• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Like I said earlier Impact is a superior product right now. Better wrestling, better feuds, and while still a little weak, the booking is much stronger than WWE right now. I love WWE and always have, however the biggest way to get Vince's atention is for TNA to grow. That is why I am on a WWE ban right now, not because I hate it but because I truly love it and want it to get better.

man01_280x390_960196a.jpg

<3

one of my favorites. chea boy!

somedevil

Like I said earlier Impact is a superior product right now. Better wrestling, better feuds, and while still a little weak, the booking is much stronger than WWE right now. I love WWE and always have, however the biggest way to get Vince's atention is for TNA to grow. That is why I am on a WWE ban right now, not because I hate it but because I truly love it and want it to get better.

Good luck because that might take years to happen because TNA hasn't been able to get above a 1.1 rating for awhile now.

Wow Punk sucks now compared to this.

So 2 minutes of actual wrestling those clips showed actual told you that. Its not like he is actually good shape now, world champion and having great matches on pay per views.

I'm kind of disappointed in the Impact spoilers as they haven't announced any matches yet for Slammiversary. Maybe they'll do something in backstage segments they don't air for the crowd. Seems like they are trying to build more towards the May 31st Impact.

Scott Steiner is saying he got a letter from a lawyer representing Hogan and Bischoff telling him to stop tweeting about them or they will get law enforcement involved lol

somedevil

Smackdown spoilers:

John Laurinaitis came out to pretty massive heat. He said he disagrees with the decision of the board of directors. He said it will be like leading the lamb to the slaughter on Sunday. He asked the crowd to support him and then asked that they say a prayer for him.

C.M. Punk's music played and he received a massive pop. Punk headed to the ring as the fans chanted his name loudly. He said his prayers have been answered because after Over The Limit, Laurinaitis will be terminated. Punk said he would like to be the first to wish Johnny the best in his future endeavors.

Punk said he has no respect for Big Johnny and by this time next week, Punk will be WWE Champion and Big Johnny will be on the unemployment line. Laurinaitis blamed the fans and said they can go to hell. He booked Punk vs. Kane for later in the show.

1. R-Truth and Kofi Kingston defeated Titus O'Neil and Darren Young. Truth hit Paydirt on Young for the win. Lots of love for Kingston from the fans.

Zack Ryder was filming his Youtube show when Damien Sandow walked past him. Sandow is up next.

Damien Sandow came out and introduced himself as our intellectual savior. He said he would bestow upon us enlightenment that we so desperately craved. He said Yoshi Tatsu was not worthy of facing him. Yoshi called Sandow a chicken, and now it's on! Sandow hit Tatsu with a chickenwing neckbreaker and left. No match. Apparently, it's not on.

A Big Show vignette was shown with answers teased for tonight.

Backstage, Sheamus said he looks forward to the four-way match because it gives him a chance to show what kind of champion he is. Orton said that while there are three other guys in the match, he would love to pin Sheamus. They had a staredown.

2. Daniel Bryan beat Zack Ryder. Ryder came out to a decent pop, but his reactions have cooled considerably from where they once were. Bryan came out to a big reaction and got a mix of "Yes!" and "No!" chants, but the "Yes!" chants definitely won out. Bryan put him away quickly with the Yes! Lock.

3. Kane defeated WWE Champion C.M. Punk by DQ. Daniel Bryan was on commentary for the match. Bryan went to hit Punk with a chair, but turned around and hit Kane with it instead. Bryan then hightailed it up the ramp, and Kane, thinking that Punk had hit him with the chair, lit Punk up with some throat thrusts and a pair of chokeslams. Jeremy notes that perhaps should Kane just pretend that all his opponents hit him with steel chairs since it seemed to bring out the best in him.

4. Santino Marella beat Cody Rhodes in a champion vs. champion match. Santino caught Cody coming off the ropes with the Cobra and pin. The crowd was actually split for this match, but popped huge for the finish.

Randy Orton came out to a very big reaction. Sheamus followed to a mix of cheers and boos and some "Sheamus" chants. Fickle crowd.

5. World Hvt. Champion Sheamus defeated Randy Orton. Orton went for the RKO, but Sheamus schoolboyed him for the win. The crowd was about 70/30 in favor of Orton, but popped big for Sheamus's pin. After the match, they shook hands and then Orton hit the RKO to a big pop. The show should end with Orton standing over Sheamus in the ring.

Can't wait to hear Daniel Bryan on commentary and also this just proves that 18 second made him a star and killed all momentum for Sheamus.

Well he has been pretty boring since his quick arrival after "leaving".

Depends who you ask. Here most think he is boring and I will give you he has had some bad booking, but most people outside message boards love him. I will say he has become boring when he stops getting massive pops and starts getting reactions Sheamus gets.

He's definitely gotten lazier since becoming world champion, although I guess that could happen when you are a midcard world champ. His promos have gotten pretty shitty too. I mean his delivery is still good. Just he's spouting off shit material, whether he came up with it or the writers.

Striker

4. Santino Marella beat Cody Rhodes in a champion vs. champion match. Santino caught Cody coming off the ropes with the Cobra and pin. The crowd was actually split for this match, but popped huge for the finish.
-_-

ZeroRay

He's definitely gotten lazier since becoming world champion, although I guess that could happen when you are a midcard world champ. His promos have gotten pretty shitty too. I mean his delivery is still good. Just he's spouting off shit material, whether he came up with it or the writers.

And that's why Austin told Punk to step his game up. Heh.

Like those props they're using are worth anything.

Good luck because that might take years to happen because TNA hasn't been able to get above a 1.1 rating for awhile now.
If WWE shows signs of improvement I will tune right back in, I am a fan who wans to be entertained! In the meantime I will support a product that has obvious flaws but at least appears to give a damn. People bitch about the quality of TNA, and rightly so, but the least I can do is watch the show when the company is giving the effort they have been giving.

krae_man

LOL at the finish to Smackdown. Gotta love it when babyfaces do heel things and somehow stay baby face. Kind of like when Cena tried to crack Swaggers head open with the steel steps.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
Scott Steiner is saying he got a letter from a lawyer representing Hogan and Bischoff telling him to stop tweeting about them or they will get law enforcement involved lol

Haha, Hogan blocked me on twitter!

Cagey

Banned
LOL at the finish to Smackdown. Gotta love it when babyfaces do heel things and somehow stay baby face. Kind of like when Cena tried to crack Swaggers head open with the steel steps.

At this point, the faces are entrenched that you have to murder another face to come close to getting some boos, and even then, who knows which face will be one that turns in that scenario?

Dead Man

the big show's fired and the new stipulations makes sunday's main event so fucking predictable:

-Big Show appears (he's already fired, so he have nothing to lose)

-Ko Punch Cener

-Jhonny Ace wins

-Next Monday Jhonny rehires show

-"I DID IT TO GET MY JOB BACK, TO BE IN WWE UNIVERSE AGAIN GUYS!"

-Cena - Show/Jhonny Feud begins

-????

-Profit
Fuck this company. I think I am enjoying the thread more because I don't watch much of the product these days :/

Probably because of The Avengers. It's seeping into other threads too.

Also I'm going to see The Avengers tomorrow.

Yup the Avengers made a hell of a impact.

The only problem is that half of the fanbase can be awesome while the other really really isn't.

This is from the first two pages:

In a way, it is wrong to say Batman is a non-superpowered hero

The Dark Knight Rises |OT5 Dead, 2 Of Them Cops!||

Scarlett Johanson laments sexist portrayal of superheroines

Young Justice: The Animated Series

Favorite actor's interpretation of a comic book character on film

Who would win in a fight? Batman or Ironman?

Andrew Garfield is "The Amazing Spider-Man" (official title)

COMICS! May |OT| Round 2! FIGHT!

The Worst Things in Comics

'Chronicle' Trailer - Another High-Concept, Low-Budget Sci-Fi

Marvel's The Avengers |OT| (Dir. Joss Whedon) [Spoilers unmarked]

First Look at Henry Cavill as the Man of Steel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07So_lJQyqw

I mean, how am I suppose to read about gay marriage and heinous crimes when all this crap is clogging up the front page? I'm tempted to make 'Superhero Crap |OT|", But I'm a coward so, I'll just vent here, where no one ever gets banned.

UberTag

Big Show is this year's version of a ring veteran turning megaheel for one last main event run.

For previous examples of this phenomenon, see Mark Henry (2011), Kane (2010) and Batista (2009).

For an example of a guy who will never do this, see John Cena (2003-2020).

I was getting really fucking sick of the OT.

In a way the superhero stuff makes it slightly tolerable.

It's been said plenty but it bares repeating: moving to community sub forum is the best thing that could have happened. OT is just depressing most of the time. What a terrible place

Top Bottom