• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Chikarasaurus Rex: How to Hatch a Dinosaur - June 2nd

izV3fE5bFCWdg.jpg

Five of CHIKARA's Finest Wage War on GEKIDO!
iGHHUl0mIXLLm.jpg

Lucha de Apuesta: Mask vs. Hair!
iQftSUvmVt8KY.jpg

Championship Bout: Two out of Three Falls!
ib240U7e54tbMB.jpg

Ladder Match!
LOAsQ.jpg

3-on-2 Handicap Match!
ibrTTU1f90QBcS.jpg

CHIKARA's Most Devious Duke it Out!
iLfwy4WbaaF1k.jpg

I am disappointed you couldn't find a wrestling related gif to express your emotions.

122167TAHT8V13.gif

Didn't watch Raw. Just listened to the Review A Raw. It sounds like for the 10 percent, you have Bryan/Punk. And for te casuals, you have Show/Cena rehash.

Wow, Vince must be pissed @ Jeff Jarrett. There is no way he should be so low on that list. The company is truly vindictive.

And I never thought I'd say this but it looks like TNA and ROH are the better shows right now coming off of Sacrifice and Border Wars. With the three hour Raws and Cena getting shoved down our throat more, I hope they try to capitalize. They'll never get on WWE level, but there is no reason why TNA can't work their way up to 2.0 and 100,000 buys as a Performance goal in the next year or so, especially with Spike backing.

Aiii

So not worth it
Jeff Jarret's run in WCW was as forgettable as he was. His character does nothing for me, and I reckon that goes for most people. If I made that list he wouldn't be on it at all.

Ithil

Didn't watch Raw. Just listened to the Review A Raw. It sounds like for the 10 percent, you have Bryan/Punk. And for te casuals, you have Show/Cena rehash.

Wow, Vince must be pissed @ Jeff Jarrett. There is no way he should be so low on that list. The company is truly vindictive.

And I never thought I'd say this but it looks like TNA and ROH are the better shows right now coming off of Sacrifice and Border Wars. With the three hour Raws and Cena getting shoved down our throat more, I hope they try to capitalize. They'll never get on WWE level, but there is no reason why TNA can't work their way up to 2.0 and 100,000 buys as a Performance goal in the next year or so, especially with Spike backing.

That's pretty much where Jeff Jarrett actually deserves to be, no matter how many world titles he gives himself.

That's if he actually had to be on the list at all.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member

What?

WHO WOULD WEAR THAT?!

I know we're all talking about that horrible quote on the back of the shirt, but...

Study the front. Would you wear that? A handful of monkeys, one with a human's face? Why is this good? WHY?

IT ISNT! GOIHJPERJ#POJE#POJE# WHY DOES THIS SHIRT EXIST BOTH SIDES ARE SHIT

Christian's "Hit The Switch" shirt is still worse than the new Jericho shirt.

But not by much.

What are some of your favorite worst-shirts you remember? Vince Loves Cock was horrible.

His previous shirt is the best they've ever put out IMO, Owen 3:16 excepted, so it all balances out.

pxIj5.jpg

I'd have an authentic Owen 3:16 shirt if the "ebay alert" I set up for the term hadn't "expired." Boo to you, ebay! A friend sent me a link to one that had ended a couple days prior and I was like :eek: ffffffffffff. Went for like 60 bucks, too... It had the WWF tag and I've read on a couple of boards people saying they have an authentic one. I wanttttt

This one's "quality" btw. I barely remember it

SceM2.jpg

Khrno

What a great cm, I really hope the Bryan/AJ storyline keeps going for a long time.

Maybe they'll have DB pick up the win at NWO?

Seems to me that Punk and Bryan are going to have a long feud, with Summerslam being their payoff match most likely.

If Bryan doesn't get the title at NWO then AJ will interfere in some way to keep the feud going, since they'd still have to fill MitB somehow before Summerslam.

About last night's Raw, someone said that mini-Cena (a.k.a Punk) buried Bryan. Seems like people don't follow the stories sometimes, Punk was just getting revenge on Bryan in almost the same way he got beat up on SD last week. And applying the Anaconda Vice at the end is far from "burying Bryan", that's called building up their feud/NWO match.

Is Punk going to be on SD tonight?

Bowser

Seems to me that Punk and Bryan are going to have a long feud, with Summerslam being their payoff match most likely.

If Bryan doesn't get the title at NWO then AJ will interfere in some way to keep the feud going, since they'd still have to fill MitB somehow before Summerslam.

About last night's Raw, someone said that mini-Cena (a.k.a Punk) buried Bryan. Seems like people don't follow the stories sometimes, Punk was just getting revenge on Bryan in almost the same way he got beat up on SD last week. And applying the Anaconda Vice at the end is far from "burying Bryan", that's called building up their feud/NWO match.

Is Punk going to be on SD tonight?

That was me (and I said Cena-Mini, not mini-Cena!) lol. It was supposed to be a joke (the bury part, not the Cena-Mini part, ffs he was leading the brigade of babyfaces to save Cena and Sheamus...ugh).

Khrno

That was me (and I said Cena-Mini, not mini-Cena!) lol. It was supposed to be a joke (the bury part, not the Cena-Mini part, ffs he was leading the brigade of babyfaces to save Cena and Sheamus...ugh).

Oh alright, Cena-Mini Punk. Well the only thing about Punk leading the babyfaces brigade, is that he had been promoting the Cena/Laurinaitis match moe than his own match, so within all the bad writing, it did make sense for him to be there, since he is the number one defender of Cena, and number one hater of Laurinaitis. Shit writing, but makes sense.

somedevil

It goes back to when they made a mistake where Jarrett had the title and his contract ran out before they had the pay per view to give it to Chyna. So they asked him to do the pay per view and he asked for alot of money to do the match.

When that happened Vince became pissed up to this day.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
It goes back to when they made a mistake where Jarrett had the title and his contract ran out before they had the pay per view to give it to Chyna. So they asked him to do the pay per view and he asked for alot of money to do the match.

They paid him $500K for one match, lol.

Aiii

So not worth it
But seriously, how many guys go from losing the WHC to entering a longer term WWE Title feud in one months time. WWE seems to be behind Bryan, so good on him.

And us, because if Punk vs Bryan (and AJ) wasn't happening, there would be nothing good on WWE TV at all.

Jarrett didn't actually hold him up for more money. He just wanted the money that was owed to him for merchandise, appearances, etc. He thought if he did the match and left he wouldn't get paid. It's really McMahon's fault for letting his contract expire with him holding the title.

But seriously, how many guys go from losing the WHC to entering a longer term WWE Title feud in one months time. WWE seems to be behind Bryan, so good on him.

And us, because if Punk vs Bryan (and AJ) wasn't happening, there would be nothing good on WWE TV at all.

According to Meltzer on the Observer Radio today the plan was to go to CM Punk vs Cody Rhodes, but apparently something happened with Cody where he is taking time off.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Jarrett didn't actually hold him up for more money. He just wanted the money that was owed to him for merchandise, appearances, etc. He thought if he did the match and left he wouldn't get paid. It's really McMahon's fault for letting his contract expire with him holding the title.

Yeah. And keep in mind McMahon was TERRIFIED of the possibilities. Madusa trashing the title on WCW TV remains a sore spot.

EDIT: Does this mean I can post more Madusa pics?

According to Meltzer on the Observer Radio today the plan was to go to CM Punk vs Cody Rhodes, but apparently something happened with Cody where he is taking time off.
I would watch that.

Bryan vs Rhodes would be better though.

I hope Rhodes will be back soon. He's great. He isnt quite there yet but a throw away one month feud with the champ could make him.

DMczaf

So they buried Cody for over a month to prepare him for a WWE title match?

What the hell is wrong with this company?!

Khrno

That's not quite the concept behind this new People Power.

Orton is not with them "People", now if you said Jericho, then maybe.

So they buried Cody for over a month to prepare him for a WWE title match?

What the hell is wrong with this company?!

They bury everyone before they give them a push so that way when they fail they can justify their pushes of Cena and Orton. See Bryan, Del Rio, Christian, Mark Henry, Del Rio, Sheamus, and pretty much anyone else that they attempted to give a main event push.

G-Fex

I can't believe I missed the Kane/Bryan match.

It doesn't even make sense, ones a normal wrestling guy and the other is a supernatural entity from hell itself.

How is such a match even possible?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I can't believe I missed the Kane/Bryan match.

It doesn't even make sense, ones a normal wrestling guy and the other is a supernatural entity from hell itself.

How is such a match even possible?
I used to ask that all the time back in the attitude era, lol. "So, a vampire is going to fight an MMA fighter?"

"Kane just shot a fireball out of his hand. How does anyone stand a chance against him?"

Evening Musuko

Black Korea
Orton vs Christian for the IC all the way until Summersalm then?

http://i.imgur.com/woWdt.gif[/IMG ][/QUOTE]

If it does come down to that, it'll probably put over the title as something important. Then Orton or Christian can drop to it to an up and comer in the September PPV.

LOL

Ithil

They'd announce it, wouldn't they? I doubt Cody Rhodes is so high up on the totem pole that WWE would hide his Wellness Policy Violations...

They only protect their most "pet" wrestlers. Even Mysterio's violations have been announced. I think Orton/Batista are the only ones (I doubt Cena is even tested) strongly suspected to have been given a pass.

They seem to be high on Cody well enough, but if he had a violation, I expect they'd announce it.

Top Bottom