• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

RBH

From the Observer:

--Jericho did an interview with The Sun in the U.K. where he said that his original gimmick of coming out pretending to be the pandering 80s white meat babyface and then not talking on interviews at all for the first few weeks was actually the idea of Vince McMahon. He was doing the interview to promote Fozzy concerts in the U.K. in June. While this was not in the interview, obviously the Jericho-Punk angle based on your father is a drunk, your sister is a drug addict had nothing to do with the Gorgeous George Jr. vs. Bobby Shane angle in Australia in 1974, even though they were similar, because there was no way anyone involved would have known about it. I had never even heard of that angle until George’s death last week. It also wasn’t based on the Jerry Lawler-Jake Roberts angle where Lawler poured the alcohol on Roberts when Roberts was trying to clean up. The angle was actually almost an accident. They had a different version of what they were going to do to set up the Mania feud, and at the last minute, Vince McMahon changed his mind on the direction and it was one of those scripts rewritten, someone came up with the idea just to do a new promo on that show with Jericho getting under Punk’s skin in that way and it went from there. Based on the reaction to the first promo, they decided to take it further with the sister and mother because they were happy about how the original angle went down. In the U.K. interview, Jericho also mentioned that people were over analyzing the videos on his return, and that there was really no significance to the little girl or anything like that. There was an end of the world as you know it theme. Jericho will be back after the tour until a summer hiatus. He is advertised on the November U.K. tour which would indicate after his August touring to promote his album, he’s not taking any kind of lengthy absence and that he’s got a new agreement since his original deal ended before that time.

--The Bella Twins did an interview with Diva-Dirt talking about their departure from the company. Nikki said, “It was actually pretty recent (when they made the decision not to renew their contracts). Brie and I just decided that we needed a little bit of a break. When you’ve been on the road for five years, haven’t seen your bed for five days straight, we kind of came to a point like, maybe we can rest out bodies for a little bit. It might not be permanent. You guys might see us soon, you may not. We just knew that we definitely needed to take a break.” Brie said, “With any career you’re in, there’s always a life outside of your career and that’s one thing when you’re on the road 300 days of the year, you start missing your family, you miss your friends, you miss all the things you enjoy in life like going to the movies, museums. It’s something that Nikki and I are really looking forward to in the next couple of months. It’s funny, already two weeks gone and it’s crazy how much we miss being at WWE, so you never know. But we’re going too enjoy those things we loved outside of wrestling.” These comments once again brings up the idea of staggered schedules and how they may be beneficial. For years people have pointed to the old schedules in Japan, where guys may be three hard weeks and then get three weeks off to live a normal life. But in reality, when you look at how the performers that worked Japan ended up, while the U.S. guys of that era didn’t fare so well, those in Japan didn’t do any better. But the idea of scheduled breaks can alleviate the mental burnout. Nikki said that when the two talked about their contracts expiring, they both admitted to the other they were exhausted and just needed a break.

wYDI8.gif

If there is one thing to applaud WWE for recently, it was making the Divas more diverse. Everyone was tanned blonde for a while back, but now we got choices. Lovely choices.

krae_man

- With John Cena vs. Big Show being promoted as the main event of WWE’s upcoming No Way Out pay-per-view, the streak continues of non-title matches headlining pay-per-views.

Believe it or not, the last time a WWE Championship or World Heavyweight Championship match headlined a pay-per-view was last December’s TLC pay-per-view, when CM Punk defended the WWE title in a triple threat match with The Miz and Alberto Del Rio.

Card Mid Punk indeed.

Main Events have been:

Royal Rumble
Amber Lamps match
Rock-Cena
Cena-Lesner
Cena-Johnny
Cena-Show

- The latest WWE Magazine also hints that WrestleMania 30 will be held in “a city of Olympic proportions.”

New York hasn't hosted an Olympics have they? So Vancouver? Lake Placid? LA? Atlanta? Salt Lake City? Squaw Valley? Montreal? Calgary?

They wouldn't do London and Tape delay it would they?

Khrno

If there is one thing to applaud WWE for recently, it was making the Divas more diverse. Everyone was tanned blonde for a while back, but now we got choices. Lovely choices.

The WWE should scrap the Divas title, get back the Women's title and hire a Japanese female wrestler and a luchadora, or a couple of them, and have them in real matches with Beth, Natalya, Kaitlyn, Kharma and AJ. All the other ones can just be valets and go out half naked and stay ring-side.

I like how all of Cena's opponents are from the past eras and not the present, also the list is missing Lesnar.

At least he isn't burying newer guys lol

Will the time ever come that Vince, or anyone in will thinki that it is actually a good idea to have Cena make stars? He made Punk a star
with the little Jimmies, and that's what counts

XenoRaven

I like how all of Cena's opponents are from the past eras and not the present, also the list is missing Lesnar.
Who believes anyone from the current era can actually beat him? They're going to have to start getting deals with DC and Marvel since there aren't any human opponents left for him to beat.

Actually this could be a great time for a cross-promotion with the new Robocop movie.

Linkified

New York hasn't hosted an Olympics have they? So Vancouver? Lake Placid? LA? Atlanta? Salt Lake City? Squaw Valley? Montreal? Calgary?

If they put an impressive card, and make it so people actually want to watch it - then yes, yes, yes.

Plus they would make more money from London and could be a good draw for the company.

At least he isn't burying newer guys lol

Will the time ever come that Vince, or anyone in will thinki that it is actually a good idea to have Cena make stars? He made Punk a star
with the little Jimmies, and that's what counts
For now, Cena can only go on so long digging up past relics, though I guess Lord Revoked status Tensei would technically be yet another name from the past so I assume he's up next on Cena's list.

Who believes anyone from the current era can actually beat him? They're going to have to start getting deals with DC and Marvel since there aren't any human opponents left for him to beat.

Actually this could be a great time for a cross-promotion with the new Robocop movie.
Cena couldn't even lose to Punk clean last year, distracted by his own code of honour at MITB and ignored rope break at SS, I look forward to what they plan next for a Cena cop out finish.

And obligatory WCW Robocop mention.

Khrno

We were talking about it yesterday, if Vince would do one or two previous PPVs from the UK to "train" the audience to watch them at 3/12p, then there wouldn't be a need to have them on tape delay.

Besides that, I don't think there wouldn't be any other problems to suggest that London (or any other place in Europe) isn't a good to host the WM week, with the axxess stuff, WM in a big stadium and then Raw and SD on another arena.

XenoRaven

Cena couldn't even lose to Punk clean last year, distracted by his own code of honour at MITB and ignored rope break at SS, I look forward to what they plan next for a Cena cop out finish.

And obligatory WCW Robocop mention.
Don't forget when he had to be physically locked out of a cage so that Del Rio could win that triple threat match. That's my personal favorite. Though I am surprised he didn't use his super strength to bust through the cage.

I'm only 30 seconds in and it's already awkward as hell. :lol

Yeah, they already made fun of the name TNA, you got Velvet Sky and ODB in ring gear acting like sluts when the guy says he's got a girlfriend and then Velvet says "hey there's no ring on your finger", you got them not knowing who Trace Adkins is after the host says his name and even though he's been on TNA multiple times, you got the host no selling moves like a kick in the balls, and after all of this Impact was barely mentioned. Why in the world would you send your 2 trashiest women to a media spot?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Don't forget when he had to be physically locked out of a cage so that Del Rio could win that triple threat match. That's my personal favorite. Though I am surprised he didn't use his super strength to bust through the cage.
Not everyone is that strong.

kanetake2_display_image.jpg

Top Bottom