• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Are you guys ready for a special Memorial Day edition of Raw? With Lilian singing the national anthem! With a special tribute video to the troops! With John Cena giving shoutouts to the troops! With WWE showing a video of themselves paying tribute to the troops over the years, including that fearless night after 9/11 where they put the show on the air to provide entertainment to millions in their time of grieving for our nation!

As if my Raw hype couldn't get any lower...

Maybe we'll get Sergeant Slaughter beating up Jinder Mahal, would that make you more or less excited?

CqZI1.gif

Heel

I figured as much. That's practically how it is in just about every close-knit thread.

Yeah don't sweat it, just come post about MMA like RBH and you'll blend right in. I will vouch for my Wrassle-GAF brethren.

Unlike my good friend Heel, I actually think Bootaaay would enjoy Bellator very much. Think of it as the Ultimate version of Evolve. Where Evolve is booked around win/loss records, Bellator lives and dies on their tournaments -- you don't get a title shot (even if you're a "star") unless you win a 8 man tournament.

This gets interesting because the tournament format inherently creates a ton of storylines. Bellator also does a much better job than any other promotion when it comes to developing their fighter's characters. This season has sucked ass because fuck heavyweights, but I think the overall format of Bellator is easier to follow than diving into the wild west of the Ultimate where nothing seems to matter.

They also have the best commentary duo in the business.

Eh, I guess? Great concept in theory but bland competitors kinda ruins it. Honestly it's not that captivating to me. I think their vignettes are god awful.

Are you guys ready for a special Memorial Day edition of Raw? With Lilian singing the national anthem! With a special tribute video to the troops! With John Cena giving shoutouts to the troops! With WWE showing a video of themselves paying tribute to the troops over the years, including that fearless night after 9/11 where they put the show on the air to provide entertainment to millions in their time of grieving for our nation!
Leave the memories alone.

NawidA

Banned
F5 should be top 5 for sure. Stone Cold Stunner varies on the selling (Shane McMahon makes it the greatest finisher ever) but I think it's good enough for a top 5. Crippler Crossface for #1?

I'm ready.
To be bored.

Khrno

You guys are actually going to watch RAW tonight? LOL!!!! You guys know my foolproof plan. It never fails me!

You're actually going to miss how the Kane/Bryan/Punk/AJ story develops?

Oh wait, you're not going to be watching, because you are going to be performing. My apologies Glenn.

Can it, English.

such a lack of class, just what I expect from a....hang on haven't we done this before at some point?

I must apologise, I will eagerly anticipate Raw and I will partake in the tradition of tearing up with the crowd as a video reel showing eagles and planes zooming over various monuments airs.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You're actually going to miss how the Kane/Bryan/Punk/AJ story develops?

Oh wait, you're not going to be watching, because you are going to be performing. My apologies Glenn.
It's alright, no hard feelings.

I mean. . . . . . . . uhhhhh. . . . . . I'll be watching only the Kane segment, and then turning it off!

How will John Cena cope with that despicable display of violence at the hands of the dastardly Big Show the last 2 weeks? Is anyone in the locker room safe from Big Show's warpath? As Raw was going off the air last week pandemonium broke loose in the ring that left the locker room divided. What will the Board of Directors have to say about this tonight on Raw? Funkasaurus has been on a roll. Will Heath Slater be able to stop the funky one in his dinosaur tracks? The last time we saw the Punjabi Playboy Great Khali he was walking to the ring. Find out tonight if he ever made it! Plus so much more on an action packed Raw!

Aiii

So not worth it
Fingers crossed for lots of Punk vs Bryan and AJ on Raw.

Kane can be on the show, but please don't add him to their No Way Out match, he can do Orton again.

It's their first live show that will probably have more viewers. First instinct for TNA is to fuck it up by doing a bunch of bullshit, debuting a few ex WWE guys, and of course the HHH of TNA, Jeff Jarrett will come back and probably get involved in the main event some how, because he thinks he's a huge star.

Khrno

Fingers crossed for lots of Punk vs Bryan and AJ on Raw.

Kane can be on the show, but please don't add him to their No Way Out match, he can do Orton again.

I think a rematch so quick and in another z-tier PPV wouldn't be the best way to continue their feud, so I'm actually looking forward to Kane mixing things up to keep the feud fresh and maybe stretching it all the way to Summerslam.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I think a rematch so quick and in another z-tier PPV wouldn't be the best way to continue their feud, so I'm actually looking forward to Kane mixing things up to keep the feud fresh and maybe stretching it all the way to Summerslam.
I should have some great matches with Bryan, he's a good guy.

I mean, Kane will have some good matches with Bryan.

If they are going to put Kane into this match the best course of action would be for Bryan to pin Kane in the match at the ppv and win the title setting up a rematch with Punk at MITB. Since this is WWE they'll probably have Kane push Bryan out of the feud and he will be dropped back down to midcard and forgotten while Kane goes on to feud with Punk over the summer.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
If they are going to put Kane into this match the best course of action would be for Bryan to pin Kane in the match at the ppv and win the title setting up a rematch with Punk at MITB. Since this is WWE they'll probably have Kane push Bryan out of the feud and he will be dropped back down to midcard and forgotten while Kane goes on to feud with Punk over the summer.
Knowing Kane, he'll feud with Bryan, make him look great, and let him go over, so that Bryan doesn't hopefully end up like Miz.

Khrno

Vince threw Bryan inside a cage with both Big Show and Mark Henry, and he actually came out of it looking good. Going against Kane will only make Bryan look better and more threatening if he beats him too.

somedevil

Pwinsider already said that the Bryan vs Punk is going and somehow it will involve Kane.

You have been saying this about Bryan being dropped back into the mid card for awhile now but he has been in the championship mix now for over 5 monthes. They were very close putting the title on him on the last pay per view. Its not going to happen.

such a lack of class, just what I expect from a....hang on haven't we done this before at some point?

I must apologise, I will eagerly anticipate Raw and I will partake in the tradition of tearing up with the crowd as a video reel showing eagles and planes zooming over various monuments airs.

Look, When Raw was in London and WWE showcased their respect for English heritage by displaying a phone booth, taxi, and double decker bus on the set, did I mock you and your cultural symbols?

DMczaf

IGN just put their preview up. Sounds like the real deal.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1171529p1.html

For years WWE has been the Sports Entertainment simulation series from THQ and Yuke's Yokohama. It's been a fun ride, but as with any franchise, fans have complained about annual aspects over and over again. Turns out the developers were listening, killed the series, and are planning on fixing things with WWE '13.

The stiff animations, the characters warping into place for certain moves, the confusing right analog stick controls for grapples -- WWE '13 is addressing all of that and feels good so far. That's pretty damn exciting.

Look, When Raw was in London and WWE showcased their respect for English heritage by displaying a phone booth, taxi, and double decker bus on the set, did I mock you and your cultural symbols?
I always wondered why WWE never had a cultural set for Canada. Like a table on the ramp with a bottle of syrup on top of a hockey jersey. Then they can have a mannequin wearing a jean jacket and jorts.

I've heard this before. Last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, etc.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I'll believe this when I see it, as the mark that does these previews for IGN has been saying the exact same thing for years.

The new preview trailer looks horrendous.

Edit: Wow, looks like there are a lot of other bitter wrestling video game fans in here. I can't be the only one who wants a No Mercy update.

TheNatural

My Member!
I always wondered why WWE never had a cultural set for Canada. Like a table on the ramp with a bottle of syrup on top of a hockey jersey. Then they can have a mannequin wearing a jean jacket and jorts.

I've heard this before. Last year, and the year before that, and the year before that, and the year before that, etc.

Um, it IS last years.

Top Bottom