• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Khrno

dLhih.png

More real people have voted already.

This also happens on any poll they put on facebook, or in the amount of likes to the posts about Cena's stories compared to anything else.

So, what's your favorite rivalry? Not necessarily the longest, or most intense... But what was your favorite?

Austin/mcMahon?
Hart/Michaels?
Sting/Vader?
Freebirds/Road Warriors?

Bret/HBK for me.

It was what really draw me to the WWF, back in the late 80s although I watched from time to time, I couldn't stand all those cartoony characters, watching Hulk Hogan was disgraceful. So him being out of TV while Bret and Shawn took the spotlight made me like the WWF and wrestling in general.

What I liked the most from them was that how different characters they were, one was a serious technical nice guy, while the other was a relaxed/goofy more athletic prick. There was also the USA vs Canada stuff, and that, being South American, is very amusing to watch.

And their matches remain as some of the best matches in WWF/E history even up to today.

If Cena is this era's Hulk Hogan, I really hope that Bryan and Punk turn up to be the Hart and Michaels of this decade, that way by the end of the decade we could have another phenomenal attitude era, that, or Vince would be celebrating his 80th birthday and Cena's 18th world title to beat certain guy's record.

jmdajr

I just heard NFL Live use Lex Luger's WCW theme during a video package right now. Thought that was interesting.

I keep hearing recent Wrestlemnia themes all over the place. But I heard them on WWE first! They must have the pulse of pop culture! :eek:

Aiii

So not worth it
HEY GUYS, did you know John Cena has more likes on facebook then nearly anyone on the planet? He's so popular, if he were a tree, he would have leaves all year long, if he was a Nascar, he would have lapped every other car before the first corner and if he was a bully, he would give you lunch money instead of taking it.

Love him, he's John Cena and heeeeeeee's greeeeeaaaaaat! CENA!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Self high Five!

I said most! :lol

Really though, how many memorable WCW themes were there, compared to memorable WWF/WWE themes?

Goldberg, Crow-Sting, Flair, the Horsemen, DDP, Mysterio's first, nWo, Wolfpac, MAYBE Benoit, and that's it. And at least one of those (Goldberg) was production music.

HEY GUYS, did you know John Cena has more likes on facebook then nearly anyone on the planet? He's so popular, if he were a tree, he would have leaves all year long, if he was a Nascar, he would have lapped every other car before the first corner and if he was a bully, he would give you lunch money instead of taking it.

cenaraw.jpg

I said most! :lol

Really though, how many memorable WCW themes were there, compared to memorable WWF/WWE themes?

Goldberg, Crow-Sting, Flair, the Horsemen, DDP, Mysterio's first, nWo, Wolfpac, MAYBE Benoit, and that's it. And at least one of those (Goldberg) was production music.
I started out as a WCW fan, so I actually remember more than most people do. But I agree that WWF/E have had better themes, although in recent years it's been pretty suspect.

I'm pretty sure Megadeth performed it live and everything.

Yep. I was there at that Nitro in the Georgia Dome. Megadeth did the song and at the end, Goldberg returned and started screaming. He hadn't been on TV in about two months at that point.

Curt Hennig & The West Texas Rednecks also performed "Rap Is Crap" live that night and the crowd loved it way more than Megadeth. :lol

Aiii

So not worth it
Heh, by then Megadeth hadn't been a thing for almost a decade.

In other news,
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has made Forbes Magazine’s list of the 100 most powerful celebrities in the world. Forbes.com has an article up looking at The Rock being one of Hollywood’s most bankable action movie stars (having grossed over $2.3 billion) and his reputation for saving movie franchises (Fast and Furious, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and now GI Joe).

Forbes estimates that The Rock made over $36 million over the last 12 months – and it doesn’t specify if that includes the millions (and millions) he’s made from working with WWE and main eventing their pay-per-view of all time, WrestleMania 28.

The article states that movie producers love The Rock’s willingness to travel in order to promote his movie, which Rock credits to his wrestling background.

“That’s the wonderful part about being in this business. I love knowing the audience and listening to the audience. Oh, and kicking a little ass, too,” Rock said.

Rock also noted he and his manager, ex-wife Dany Garcia, changed their approach to Rock’s wrestling background. “It reached a point where I felt that ­instead of me trying to conform to Hollywood, I needed to have ­Hollywood conform to me and ­embrace my past,” says Johnson.

The article states that The Rock’s former management team forced him to stop talking about wrestling – and his decision to return to WWE included firing those same agents.

bjork

Someone needs to make more of these and do a parody of this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUrqaJZH-04

As for the earlier rivarly question: Bret/Owen.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Yep. I was there at that Nitro in the Georgia Dome. Megadeth did the song and at the end, Goldberg returned and started screaming. He hadn't been on TV in about two months at that point.

Curt Hennig & The West Texas Rednecks also performed "Rap Is Crap" live that night and the crowd loved it way more than Megadeth. :lol

Let's be honest, Rap is Crap was great.

so lol i stop watching wrestling since bork jobbed and now Cena has a match against Laurinaitis main eventing a PPV?

this is hilariously bad

If Cena is this era's Hulk Hogan, I really hope that Bryan and Punk turn up to be the Hart and Michaels of this decade, that way by the end of the decade we could have another phenomenal attitude era, that, or Vince would be celebrating his 80th birthday and Cena's 18th world title to beat certain guy's record.

If Punk/Bryan are HBK/Bret, does this mean Ryback is going to injure one of them? :(

Aiii

So not worth it
McMahon must be pissed though. This Sonnen guy keeps chatting up his
wrestlers
sports entertainers.

Chopper

Aiii said:
Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson has made Forbes Magazine’s list of the 100 most powerful celebrities in the world. Forbes.com has an article up looking at The Rock being one of Hollywood’s most bankable action movie stars (having grossed over $2.3 billion) and his reputation for saving movie franchises (Fast and Furious, Journey to the Center of the Earth, and now GI Joe).

Forbes estimates that The Rock made over $36 million over the last 12 months – and it doesn’t specify if that includes the millions (and millions) he’s made from working with WWE and main eventing their pay-per-view of all time, WrestleMania 28.

The article states that movie producers love The Rock’s willingness to travel in order to promote his movie, which Rock credits to his wrestling background.

“That’s the wonderful part about being in this business. I love knowing the audience and listening to the audience. Oh, and kicking a little ass, too,” Rock said.

Rock also noted he and his manager, ex-wife Dany Garcia, changed their approach to Rock’s wrestling background. “It reached a point where I felt that ­instead of me trying to conform to Hollywood, I needed to have ­Hollywood conform to me and ­embrace my past,” says Johnson.

The article states that The Rock’s former management team forced him to stop talking about wrestling – and his decision to return to WWE included firing those same agents.

I said God damn. The Rock is awesome.

Top Bottom