• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Apparently if Roode walks away with the title in tonight's tapings, he'll be the longest reigning TNA champion.

Yeah, if this was typical TNA I'd say Roode will lose the title tonight just to say he isn't the longest reigning champ, but hopefully they aren't stupid enough to do that now and still do Roode vs Storm down the line with Storm winning. I'm gonna guess Roode wins the match tonight and starts beating on his challenger until lights go off and Sting runs out to make the save and set up Sting vs Roode for Slammiversary.

Toki767

Yeah, if this was typical TNA I'd say Roode will lose the title tonight just to say he isn't the longest reigning champ, but hopefully they aren't stupid enough to do that now and still do Roode vs Storm down the line with Storm winning. I'm gonna guess Roode wins the match tonight and starts beating on his challenger until lights go off and Sting runs out to make the save and set up Sting vs Roode for Slammiversary.

Impact has been fairly decent lately so hopefully they'll do what makes sense and not what will surprise people.

man01_280x390_960196a.jpg

<3

krae_man

"I WANT MY JOB BACK, BUT I DON'T KNOW HOW!"

And he wants a bigger office, and he wants a new car, and he wants the WWE to pay for it all.

What kind of car you ask?

Something with reclining leather seats, goes really fast and gets really shitty gas mileage.

RBH

-- CM Punk will be working Smackdown tonight. The storyline is that he's "replacing Big Show", who in storyline was fired last night. Nice to see Punk on Smackdown and they didn't bother to advertise this on Raw at all.

-- There was kind of a surprising amount of vitriol spewed towards last night's Raw in the last 12 hours. The show was nothing special, don't get me wrong, but after all the awful Raws we have seen in the last few years I was kind of surprised that people hated this one so much. Although I did find John Cena absolutely infuriating and not in a good way.

Speaking of Cena, for whatever this is worth, I talked to one person in WWE today who, regarding whether the divorce would go away quietly or explode into ugliness (it's pretty much going to be one or the other), this person was strongly leaning towards gonna get ugly and fast.

-- Speaking of break-ups, it appears that the former Linda Bollea, 52, and Charlie Hill, 23, are finished.

-- UFC 151 with Bones Jones defending the light heavyweight title against Dan Henderson takes place September 1st from the Mandalay Bay Events Center. It'll be UFC 151.

-- Keiji Muto (Great Muta) is doing his first-ever seminar in the United States on June 2nd in Rahway, NJ. They're limiting it to 50 participants at $125 each. This is designed for wrestlers already in the business, not those trying to break in. PayPal can be sent to PWSMerchandise@yahoo.com.

-- Latest Konnan show on the Major League Wrestling site is up. Tons of details on Rey Mysterio's suspension, WWE wanting to extend his contract due to injury time off, and more. Konnan is, as everyone subscribing to this site is aware, quite outspoken.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...chaels-new-book-diaz-no-show-update-tons-more

Good rating for Raw. That show was horrible. It wasn't Punk or Bryans fault but these are the people that will get blamed for it... or Heyman

RBH said:
-- Keiji Muto (Great Muta) is doing his first-ever seminar in the United States on June 2nd in Rahway, NJ. They're limiting it to 50 participants at $125 each. This is designed for wrestlers already in the business, not those trying to break in. PayPal can be sent to PWSMerchandise@yahoo.com.

Speaking of, PWS are also putting on their first iPPV's with a double-shot that weekend - apparently they're going to be hosting it themselves, so no idea how it'll turn out. The cards look interesting though;

iQDXJn7rws71X.jpg

INTERNATIONAL DREAM TAG MATCH
The Great Muta & KAI vs Sami Callihan & Anthony Nese

DREAM FIGHT I
Mil Mascaras vs Samuray Del Sol

DREAM FIGHT II
Big Van Vader vs 2 Cold Scorpio

DREAM FIGHT III
Teddy Hart vs AR Fox

PWS TAG TEAM TITLE GAUNTLET
Lone Rangers (c) vsPhat Pack vs The Nasty Boys vs Powers Of Pain vs Modest/Matix vs Enhancement Talent

FIRST TIME EVER MATCH
Tommy Dreamer vs Kevin Matthews

LIVE MUSIC SING OFF
Koko B Ware vs Slick

FIVE DOLLAR WRESTLING MATCH
Freight Train vs Dynomite

WOMENS FOUR CORNERS MATCH
Amber vs Annie Social vs Barbie vs Brittney Savage

SUICIDAL SCRAMBLE
Alex Reynolds vs Mike Dennis vs Taka Suzuki vs QT Marshall vs Star Man vs Kato vs Andrew Hawkes

STREET FIGHT
Dan Maff vs Devon Moore

icicjcDvb3YjM.jpg

PWS HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
Sami Callihan (c) vs Kevin Matthews

DREAM FIGHT I
Anthony Nese vs KAI

DREAM FIGHT II
Teddy Hart vs Scott Steiner

DREAM FIGHT III
Big Van Vader and 2 Cold Scorpio vs The Powers Of Pain with Slick

ONE ON ONE
Phantasio vs Simon Dean

FIRST TIME EVER MATCH
Tommy Dreamer vs The Sheik

INTERNATIONAL TRIPLE THREAT
Samuray Del Sol vs AR Fox vs Taka Suzuki

WOMENS ACTION
Alexxis Nevaeh vs Brittney Savage

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Holy shit, Muta AND Vader? I...I think I have to see this.

Anyone have a link to a recent Vader match? I can barely believe dude can still go.

Anyone have a link for the recent Low Ki vs. Prince Devitt match?

Been wanting to watch it.

The guys who cap the shows had technical problems that weekend, so the NJPW PPV and a few other shows were missed - it's aired on TV at the end of the month, so hopefully it won't be too long after that before it's available.

Bad news.

The Penthouse thing Tara mentioned is just a small article about the TNA Knockouts. No nudity. There wasn't even a photoshoot or anything. They just use TNA pictures.

krae_man

Bad news.

The Penthouse thing Tara mentioned is just a small article about the TNA Knockouts. No nudity. There wasn't even a photoshoot or anything. They just use TNA pictures.

I saw that coming from a mile away. Penthouse does hardcore shit. Why would a Diva or Knockout go right from no nudity to vag shots.

Since the shit rating, what are the chances Daniel Bryan beats Punk for the title via screwjob and then Cena beats him the next night on Raw?

Anth0ny

I missed Raw yesterday because of NBA playoffs/Diablo 3 hype with my friends.

Listened to Review a Raw on the way to school today... and fuck, I regret nothing. Just the soundclip of that Cena shit made me want to punch someone.

bill0527

Well.. fuck guess I'll have to give Impact another try.

Been watching wrestling for 33 years and this WWE shit is the worst I've ever seen.

I'm really starting to miss the old Memphis days back in the 80s when The Moondogs would throw firebombs in their opponents faces. And Jerry Lawler would piledrive Eddie Gilbert through a windshield in the parking lot.

Speaking of, PWS are also putting on their first iPPV's with a double-shot that weekend - apparently they're going to be hosting it themselves, so no idea how it'll turn out. The cards look interesting though;

iQDXJn7rws71X.jpg

INTERNATIONAL DREAM TAG MATCH
The Great Muta & KAI vs Sami Callihan & Anthony Nese

DREAM FIGHT I
Mil Mascaras vs Samuray Del Sol

DREAM FIGHT II
Big Van Vader vs 2 Cold Scorpio

DREAM FIGHT III
Teddy Hart vs AR Fox

PWS TAG TEAM TITLE GAUNTLET
Lone Rangers (c) vsPhat Pack vs The Nasty Boys vs Powers Of Pain vs Modest/Matix vs Enhancement Talent

FIRST TIME EVER MATCH
Tommy Dreamer vs Kevin Matthews

LIVE MUSIC SING OFF
Koko B Ware vs Slick

WOMENS FOUR CORNERS MATCH
Amber vs Annie Social vs Barbie vs Brittney Savage

SUICIDAL SCRAMBLE
Alex Reynolds vs Mike Dennis vs Taka Suzuki vs QT Marshall vs Star Man vs Kato vs Andrew Hawkes

STREET FIGHT
Dan Maff vs Devon Moore

icicjcDvb3YjM.jpg

PWS HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH
Sami Callihan (c) vs Kevin Matthews

DREAM FIGHT I
Anthony Nese vs KAI

DREAM FIGHT II
Teddy Hart vs Scott Steiner

DREAM FIGHT III
Big Van Vader and 2 Cold Scorpio vs The Powers Of Pain with

ONE ON ONE
Phantasio vs Simon Dean

FIRST TIME EVER MATCH
Tommy Dreamer vs The Sheik

INTERNATIONAL TRIPLE THREAT
Samuray Del Sol vs AR Fox vs Taka Suzuki

WOMENS ACTION
Alexxis Nevaeh vs Brittney Savage

Some great talent on this show that will never make it to the TNA or WWE. Samuray Del Sol is such a great wrestler but the Doctor of Styles is there. Can we get a dvd of this? I want to see the International Dream Match, both Samuray Del Sol match and Teddy Hart vs AR Fox.

Impact Spoilers for May 24th

1. Gail Kim and Madison Rayne defeated ODB and Eric Young to win the TNA Knockouts Tag Titles.

Rob Van Dam called out Gunner, which led to a match.

2. Rob Van Dam pinned Gunner. Van Dam flew three-quarters of the way across the ring and won with a Frogsplash.

3. Devon and Garett Bischoff fought to a no-contest in a TV Title match. Devon and Garett shook hands before the match. A few minutes in, two wrestlers wearing sweaters hit the ring and had the upper hand for a moment, but Devon and Garett cleared them from the ring.

4. Austin Aries defeated Joey Ryan to retain the X Division Title. Aries won with what appeared to be a brainbuster.

Bully Ray called out Joseph Park from the stands. Park held a trial by fan reaction and the verdict was guilty. Ray punched him in the stomach and then hit him with his chain. He grabbed the mic and laid down in front of Park and yelled not guilty.

Bobby Roode came out for the main event. A.J. Styles and Kurt Angle came out. Hulk Hogan came out and selected Styles to face Roode.

5. Bobby Roode defeated A.J. Styles to retain the TNA Title. Roode worked on A.J.'s shoulder throughout the match. After a number of near falls for both men, Roode got the win.

Roode had a party for becoming the longest reigning TNA Champion. After confetti and champagne, Hogan came out. The lights went out and Hogan brought out a special guest: Sting! Sting beat Roode out of the ring.

Hogan announced the new time 7:00 p.m. CT starting time for Impact and announced that the first match on that show will be Roode vs. Sting in a lumberjack match.

The two wrestlers in sweaters are apparently Robbie E and Robbie T, but the guy didn't know who they were

RBH

Superstars spoiler from tonight's Smackdown taping:

--The Uso Brothers beat Dolph Ziggler and Jack Swagger (w/Vickie Guerrero). The show started with Vickie getting huge heat. The Uso Brothers won the match when Jey reversed Swagger's gutwrench powerbomb into a schoolboy. This concluded the WWE Superstars taping.

wat

Top Bottom