• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

RBH

labcx.gif

dream

Holy shit, Brock really is coming back to the Ultimate.

edit: I'm not kidding, Bobo. Dana all but confirmed it.

dream

And given the ratings and abysmal buyrates, it's entirely reasonable to believe that Vince would cut bait on the deal.

dream

Wait, now what exactly did Dana say?

Ariel asked him why Brock was there. Dana flashed his shit eating grin and said "I guess he's a big fan now." Ariel asks if there's more to it than that. Dana smiles and says "yup." So Ariel asks him "is Brock coming back?" And Dana says something like "you tell me" or "maybe" while smirking.

edit: and now some other "MMA journalist" just said something about Brock "not doing much for ratings or buyrates" in WWE.

Maybe he will fight for the UFC and wrestle for the WWE at the same time? He could easily set up a UFC fight for his downtime between Summerslam and Wrestlemania. There's too much money to be made in UFC to ignore it. He gets millions for every fight he does. After that fraud Overeem beat him by suspicious means, he has every right to come back in for one more fight. We all want Dos Santos vs Lesnar. It's gotta happen.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Ariel asked him why Brock was there. Dana flashed his shit eating grin and said "I guess he's a big fan now." Ariel asks if there's more to it than that. Dana smiles and says "yup." So Ariel asks him "is Brock coming back?" And Dana says something like "you tell me" or "maybe" while smirking.

edit: and now some other "MMA journalist" just said something about Brock "not doing much for ratings or buyrates" in WWE.
Sounds like a ploy to generate interest.

dream

I think it would be fantastic if Paul Heyman somehow worked Dana into unwittingly playing a part in a WWE angle.

dream

Anyway, Meltzer's saying there were a lot of rumors about Brock's return going around Vegas yesterday. Tonight's Observer Radio should be interesting.

How much do you think Vince gave Brock to cut contract and walk away? 1 million? 2 million? Or is it possible Vince gave Brock his blessing to go do a UFC fight during his downtime in the hopes he would come back at Wrestlemania as UFC champ???

G-Fex

How much do you think Vince gave Brock to cut contract and walk away? 1 million? 2 million? Or is it possible Vince gave Brock his blessing to go do a UFC fight during his downtime in the hopes he would come back at Wrestlemania as UFC champ???

Why?

To try to get UFC fans to watch WWE?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Brock's gonna win whatever UFC title. Then be like "ya know there's one man I've never beaten, John Cena" Then Cener gets a title shot and wins the belt showing he is the best in sports-entertainment.

Or at least that's how my fanfic goes.

dream

I just can't see Dana willing to co-promote with Vince, and that's essentially what he'd be doing if he let Brock work WWE PPVs as UFC talent.

G-Fex

No, so he can have one of his guys beat the UFC champ and prove wrestlers are better. Why would you think anything else?

There is no invasion part 2, that won't go down no matter how much of a boner Vince has for that idea.

Dana, and other people with common sense won't do that.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
He's either UFC or WWE. It would be stupid of either to associate with each other too strongly (Well, it would be really dumb for the UFC, lol). I still say it's a work.

dream

Yeah UFC fans and journalists would shit on Dana for working with Vince McMahon and making a "mockery" of the sport.

And, really, what would be in it for Dana? He doesn't need the WWE to promote a Brock fight; the UFC is bigger than the WWE and people think of Brock Lesnar as a UFC fighter, not a WWE Superstar. Brock coming back would be close to a million buys (as opposed to, you know, 170k) and that's without the benefit of being promoted on Monday Night Raw SuperShow.

Lesnar would make close to 4 or 5 million off a fight with Dos Santos if he did come back to UFC for one more fight. A smart man like Brock Lesnar probably likes those odds and also being respected by his boss Dana White unlike in the WWE.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Lesnar would make close to 4 or 5 million off a fight with Dos Santos if he did come back to UFC for one more fight. A smart man like Brock Lesnar probably likes those odds and also being respected by his boss Dana White unlike in the WWE.
I have to ask, where do you get these numbers from? According to this, he got $400K for his last UFC fight.

http://www.mmamania.com/2011/12/31/...ck-lesnar-leads-with-event-high-400000-payday

Is there something I'm missing here?

EDIT: That number probably doesn't include his share of PPV revenue, nevermind.

Front Front Row Brian

"New info surfacing... Brock Lesnar's deal with WWE is NOT exclusive and he was in Las Vegas at UFC for a specific reason. Wow."

Looks like I might have been right.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Front Front Row Brian

"New info surfacing... Brock Lesnar's deal with WWE is NOT exclusive and he was in Las Vegas at UFC for a specific reason. Wow."

Looks like I might have been right.
Holy fuck, Brock got the greatest deal in WWE history, if true. Vince gave up exclusivity? Wow.

Brock texted Dana a week and a half ago and said he wanted to come to the show and talk and to keep it a secret. Dana and Lesnar are meeting up later tonight to talk business.

Top Bottom