• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

dream

I dunno, it probably won't be for a few hours. They like to get some drinks before recording them. Dave's kinda selling this as a big story on his board, though so maybe it will be sooner.

rvd2kewl

Lesnar ain't going back to UFC. He's just taking in a show and trying to create a buzz within the wrestling community at the same time. Dana knows how the game is played and is on good terms with WWE so he'll play along. Why not? It's free publicity and it's good publicity.

Brock got killed in his last three fights, including the one he won against Carwin. There's no way Vince would leave open the chance of it happening again or potentially worse (serious injury) before Mania 29.

Khrno

ownay7bc0so5s057.jpg

dream

Per Dave on his board:

Dana & Brock are going to talk in a few minutes as soon as Dana can get out of here.

Dana White said he would be talking with Brock Lesnar later tonight. He said that people know the difference between pro wrestling and UFC and he would not be adverse to using Lesnar while he is also with the WWE.

Taking a match in his downtime between Summerslam and Wrestlemania like I guessed. Book him vs Dos Santos for October, November or December cards. Guaranteed money.

Kaladin

Taking a match in his downtime between Summerslam and Wrestlemania like I guessed. Book him vs Dos Santos for October, November or December cards. Guaranteed money.

If Dana books it before Survivor Series, Vince will move Lesnar vs Triple H to then so he can send Triple H to the UFC event.

I think at this point I'd rather see Brock vs Big Country, but if he's coming for one match it's gotta be against Dos Santos for the title. It will make the most money. If he fought Big Country and lost they couldn't justify putting him in with Dos Santos. With the shady Overeem win they can justify a Lesnar/Dos Santos match right now.

how is shawn not on the top 25 talkers list? Him during the attitude era and the Hogan match shoots were fucking classic, yeah maybe not the top 5 (or even 10) of all time, but not even in the 25?

and John fucking Cena OVER Bobby Heenan? Whenever I watch John Cena super serious its like "OK, I know I'm watching fake wrestling" /kevinnash

WTF.

I think at this point I'd rather see Brock vs Big Country, but if he's coming for one match it's gotta be against Dos Santos for the title. It will make the most money. If he fought Big Country and lost they couldn't justify putting him in with Dos Santos. With the shady Overeem win they can justify a Lesnar/Dos Santos match right now.

This whole situation is insane and great. Way more entertaining than anything that's happened for weeks.

I went to the UFC thread to find out about Brock, then the UFC thread to me Arianny got arrested for domestic violence.

She's gone heel. I love her more.

Cain Velasquez will almost certainly be in line for the next UFC HW title shot at JDS after his destruction of 'Big Foot' Silva last night.

Daniel Cormier is also rumoured to be joining UFC from Strikeforce after winning their HW Grand Prix and Dana White has said he would instantly be in the title mix.

If Lesnar goes back to the UFC he would have to fight at least once, most prob twice to earn a title shot after his last three performances for the company.

The HW division in the UFC is now stacked and as much as i like him i really don't want to see him go back and get destroyed again.

He was the UFC HW Champion when the division was just starting to become stronger (Big Country, Silva, Carwin, JDS, Cain, Overeem, Werdum arrived shortly after him).

Also Lesnar big deficiency in MMA was his striking, JDS would absolutely murder him as he is a world class boxer with amazing take down defense.

Lesnar would most prob face two of either Big Country, Silva, Cormier, Werdum or Carwin / Mir again to earn a title shot and even *If* he was to beat JDS then he is going to have Valasquez and Overeem breathing down his neck (two men who destroyed him).

The moral of the story for me at least, is that Brock should stay in WWE and pick up that easy $5 million for three or four worked big name match ups against Triple H, The Rock and then Undertaker at Mania.

Lesnar made $5.2 million in his highest earning UFC year, not enough to put your long term health or even life on the line when he can make $5 million in the same time frame for four WWE matches.

DMczaf

Can someone explain to me how UFC is going to make more money off of Brock's return to WWE than the WWE?

Jesus christ, Vince. Jesus christ...

Can someone explain to me how UFC is going to make more money off of Brock's return to WWE than the WWE?

Jesus christ, Vince. Jesus christ...

Easy. Dana is smart for the most part and gives the fans what they want. Vince is an idiot and books to please himself.

I don't know what's more embarassing. That Spike paid to use Real American for Brooke Hogan or they are using Brooke Hogan to hype Impact. Who gives a fuck about Brooke Hogan? Smart move by Hulk to get his daughter on the first live show though that's been hyped for a month so when the rating does come in higher he can say it's because of Brooke.

Ithil

I don't know what's more embarassing. That Spike paid to use Real American for Brooke Hogan or they are using Brooke Hogan to hype Impact. Who gives a fuck about Brooke Hogan? Smart move by Hulk to get his daughter on the first live show though that's been hyped for a month so when the rating does come in higher he can say it's because of Brooke.

Hulk Hogan gives a fuck about Brooke Hogan. And that's all that matters as far as TNA is concerned.

Probably going to be a train wreck, but it will be fun to watch. Should all tune in to the live one and talk about it together on here. It's a second live wrestling show a week!

It's still not going live in the the UK stations (as far as I know). I think tonight is the first airing after the American airing on Thursday - and it is set to stay like that.

Top Bottom