• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Forkball

RLMQY.gif

RBH

The preliminary buyrate total for Extreme Rules is 251,000 PPV buys. This is reflected in WWE's chart showing 147,000 domestic buys and 104,000 international buys. The official total for Brock Lesnar's PPV return match will be reported in the second quarter 2012 earnings later this year.

Last year's Extreme Rules did 216,000 buys (108,000 domestic buys).

WWE's revised WrestleMania 28 PPV buy total is 1.21 million buys, down from a reported 1.30 million buys. WWE CEO Vince McMahon noted in a quarterly conference call earlier this month that buys were "slightly lower" than the 1.30 million figure WWE announced after WM28.

The math to get to 1.21 million buys is reflected in WWE's chart for the current period (April). The average buys for the two events in April was 732,000, which is a product of Extreme Rules's 251,000 buys and the WM28 figure.

WWE did not release a preliminary break down of domestic vs. international buys for WrestleMania.

ERPPVbuyschart.jpg

AprilPPVbuys.jpg

http://www.snl.com/interactive/lookandfeel/4121687/Key-Performance-Indicators.pdf

So based on their early projections Extreme Rules only increased by 35,000 buys from last year. Brock could have meant so much more if they would have held him until Summerslam.

Well Brock as a draw means nothing now as he already lost to John Cena on his first match back. His feud with HHH is meaningless especially with them dragging courtroom bullshit into it. Good thing John Cena got his win though right?

remember how for the briefest of periods it sounded as if Cena would take a break after he got his much needed win over Lesnar to regain his mojo or whatever? that was a good couple of hours.

jmdajr

Well Brock as a draw means nothing now as he already lost to John Cena on his first match back. His feud with HHH is meaningless especially with them dragging courtroom bullshit into it. Good thing John Cena got his win though right?
Still cant beat THE ROCK!

Was it? As you know, I am more gleeful about this wretched company's impending and inevitable death than you are, but even I thought they'd top 200k despite the terrible circumstances.

Ahh here we go http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=37419177&highlight=#post37419177

BoboBrazil said:
Jones vs Rashad will probably end up with 700,000-800,000 buys while Extreme Rules will end up at 150,000-175,000 maximum. Now they've ruined Brock as a draw because he lost his fucking first match back. How are they this fucking stupid?????????????

G-Fex

The only reason The Crock won is cause he's a big celebrity, and the Rocksucker Vince Mcmahon has to get those kids monies or else they'll stop watching double double E.

And now I'm going to go report Bobobrazil

dream

Check your PMs, my nin.

In the segment-by-segment, they opened well (3.40) for the John Cena interview with John Laurinaitis. The Big Show explanation and Cena vs. David Otunga lost 139,000 viewers. Santino Marella doing the angle with Ricardo Rodriguez lost 521,000 viewers. Randy Orton vs. Alberto Del Rio lost 252,000 viewers. Daniel Bryan vs. Kane gained 390,000 viewers to a 3.01 rating. It’s not great for the slot, but a good showing for the segment having Bryan and Punk in it. Christian vs. Jinder Mahal lost 259,000 viewers. Beth Phoenix vs. Kelly Kelly gained 44,000 viewers. And John Cena & Sheamus vs. Tensai & Jack Swagger & Dolph Ziggler with all the heel lumberjacks in a long match, gained 878,000 viewers, to a 3.49 overrun, which is better than you’d expect. Whether you want to attribute it to Cena, Sheamus or whatever, it went from a 2.3 to a 3.5 among teenage boys, 2.4 to 3.1 in Males 18-49 but didn’t show any real gains among girls or women. Teenage boys has been a cause for concern so this was a good week.

Good god. Kane actually carried Daniel Bryan to his first ever ratings gain. SoulPlaya was right. Goddamn us all, SoulPlaya was right.

dream = vince

I have never been more sure in my life.

If that were true we'd have Drugs on A Pole matches every week between 2 down on their luck wrestlers while dreamVince sat at the commentary table laughing.

Oh, and Sting vs. Hogan main events every week and every PPV. Now I get why he lusts Dixie so much: They mark for the same wrestlers.

Chopper

Anyone but Vince = Vince would be good enough for me. Seriously, when the fuck is this man gonna step the fuck down? He's ruining one of my favourite things in the world. :(

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Check your PMs, my nin.

Good god. Kane actually carried Daniel Bryan to his first ever ratings gain. SoulPlaya was right. Goddamn us all, SoulPlaya was right.
I told you fools that Kane was a draw! He even got that ratings black hole Bryan to shine!!! AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!

I'm surprised SoulPlaya hasn't taken over this thread with his weird Kane art.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=474696
I didn't even know it existed. Thank you, I shall visit now.

The Raw ratings are sort of misleading as they lost viewers from last week, but ended up with a higher rating due to less people watching tv as a whole that night. Let's see what happens next week.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
i didn't go to raw monday and of course del rio and ricardo show up -_-

i didn't even watch the show so i'm out of the loop. feels good man.

Yeah, if I usually see results after I don't watch I'm happy I didn't waste me time. Let's face it, nothing ever really happens on WWE tv. They've already done their "good" angles for the year with Brock vs Cena and Rock vs Cena. Probably a good idea to tune out until after the election is over in November. Linda's campaign will make tv unbearable for awhile. I'm still debating if I should get tickets to Raw. It's coming in August and tickets go on sale 6/2. I just realized I'm not going to get to see Flair at Slammiversary since he quit TNA. Man this fucking sucks.

DMeisterJ

Banned
What do you think Vince and Linda talk about when they are in a room alone together?

They talk about how they should best burn their money. Whether they should spend $5 million on Brock Lesnar, or spend millions on a failed campaign race for her, again.

Clearly, they can't come to an agreement, so they did both.

Top Bottom