool is starting to sound good.

http://twitter.com/#!/WWENews24_7/status/201676171321147393

They are already doing commentary on FCW. With them moving the NXT tapings to Florida, this makes sense. If they're going to push Ambrose, they need Regal (kinda). This isn't as far fetched as it sounds

Did anyone actually watch Border Wars last night?

John Pollock from live audio wrestling was live to see it with 1,200-1,300 fans and said the show was excellent with a hot crowd.

The problem was with this hot show nobody saw it on the internet and created tons of outrage and basically negated a great show and actually made it worse for them.

John Pollock called ROH to see if they would go on the show to make a statement and said they should make the show free on youtube to get back the loyal fans.

Is that enough for any fans here to watch another ROH IPPV? What would it take for you?

I was one of the lucky ones to actually watch the iPPV. The feed was pretty awesome. I was having login issues like everyone else but somehow got in. It was a lot better than the GFL feeds. No issues whatsoever with the feed. I looked at the replay and it looked like poop. In this case, the ippv feed was better than the replay.

They did offer it in 720p HD during the iPPV but if they're actually planning to put the event on youtube then it's a good olive branch. They need to make the card for Best in the World better than Border Wars and honestly, I don't think they can do it.

Well, they're offering the next iPPV free for anyone who doesn't claim for a refund, so I'm definitely going to try and watch - but everything will have to go off perfectly for me to consider dropping money on an ROH iPPV again.

They need to make the card for Best in the World better than Border Wars and honestly, I don't think they can do it.

Perhaps, given the name, they could fly in some foreign talent - it's been a long time since ROH has brought over any Japanese guys, when those dream matches used to be a big part of ROH.

DKehoe

Was this the show Meltzer was saying was going to be run by Hunter?

Yeh, but he was also saying that knowing Vince he will end up getting involved too.
EDIT Would be interesting to see what HHH would do with a show on his own. Could be an indicator for the future.

Good sir, was that a reference to The Undead?
Indeed it was. When it comes to watching the WWE, sometimes I have this scene running in my head.

Well, they're offering the next iPPV free for anyone who doesn't claim for a refund, so I'm definitely going to try and watch - but everything will have to go off perfectly for me to consider dropping money on an ROH iPPV again.

Perhaps, given the name, they could fly in some foreign talent - it's been a long time since ROH has brought over any Japanese guys, when those dream matches used to be a big part of ROH.
Well, good luck with that. I'm going to wait until ROH start airing iPPVs without major hiccups on a regular basis again before I consider spending money on them - after that whole fiasco with the CM Punk/Bryan Danielson vids, I reconsidered buying Border Wars and bought a spot for Chikarasaurus Rex instead.

Yeh, but he was also saying that knowing Vince he will end up getting involved too.
EDIT Would be interesting to see what HHH would do with a show on his own. Could be an indicator for the future.
Yeah, that's why I'm interested in it. When is it set to debut?

Ubertag and any other KW Wresslegaffers need to go to Bargins Gone Wild at The Aud. They had a whole table filled with this:

csadA.jpg

One of the greatest films in Modern Cinema for only $2. You cannot pass up this chance!

I've never seen Mr. Nanny. How can this be? *adds to Netflix queue*

I watched this gem this week.

61XHZCHMZQL.jpg

I was browsing The Hulkster's wikipedia entry and was like "WTF is The Secret Agent Club and why have I never heard of it?" It's a goofy direct to video family movie from 1996 with Hulk and a bunch of kids as the protagonists. Bad, but silly and fun :p More than I can say for No Holds Barred, but I kinda wanna give that movie another try. Rented it ~5 years ago and I couldn't even make it through an "it's so bad, let's laugh at it" viewing

I've never seen Mr. Nanny. How can this be? *adds to Netflix queue*

I watched this gem this week.

61XHZCHMZQL.jpg

I was browsing The Hulkster's wikipedia entry and was like "WTF is The Secret Agent Club and why have I never heard of it?" It's a goofy direct to video family movie from 1996 with Hulk and a bunch of kids as the protagonists. Bad, but silly and fun :p More than I can say for No Holds Barred, but I kinda wanna give that movie another try. Rented it ~5 years ago and I couldn't even make it through an "it's so bad, let's laugh at it" viewing

I think the most shocking thing about this post is that whoever designed the cover for the home release thought that listing Lesley-Anne Down would be an actual draw. Even Hogan had put in more screen time than her in the 90s, thanks to Thunder in Paradise. God, I can't believe I used to look forward to each episode of that show back then. But that boat was just too badass for my feeble young mind to look away.

And with that gif, I've lost interest in discussing wrestling for today.

I tap, Mr. Bean. I tap. You've earned the moniker of Resident WrassleGAF Troll.

I thought you didn't obsess over Yu-Gi-Oh! anymore according to Net_Wrecker

another time Net is wrong.

I'm never wrong, G-Fex just changes avatar to match his surroundings. He's like a Gaf chameleon.

At the time you posted ILLEGAL excerpts from Dah Observer, G-Fex was a member of Pop-GAF.

G-Fex

Net Wrecker seems to be my own personal TMZ as he's in the loop.

Net Wrecker: I'm just trying to do my job.....

*throws Wrecker into a fence*

Anyway I guess I will have to acknowledge this observer bullshit. You can post whatever you want, Kane pictures, anime girls touching each other with submission holds, copy paste a giant wall of text.

As much as I don't like dream, I won't snitch out anyone here like some lurker from anime gaf. I may have hit the lowest point in Gaf reputation but I'm not a weasel either.

Anyway I guess I will have to acknowledge this observer bullshit. You can post whatever you want, Kane pictures, anime girls touching each other with submission holds, copy paste a giant wall of text.

As much as I don't like dream, I won't snitch out anyone here like some lurker from anime gaf. I may have hit the lowest point in Gaf reputation but I'm not a weasel either.
zrnze.jpg

I make it my duty to keep track of all WrassleGAF members. I'm the Batman of this thread. Not the hero you deserve, but the one you need....or something.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAA BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

BTW, the Observer thing wasn't a dig at you, just referencing what Frankman posted a few pages back.

Top Bottom