• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Kane vs Big Show gained a MILLION VIEWERS

KANE

BIG SHOW

IN 2012!?!?!?

Laurinitis firing angle that was hyped up numerous times during the week and then got like 4 replays during the first hour of Raw. Top of the hour always does better plus it being an in ring promo car wreck means people will watch. If you started watching that segment you weren't going to tune out until it was over.

DMczaf

R3tOv.gif

RBH

I USED TO LOVE WRESTLING SO MUCH. I WOULD WAKE UP AND THINK ABOUT IT EVERY DAY, AND WAIT FOR RAW TO COME ON EVERY FRIDAY (YES FRIDAY, WHEN IT USED TO AIR LATE ON SKY SPORTS). I USED TO STAY AWAY FROM GAF TREADS THEN, BECAUSE I DID NOT WANT TO SPOIL RAW. IT MEANT THAT MUCH TO ME

THEN ONE TIME IT CAME ON MONDAY ON SKY, LIVE. I COULD WATCH RAW LIVE. IT WAS SO EXCITING. I COULD TALKING WITH GAF TOO. IT WAS GREAT

NOW I HATE WRESTLING, AND THE NEW BASTARDS ASSOCIATED WITH IT. FUCK THEM

DANIAL BRYAN VS CM PUNK IS NOT 20 PRECENT. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FUCK YOU IDIOTS
omg

The thing about the Raw is the rest of the show did so horribly that the rating ended up a 2.9. Punk is a ratings failure as champion. Also it goes to show that people don't give a shit about wrestling matches for the most part unless they include John Cena. Promo segments always do better ratings than matches.

Anth0ny

The thing about the Raw is the rest of the show did so horribly that the rating ended up a 2.9. Punk is a ratings failure as champion. Also it goes to show that people don't give a shit about wrestling matches for the most part unless they include John Cena. Promo segments always do better ratings than matches.

How long until Cena gets the title back?

I say as soon as they get the PPV buy numbers for Over the Limit, which will be AWFUL.

How long until Cena gets the title back?

I say as soon as they get the PPV buy numbers for Over the Limit, which will be AWFUL.

I would say that they'll have Bryan beat Punk for the title on Sunday and then have Cena destroy him on Monday and win the title. If they have Bryan win here they'll have Cena win against Laurinitis. If Punk wins Cena will lose against Laurinitis. They won't have heels win the last 2 matches.

Anth0ny

I would say that they'll have Bryan beat Punk for the title on Sunday and then have Cena destroy him on Monday and win the title. If they have Bryan win here they'll have Cena win against Laurinitis. If Punk wins Cena will lose against Laurinitis. They won't have heels win the last 2 matches.

Cena beats him in 17 seconds on Raw. Genius. We'll never see it coming!

I really think that Bryan will be winning on Sunday. Why put him in the title match when there were so many other people Punk could have gone through to transition to his next feud?

Love how your spelling words phonetically to sound like an Irish accent. Keep it up, fella.

There's a shocking amount of overlap between the Irish accent and Antiguan patois. Must be all that Montserratian 'commerce'.

Kane vs. Big Show and John Laurinaitis firing Show gained 1,033,000 viewers for a 3.37 quarter rating. This was one of the best 10pm gains of the year for RAW.

TIDJK.gif

Why does it even have to be on the preshow? Aren't there only 5 matches(I had to go to the wwe website to even find out there were that many)? Are they going to shove a ton of garbage on the show like Ryback squashing jobbers and a Funkasaurus piss break?

Ydahs

I don't really understand how ratings work, but if that firing didn't take place and the viewers gained was a lot less, how much lower would the actual rating have been? 2.8? 2.7?

it'll be better than The Dark Knight Rises

DMczaf and his buddies in his thread have pretty much already seen The Dark Knight Rises, so he would know.

When you watch the movie, what percentage of TDKR will be stuff you haven't already scrutinized in painful detail over the past year in that thread? 5%?

I don't really understand how ratings work, but if that firing didn't take place and the viewers gained was a lot less, how much lower would the actual rating have been? 2.8? 2.7?

Like a 2.7 if they had a match there. Seems like alot of people have smarted up to WWE and only watch 3 segments of each show. They lost a million the first hour, they came back at the top of the hour, left again, and then came back at the end of a show. That is horrendous.

G-Fex

Batman doesn't know how to put people over.

Yup, always overcoming the odds. The same old shit.

DMczaf and his buddies in his thread have pretty much already seen The Dark Knight Rises, so he would know.

When you watch the movie, what percentage of TDKR will be stuff you haven't already scrutinized in painful detail over the past year in that thread? 5%?

So true, they've already over analyzed that movie so damn much they might as well have made it.

Insert Tangerine Joke here.

DMczaf

Extreme Rules ending, but with Hans Zimmer music playing while Batman no-sells everything Bane did.

Batman doesn't know how to put people over.

Batman pushes and buries as he sees fit - e.g. Azrael, the Spoiler, any Robin, etc. He also knows when to take a break when his life goes down the drain. What I'm basically saying is that the WWE needs to take a cue from their Backlash 2010 poster and give someone in the roster a Batman gimmick.

And he tells gotham that he's going to take a long vacation too?
Of course! And then
they'll release a surprise 4th movie based on Knightquest in 7 months, which is like less than a day in movie production time, and then follow up with another one based on KnightsEnd! Pentalogy Swerve!

Of course, with both of these decisions being made 6 weeks after the inevitable success of TDKR, said movies will be produced by filming cardboard cutouts, each voiced by Vince, Stephanie and Paul - all according to Vince's stellar booking and artistic vision.

RBH

Ring of Honor issued a cease and desist letter to former booker and current DGUSA Vice President Gabe Sapolsky this week after Sapolsky railed against the promotion on his official Facebook Page. Sources close to DGUSA confirmed that Sapolsky received a cease and desist.

On 5/14 on his Facebook page, Sapolsky commented on the Internet PPV issues Ring of Honor had with their 5/12 Border Wars IPPV, writing, "When the ownership and management of a company doesn't care or have enough respect for its employees and more importantly paying customers to spend enough money to have adequate equipment they can f*** off. When a company decides to go on the cheap and take a risk that something like a website will work instead of doing everything in their power to guarantee it will work they can f*** off. If the ownership and management doesn't care or respect it's fans enough to do this they don't deserve your support."

After receiving negative responses from some users of the Page, Sapolsky clarified yhis comments, writing, "It's too late to delete that other thread cause everything is out there, but to the people making all the negative comments do you realize I'm just saying we respect and appreciate your business and you deserve the best for your money? Yes, there are bumps in the road due to things out of control, but we never cut corners on things we can control and we always work our hardest to give you the best quality. I'm trying to serve you the best we can and I'm saying you should get nothing less. I take offense when you do."

Sapolsky received the cease and desist letter on 5/15, according to sources. The comments on the Facebook page, as well as all fan responses, were deleted at some point over the last 48 hours.

There has been longstanding bad blood between the two sides stemming from Sapolsky's dismissal years ago, which led to the formation of DGUSA a year later as Dragon Gate had their own falling out with ROH when Silkin was the owner. Since then, DGUSA and sister promotion EVOLVE have been vying for the same online audience that was once the cornerstone of ROH's fan base and there have been regular attempts to run opposite of each other over the years.

Now, for those wondering why ROH would even respond to anything Sapolsky wrote, I am told that Sapolsky signed an agreement that he would not disparage the company when he was released as ROH booker in October 2008. ROH's side obviously believes that agreement is still in place. One DGUSA source, who was not Sapolsky, believed that the agreement could not be valid as there were distinctly different companies - Silkin's and Sinclair's. ROH was reorganized under a LLC when Sinclair took over the company a little under a year ago. In speaking to a legal source about the matter, I was told it all depended on the language of the non-disclosure form and whether that language covered ROH under ownership beyond Silkin at the time it was signed.

On yesterday's media conference call to discuss the iPPV issues, I asked ROH COO Joe Koff about the Sapolsky comments. Koff responded, "I'm not going to respond to his comments specifically because I'm going to consider the source of his comments. I can't refute or dispute perception. I can refute and dispute credible sources. I'm not going to get into that conversation about that. He makes a good point...I will tell you that this company is well financed and work with people we rely on for their expertise....and I think this was something that was unanticipated from our own analytics and our own analysis of what it was. The load was tested. Ee thought that we should be fine with what the normal number of buys are and how they come in through course of a day. And Mike, we were fooled, and I'm going to say that positively, even though it ended up negatively, at the positive response to this product and we did not anticipate that. And shame on us for not anticipating that. It's not a money issue at all. It really isn't a money issue. It just happened to be an unfortunate call on our part thinking [the server was] strong enough to carry the show. That's the way it happened."

Sapolsky declined comment when reached by PWInsider.com, but admitted he was "surprised" he was being asked about the issue.

However, several hours after declining to comment to PWInsider.com, Sapolsky responded to the cease and desist in vague terms, writing on the same Facebook page, "You stop yourself from saying something 1000 times, but the one time you take 30 seconds and write something out of anger it blows up beyond your imagination. If you are reading this the bottom line is all you really care about is great wrestling, good storylines and something compelling. We had two awesome EVOLVE shows last weekend....Our staff of Ivan, Bryan, Sean and Brandon among others, led by Sal, worked tirelessly to put on those two memorable events and great iPPV streams. I took the attention away from all that by losing my cool for a moment and lashing out with profanity. I can't make any promises in the future, but I'll remember this lesson. I ended up doing the last thing I wanted to do- take the attention off the wrestling that we all care about."

Obviously, we were unable to gain any sort of comment from Ring of Honor as this story is posted. Should ROH choose to comment on the matter, we'll have more on this tomorrow, but I was given the impression there would be no official statement made on the issue.
http://pwinsider.com/article.php?id=68509&p=1

G-Fex

couldn't have put it better myself Panda.

Louse is probably predicting right too.

Anyone have that one joker sting picture with the batman in it?

Ring of Honor issued a cease and desist letter to former booker and current DGUSA Vice President Gabe Sapolsky this week after Sapolsky railed against the promotion on his official Facebook Page. Sources close to DGUSA confirmed that Sapolsky received a cease and desist.

Good. As right as Gabe is in this case, this isn't the first time he's used ROH's misfortunes to promote his own business, and whenever he does it just comes across as petty and bitter. Gabe should just keep his mouth shut and concentrate on talking up his own product, not talking down the competition.

Top Bottom