• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

DiscoJon

Banned
3p20sm.jpg

So when is Dean Ambrose supposed to finally show up? I know he's been doing dark matches but this really seems to be taking a while. Or I'm impatient because everything else sucks and I need a new hook that will inevitably impale my hope.

So when is Dean Ambrose supposed to finally show up? I know he's been doing dark matches but this really seems to be taking a while. Or I'm impatient because everything else sucks and I need a new hook that will inevitably impale my hope.

Just remember that he will either flop due to Creative™, get over too much when he "isn't supposed to" and get jobbed by Vince, inevitably fed to Cena, and will just be a midcard guy no matter what because he isn't Cena.

There, now you no longer care about Dean Ambrose. Yoooooooooou're welcome.

Just remember that he will either flop due to Creative™, get over too much when he "isn't supposed to" and get jobbed by Vince, inevitably fed to Cena, and will just be a midcard guy no matter what because he isn't Cena.

There, now you no longer care about Dean Ambrose. Yoooooooooou're welcome.

but
=(

WWE is dark and full of terrors. There is no light at the end of the tunnel because there is no tunnel, only an abyss full of squandered potential and crushed dreams. "WWE" as a term is the direct opposite of "hope." Watching the WWE is like using your television set as a window into a circle of hell. A new circle where one note characters prevail above all, including logic. A circle where the viewers are tasked with providing their voices for opinions, then slapped across the mouth when they do so. A circle where left is right, hot is cold, physics as we know them do not hold weight, and writing stories with any semblance of common sense is a capitol offense punishable by Future Endeavorment.

Go now with this knowledge and do with it what you will. Open your eyes and take grasp of the truth, or shield your eyes from the light and lie to one's self. It is in your hands now.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I want to thank CM Punk for being the arbiter of change, the catalyst of different, the guy that would make things fun again.

Oh wait,

TT2iI.jpg

Turns out Punk just wanted the strap so he could elevate it to midcard status.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
When CM Punk's not publicly negotiating his lucrative new contract he can often be found telling his fans to piss off on Twitter.

Waddaguy

WWE should just put the belt on Kane, he's a proven draw for both Raw ratings and Wrasslegaf threads.
Big Show can win back the IC title and then they both win the tag belts for a third time and become the new power trip to go up against Cena and Orton, Kofi and Truth can fill the hardy boyz role of getting the shit kicked out of them each week.

Jamie OD

He's probably going to show up on that NXT/FCW relaunch thing.

WWE just put up Michael Cole's entrance theme on iTunes.

It's "I Never Thought My Life Would Be This Good" a.k.a. Kerwin White's theme

I wake up every mornin'
Can't wait to embrace the day!
I take my coffee by the pooooool~
I pass my picket fence
and gaze across my new mowed lawn
I never thought my life could be this good.

I have a brand new car
I drive it to my country club!
It's in my gated neighborhooooooood~
I'm swinging in my tennis whites
and caddies keep my stakes in line

I thought this day would never come! This is better than getting "Somebody Call My Momma" after all these years. ;_;

Linkified

WWE just put up Michael Cole's entrance theme on iTunes.

It's "I Never Thought My Life Would Be This Good" a.k.a. Kerwin White's theme

I wake up every mornin'
Can't wait to embrace the day!
I take my coffee by the pooooool~
I pass my picket fence
and gaze across my new mowed lawn

I have a brand new car
I drive it to my country club!
It's in my gated neighborhooooooood~
I'm swinging in my tennis whites
and caddies keep my stakes in line

I thought this day would never come! This is better than getting "Somebody Call My Momma" after all these years. ;_;

You do know this means he is going have another feud right?

I want to thank CM Punk for being the arbiter of change, the catalyst of different, the guy that would make things fun again.

Oh wait,

TT2iI.jpg

Turns out Punk just wanted the strap so he could elevate it to midcard status.

Why do I see Vince saying BYAHHH like he was Howard Dean?

UberTag

When CM Punk's not publicly negotiating his lucrative new contract he can often be found telling his fans to piss off kill themselves on Twitter.
Fixed.

If you really want to see Ambrose succeed, you'll pray he gets future endeavored and sent to TNA where he can be naturally elevated through promo work, a developed midcard and logically evolving angles. Albeit in front of a non-existent television/non-paying studio audience taped from the same backlot studio in Florida each and every week.

You do know this means he is going have another feud right?
That's too bad. I enjoyed his brief two-week face turn that was subsequently ignored.

Why does it even have to be on the preshow? Aren't there only 5 matches(I had to go to the wwe website to even find out there were that many)? Are they going to shove a ton of garbage on the show like Ryback squashing jobbers and a Funkasaurus piss break?
You know it's true. Especially seeing how the WWE finally has their "dream audience" that actually whines and bitches when the same nonsense doesn't happen each and every week and only Cena may win. Every time there's a change or somebody new gets pushed, people tune out in droves.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
So, what's your FAVORITE of ALL TIME Vince McMahon picture? Gif, jpg, anything goes! What's your favorite?

Mine is:

RHuHq.gif

Ric Flair and TNA are apparently done after he no showed weekend events he was scheduled for a couple of weeks ago, the ppv and Impact tapings this week. Noone is saying anything in TNA and it's being kept hush hush so noone's sure if he's actually done or just an emergency came up.

Ric Flair and TNA are apparently done after he no showed weekend events he was scheduled for a couple of weeks ago, the ppv and Impact tapings this week. Noone is saying anything in TNA and it's being kept hush hush so noone's sure if he's actually done or just an emergency came up.

I thought he have been done since he showed up on to be inducted to the WWE Hall of Fame for a second time. I think he took Ole Anderson spot. (lmao)

Dead Man

Ric Flair told his daughter right unlike Bischoff who told Garett to come to TNA. Meltzer was speculating that a big deal Flair had told him that he was working on with Coke or Pepsi went through and he never needs to work in wrestling again since it's for so much money. Atleast Flair told him if it went through he would never have to work in wrestling again.

I hope that is what happened, for my sake and his.

Ryback will be world champion by the end of the year. Strange he wasn't on Smackdown this week, but they'll give him a squash on the ppv with only 5 matches announced so far they have to fill it with something. I'll guess Broadus, Ryback, and commercial skits for whatever shit they get paid to advertise this week. Also they have to get Santino on the ppv somehow so probably Cody Rhodes vs Santino.

sajj316

All this talk of Ashley Flair .. how is Reid Flair doing in the indys? Was it on purpose that he chose the indy route and not accepting a TNA contract? Saw a few matches on Youtube and he certainly moves in the ring like his dad.

All this talk of Ashley Flair .. how is Reid Flair doing in the indys? Was it on purpose that he chose the indy route and not accepting a TNA contract? Saw a few matches on Youtube and he certainly moves in the ring like his dad.

He got busted for drugs by the police. I think that pretty much ruined any chances he had of getting into TNA or WWE.

-Edit- From wikipedia

"Fliehr was arrested on June 23, 2007, for assault and battery, and was released after posting bail.[3] On March 4, 2009, Fliehr was arrested for driving while impaired in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, and was released after posting $1000 in bail.[13][14] Fliehr was arrested again on April 26, 2009. After crashing his car, police found black tar heroin inside it, and he now faces felony charges.[15] He was also charged with driving while impaired, driving with a revoked license, and possession of drug paraphernalia, and was released after posting $15,000 in bail.[16][17]"

sajj316

He got busted for drugs by the police. I think that pretty much ruined any chances he had of getting into TNA or WWE.

-Edit- From wikipedia

"Fliehr was arrested on June 23, 2007, for assault and battery, and was released after posting bail.[3] On March 4, 2009, Fliehr was arrested for driving while impaired in Mecklenburg County, North Carolina, and was released after posting $1000 in bail.[13][14] Fliehr was arrested again on April 26, 2009. After crashing his car, police found black tar heroin inside it, and he now faces felony charges.[15] He was also charged with driving while impaired, driving with a revoked license, and possession of drug paraphernalia, and was released after posting $15,000 in bail.[16][17]"

Thanks. Ya, I knew he's been in trouble with the law but I was hoping he was past that. Such a waste. He had the amateur background, wrestling legacy, and the "look". Unlike Garrett, he can work (at least from viewing recent indy matches).

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
pwinsider said:
For whatever reason, Sean Waltman began taking shots at TNA President Dixie Carter yesterday via Twitter, writing the following comments:
"@TNADixie Highly disappointed with you as a person who claims to care. More disappointed in your handling of the only alternative to WWE @TNADixie Been meaning to tell you that since your Co. tried to make it look like I no showed your PPV. Im just sick of @TNADixie running around playing this benevolent role, when it's a facade. @TNADixie BTW Congrats on hiring Bruce Pritchard. Perfect fit . One of the biggest lowlifes in the business. Treats ppl like sh** if he can Mark my words TNA will be a part of WWE's video catalog before the decade is up."

Waltman is referring to the 2010 Lockdown PPV where he was unable to work in Missouri due to the Athletic Commission not licensing him due to hepatitis. The night of the PPV, TNA instructed the announcers to act as if Waltman had no shown the PPV. He would appear for the company in a non-physical role after that before departing.

When a fan responded to Waltman, saying that if he wasn't a "boozer and a fool", he might still be employed by TNA. Waltman responded, "@TNADixie Had nothing to do with it. Plus are u serious w/ the crew they have there. Plus, I am sober & never cared 4 booze."

-pwinsider

I sure hope!

Anthony Nese requested and was granted his release from TNA.

Anthony Nese said:
"I wanted to be the first to inform everyone that I have requested my release from TNA Wrestling. As a professional wrestler I have many goals and dreams that I work hard to achieve, one of them was to have the opportunity to perform in front of a live audience on national television and I thank TNA Wrestling for providing me with that opportunity. Another goal of mine is to wrestle against some of the top international superstars with the chances to travel the world and work for some of the best international companies that have the best talent in wrestling today.

"I have recently been approached with an opportunity to step in the ring with The Great Muta, a wrestling legend, and one of All Japan Pro Wrestling's top wrestlers Kai. This is an opportunity that I feel with help me further my goals and career. This event will be provided via IPPV and unfortunately my TNA contract did not allow me to perform on such events. I requested that an exception would be granted given my lack of appearances but was denied. My next action was to request a release as I think it will be in my best interest.

"I would like to thank TNA Wrestling for helping me achieve one of my goals as it is very few in this business that are able to say they have. I would also like to thank all the people that support me as this is just a small chapter coming to an end in my career and I have many more exciting opportunities in my future to come."

Top Bottom