• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
fIUIM.jpg

No one replaces Maryse.

I may like other divas at times, but it is in a lustful primal level. Maryse was perfect in every way.

Maryse met what i look for in a diva, which is very different to what i look for in a regular woman. i like them rake thin and able to take a punch to the face. Maryse was great. Michelle McCool too.

i'm not into skinny women outside of wrestling... but it really works when a female wrestler looks like she's going to get broken in half by the kind of bumps they take.

UberTag

It's probably for the best.
The only thing Jericho has done in this latest comeback effort is tarnish his legacy.

People are going to start ranking him below Bret Hart and Edge in the category of "greatest Canadian wrestlers" and it's probably good that he gets to exit before they start bumping him below the likes of Bobby Rooooooooode.
I have to correct myself from this morning as I made a misstatement above.

There's another Canadian I overlooked... one whom is widely viewed as being superior to Bret Hart, Edge, Chris Jericho and countless others in terms of the mark they made on wrestling.

No, I'm not talking about Santino.
Or The Mountie.
Or that dead guy who fell off an arena roof on pay-per-view.
Or that dead guy who killed his family.

I'm talking about none other than...

dwayne_johnson_2_getty350_17lan6o-17lan6s.jpg

Dwayne is a legit Canuck. Rocky Johnson was born in Nova Scotia. Therefore his kids are considered Canadian citizens regardless of where they were born and raised.

RBH

Former WWE Superstar MVP appeared on MLW Radio this week and revealed that he had planned to create a hip-hop supergroup with John Cena and R-Truth in the WWE.

“When I got to Raw, I had asked Cena about making music and we discussed it. When we were on the bus together or the hotel lobby and Cena would break out some instrumentals, we’d start freestyling together and it was really a trip watching all these people say, ‘I didn’t know you could do that!’ My cousin ended up producing this really cool beat and Cena came by my house when Raw was in town. He recorded a verse on it. I recorded a verse and my idea was for the three guys on the roster who actually rap their own theme music [MVP, Cena and R-Truth], let the three of us all get together on this one track. Kevin Dunn said it was really good and that he really liked it.”

“I approached Vince with the idea and Vince wasn’t interested. What I saw was, if you take me, Cena and R-Truth and put us all together, even for a little while and let us run like a little bit of a clique, I thought it would be a lot of fun and that the crowd would really get off on it. Especially if we weren’t all on the same show. If I’m on Smackdown and those guys are on Raw, but something goes down and the music plays and here I come running out or I’m in trouble on Smackdown and those guys come running out, almost like a really cool urban hip hop stable, John [Cena] being the leader . . . the song would have been a platinum single.”

You can hear the full interview at MLW.com or on iTunes.
http://www.pwmania.com/artman/mvp-says-he-nearly-formed-a-hip-hop-supergroup-in-wwe

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I don't know about platinum single, but it seems like a lot of MVP's ideas and abilities were just flat out denied by Vince.

DMczaf

It's too late for that idea now. Did you hear that dead silence when Thuganomics hit the arena on Raw? Cena's fanbase doesn't even know what he did before he became The Marine.

It's too late for that idea now. Did you hear that dead silence when Thuganomics hit the arena on Raw? Cena's fanbase doesn't even know what he did before he became The Marine.

DMczaf, go back to your thread about movies

Keep talking trash and you'll need surgery on your face

just like you had on your boobies

1. Tough question. In kayfabe, the championships are the golden rings that everyone is fighting for, so they're the primary motivation for most feuds. However, I think "I want your belt" can only be so entertaining. "Personal issues" stories are more unique and varied so in this day and age I think they're just as important. Whether it's Awesome Truth claiming a conspiracy in the WWE, or Laurinaitis declaring war on wrestling as a whole and bringing in Brock Lesnar, or Kane wanting Cena to embrace the dark side, or Jericho and Punk fighting over the claim of who's truly best in the world -- things just get deeper and more interesting when it's about more than just the title.

What's the point of titles at all in this case? Shouldn't it be the writers' job to fit these "personal issue" angles in with the championship ladders? This answer is exactly the reason why the show is so one note and boring. Neither the writers nor Vince have any idea how to run more than 2 real angles at a time when they have 4 hours worth of TV a week.

rvd2kewl

Update on the TNA/WWE Lawsuit:

TNA VS. WWE LAWSUIT PICKED UP BY ASSOCIATED PRESS
by Mike Johnson @ 5:26 PM on 5/25/2012

TNA's lawsuit against WWE was picked up by The Associated Press today, which means it will pop up nationally in a lot of different markets in the days to come.

The article mentioned that former TNA and WWE staffer Brian Wittenstein had signed a non-disclosure agreement when he left TNA, agreeing he would not pass on any confidential information.

The remainder of the article pretty much recounted aspects of the case we've written abit here.

If that's the case, that dude is SCREWED. He reportedly handed over documents to WWE with TNA info. WWE then presented those documents to TNA trying to be nice & professional and it backfired into a lawsuit.

I doubt anything will happen to WWE here. There's no evidence of them using the information and they actually reported it to TNA themselves when they didn't need to. I'm sure their lawyers will take care of it.

trunbuns

Sandow cut a decent promo on SD, the whole segment was pretty good actually. This has been one of the better recent Smackdowns.

Edit: Amazing yes chants as well!

Update on the TNA/WWE Lawsuit:

In that's the case, that dude is SCREWED. He reportedly handed over documents to WWE with TNA info. WWE then presented those documents to TNA trying to be nice & professional and it backfired into a lawsuit.

I doubt anything will happen to WWE here. There's no evidence of them using the information and they actually reported it to TNA themselves when they didn't need to. I'm sure their lawyers will take care of it.

i'm sure TNA know that. i'm also sure this is them continuing to be desperate to get mentioned in the same breath as WWE when they should be finding a unique identity and not worrying about the E.

I think they just got retroactively bitter about the Ric Flair thing after WWE started doing stuff like the Hulk Hogan impersonation and showing Brock beating all the TNA guys. They have no chance of winning a case against WWE when WWE did the right thing here. They weren't even obligated to tell TNA the employee gave them information.

i'm sure TNA know that. i'm also sure this is them continuing to be desperate to get mentioned in the same breath as WWE when they should be finding a unique identity and not worrying about the E.

yeah that's how I see this.

I don't think anyone with any sense would find WWE at fault here. If anything I am a bit shocked they where so honest about it and fired the guy and contacted TNA about the information.

I still bet we will see TNA try and turn this into a angle at there next taping about the big mean WWE stealing there ideas.

somedevil

Here is the rating for the second Fight Night for Impact Rating:

Thursday's TNA Impact Wrestling television show drew a 1.02 rating, down from the 1.07 rating the show drew last week. Impact averaged 1.43 million viewers compared to the 1.5 million who tuned in the week before.

as long as roode retains, its all good

They'll probably have Sting beat him for the title on the live Impact next week.

When does King Mo join the roster? I will watch.

Supposed to start showing up end of Summer/Early Fall.

The rating for Impact this week doesn't matter, it's when they go live next week and the week after that.

Yeah, they should pop a good rating next week with all the hype they are giving it. This is TNA though, so I imagine next week's show is going to be a train wreck. They fuck up every opportunity possible to gain new viewers. Jeff Jarrett will be back. Brooke Hogan and Hulk Hogan all over the show. Probably a Sting title win. Batista coming in.

When people say 2012 is the worst they've ever been they just need to look bad at 2010. Truly one of the worst years in WWE history.

2010 had Kane World champion and the rise of Wade Barrett and the Nexus, I completely disagree, best year since like 2005.

Now i'm trying to get over the G-Fex gimmick change, this is like trying to not call Tensai A Train.

Top Bottom