• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

"Stone Cold Steve Austin: The Most Popular Superstar"

Who the fuck names these DVDs?

Full title is "Stone Cold Steve Austin: The Most Popular Superstar of All Time"
Though seeing how close Rock's new dvd is sales wise and the fact that Austin had a head start maybe WWE were wrong about that.

In the middle of my day of smoking delicious meats I've been watching the Clash of the Champions dvd. I highly recommend picking this up. The matches that got picked for the dvd are all pretty good to great, plus Bobby "The Brain" Heenan is featured heavily throughout.

Khrno

Though seeing how close Rock's new dvd is sales wise and the fact that Austin had a head start maybe WWE were wrong about that.

It's not like the Rock just had a year-long program with their current top-star, causing all those little jimmies to want to know more about such a despicable person.

DKehoe

To be fair, Rock has been a bigger part of WWE in the past year than Austin.

It's not like the Rock just had a year-long program with their current top-star, causing all those little jimmies to want to know more about such a despicable person.

See, more popular!
Until the next Kane dvd comes out of course....there will be another Kane dvd right?

RBH

y49i.jpg

tb5u.jpg

It is the most impressive feat in the history of Sports Entertainment, and one that may never be duplicated. Twenty times Undertaker has stepped in the ring at the Showcase of the Immortals, WrestleMania, and 20 times he’s had his hand raised in victory. Undertaker has faced some of the biggest names in WWE history, including Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Ric Flair, Edge, Kane, Batista, Randy Orton, and more, and always claimed their souls.

Now for the first time ever, every match in its entirety is collected in one release—Undertaker: The Streak. In addition to every match, the DVD also includes a never-before-seen documentary discussing the historic, unprecedented run.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007RMQ4HC/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Kane vs Edge is getting one of those "Greatest Rivalries" DVD/Blu Rays
I can see it now
Disc 1: 2005
Disc 2: 2010Destroy this disc and never view it

but they should seriously do more of those rivalry dvds, I'm sure they planned to but i've heard nothing except for rumbling about the usual suspects of Rock/Austin or Austin/McMahon and that was like a year ago.

RBH

wwefinishingmovesdvd.jpg

The 50 Greatest Finishing Moves in WWE History presents the most amazing, devastating and bone crunching signature moves in this countdown-style production guaranteed to stir up controversy and banter among the WWE Universe.

From Sweet Chin Music to the Rock Bottom, Attitude Adjustment and everything in between, these are the moves guaranteed to bring the masses to their feet and to leave the unfortunate recipient lying on the mat for the inevitable three count.

Which moves made the cut, and what is the greatest finishing move in the history of WWE. This 3-Disc DVD is great for the opinionated WWE history buffs who love to debate which Superstar’s moves are the greatest.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0082SIKBS/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Entropia

No One Remembers
I can see it now

but they should seriously do more of those rivalry dvds, I'm sure they planned to but i've heard nothing except for rumbling about the usual suspects of Rock/Austin or Austin/McMahon and that was like a year ago.

Explain this to me, I wasn't watching at the time... but Kane vs. Edge, greatest feud? WHAT?

DKehoe

I can see it now

I think Shawn/Bret didn't sell as well as they were expecting so they haven't gone forward with plans for others. Hopefully they do since I like the concept a lot.

Explain this to me, I wasn't watching at the time... but Kane vs. Edge, greatest feud? WHAT?

I'm sure old DKehoe is pulling our legs with this one, but for reference Kane and Edge have feuded around 3 times to my knowledge. first back in 2005 which involved Lita switching from Kane to Edge and was actually pretty good, Kane put Edge over well. Then they were looking to have one back in 2007 I think but Edge got injured shortly after it started and somehow this ended up with Khali as WHC.
Finally and i'm sure this is the main reason he chose this feud there was the awful 2010 feud where Kane lost all his monster heel attributes he'd gained over the last few months by chasing after Bearer who was kidnapped by Edge, each week was like Looney Tunes and Edge was the jerkass face who acted like a heel not unlike Bugs Bunny at his worst (or maybe best). Point is it sucked and I hate it so.
Just imagine if this was the eagerly anticipated second rivalries dvd though...

As for the 50 greatest finishers dvd, how the hell do they get 3 discs out of that?
Number 50: Finisher montage with kayfabe comments from a few midcarders on how painful the move is, repeat 49 more times, maybe add some finisher fest Rock/Austin or HHH/Taker matches.

RBH

In February 2011, "Z! True Long Island Story" debuted on YouTube. Little did future "Broski's" all over the world know, the real story was just beginning. Refusing to be ignored, the sunglass-clad, spike haired Superstar used the power of the internet and social media to catapult himself from relative no-name to online sensation. Fans began chanting "Woo Woo Woo" and other Superstars including John Cena began to echo their support for the man known as "Long Island Iced Z". Today, Zack competes with the upper-echelon of WWE every week and shows no signs of slowing his momentum. This compilation is the first ever DVD to focus on Zack Ryder, and it collects six of the greatest matches tracing his meteoric rise to fame, most of which have never been released on DVD!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RMQ4AE/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Since ascending to the pinnacle of WWE superstardom, John Cena has stared down an endless gauntlet of doubters, haters, as well as the fiercest challengers WWE has to offer, and risen above them all. His determination and resilience have earned him legions of fans, and nothing brings the members of Cenation to their feet more than seeing their hero rise to the occasion inside the squared circle. With this special compilation, relive some of the greatest battles featuring the most popular WWE Superstar of this generation, including matches never-before released on DVD!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007RMQ4WW/?tag=neogaf0e-20

solebryan.jpg

solesheamus.jpg

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/wwe-zack-ryder-dvd-cover-clash-champions/23873/

scrandyorton.jpg

sckofikingston.jpg

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/falls-cou...as-kofi-kingston-randy-orton-cover-art/23919/

It appears WWE might be planning to begin a new series of DVDs entitled “Superstar Collection” – each title to profile one WWE Superstar on the current talent roster, and released on DVD format as a single-disc set.

The ‘budget’ series will consist of single disc DVDs on the featured WWE Superstars, each slated to contain five matches and bonus material.

The above WWE Superstar Collection DVD titles are scheduled for release in July and August. Later in the year there will also be additional releases in the series on Randy Orton, Kofi Kingston, Shawn Michaels, and Rey Mysterio.

Daniel Bryan is the only heel in the superstar collection, he should feel so proud.

The idea behind those superstar dvds isn't that bad until the match listing will likely reveal a bunch of Raw and Smackdown matches that no one wants to see. Kofi's one will probably double as a Dolph Ziggler dvd.

RBH

wwefallscountanywheredv.jpg

Sometimes, rivalries become so intense, they cannot be contained within the ring and cannot be contested by the usual rules. For matches that spill outside the ring, there are Falls Count Anywhere Matches.

Hosted by the Hardcore Legend, Mick Foley, this collection highlights more than 30 years of lawless bouts from WWE, NWA, WCW, and ECW, and features some of the most brutal in-ring performers of all time, including Sgt. Slaughter, Sting, “Macho Man” Randy Savage, the Road Warriors, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Bret “Hit Man” Hart, Triple H, The Rock, Kane, Big Show, Ric Flair, Randy Orton, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, and more.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B007I1Q4PY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Partial match listing

Alley Fight
Pat Patterson vs. Sgt. Slaughter
MSG - May 1981

Chicago Street Fight
The Road Warriors vs. Booker T and Sting
WCW Uncensored 1996

Falls Count Anywhere Match
Sting vs. Cactus Jack
WCW Beach Blast 1992

Street Fight
Vince McMahon vs. Ric Flair
WWE Royal Rumble 2002

Strap Match
The Rock vs. Triple H
Fully Loaded 1999

Unsactioned Street Fight
Shawn Michaels vs. Triple H
WWE Summerslam 2002

Blu Ray Extras:

Boiler Room Brawl
Mankind vs. Santa Claus
Raw · December 20, 1999

Street Fight
Triple H vs. Sheamus
Extreme Rules · April 25, 2010

Falls Count Anywhere Match
Rey Mysterio vs. Cody Rhodes
Extreme Rules · May 1, 2011

Street Fight
Kane vs. Randy Orton
Smackdown · July 22, 2011

http://www.wwedvd.com.au/product/570185/wwe-falls-count-anywhere-the-greatest-street-fi-blu-ray.html

Best of WCW Clash of the Champions [DVD/Blu-ray] – May 22
Extreme Rules 2012 [DVD] – May 29

ECW Unreleased Vol. 1 [DVD/Blu-ray] – June 5
Over the Limit 2012 [DVD] – June 19
Falls Count Anywhere Matches [DVD/Blu-ray] – June 26

No Holds Barred [DVD] – July 3
Superstar Collection: Zack Ryder [DVD] – July 10
Superstar Collection: John Cena [DVD] – July 10
No Way Out 2012 [DVD] – July 17
Undertaker: The Streak [DVD/Blu-ray] – July 24

Superstar Collection: Sheamus [DVD] – August 7
Superstar Collection: Daniel Bryan [DVD] – August 7
Money in the Bank 2012 [DVD] – August 14
The 50 Greatest Finishing Moves [DVD/Blu-ray] – August 21

http://www.wwedvdnews.com/daniel-bryan-wwe-dvd-release-date-superstar-collection/23636/

Khrno

Flooding the retail channels with DVDs, with low production costs?

Sounds like a better strategy than their PVP strategy to be honest.

Linkified

How many traditionally cruiser weight moves are banned? Enough to make a difference on the division? I know Cena's tumble roll through the ropes is allowed but I don't know if they've banned anything that will have an effect, so i'm actually curious.

Nah what I'm saying is basically doing a better version of the X division but calling it the Velocity division.

Whilst I'm here you know a best gimmick match for Ryback to be in a Lion's Den match.

What 5 matches would you put on a Zack Ryder dvd? :lol

1. WWE Title match vs. Sheamus where he got broque kicked faster than Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania.

2. First appearance on Raw since the start of ZTLIS.

3. First appearance on Smackdown since start of ZTLIS.

4. Tag match w/ Cena, where he got cheered louder than Cena.

5. U.S. Title match vs. Dolph Ziggler at TLC.

Bonus: Changing a flat tire on Raw in 2012

AA will probably be #6. I don't think even modern day WWE can stick that before Tombstone. Rock Bottom, Stunner, SCM, Pedigree

I am sure Cena will be above stuff like Figure-4, Leg-Drop (Hogan), Lionsault, Swanton, 619 and stuff like that

Bro Kick, Yes Lock, and GTS will probably be high enough if they are using the DVD to push people too

giBCb.jpg

^^^ TOP 3 ^^^

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
It's amazing how every Bryan GIF chanting yes fills my head with his voice.

"YYYYYES! YES! YES YES YES!"

I think The Celtic Cross, Brogue Kick, Irish Curse, White Noise, Irish Car Bomb, Bono, Irish Hand Grenade, and Dublin Cloverleaf all must be included to make that dvd legitimate.

It's shortened.

http://i.imgur.com/lpFz2l.jpg[IMG]

...I don't know if this is better.[/QUOTE]

[quote="Nocturnowl, post: 38272484"]Full title is "Stone Cold Steve Austin: The Most Popular Superstar of All Time"
Though seeing how close Rock's new dvd is sales wise and the fact that Austin had a head start maybe WWE were wrong about that.[/QUOTE]
Oh okay. I thought it was another Austin DVD that came out of nowhere.
[quote="BoboBrazil, post: 38273794"]Agreed. He's way better than Taz. WWE should pick him up as a commentator, although I know it will never happen. His enthusiasm for the product was awesome.[/QUOTE]
Seriously. You can tell that the guy really loved the product and the roster. He did his best to really sell it home that TNA had the better talent and put over everyone as best he could. I was really disappointed when they took him off for Taz.

Are you guys ready for a special Memorial Day edition of Raw? With Lilian singing the national anthem! With a special tribute video to the troops! With John Cena giving shoutouts to the troops! With WWE showing a video of themselves paying tribute to the troops over the years, including that fearless night after 9/11 where they put the show on the air to provide entertainment to millions in their time of grieving for our nation!

Are you guys ready for a special Memorial Day edition of Raw? With Lilian singing the national anthem! With a special tribute video to the troops! With John Cena giving shoutouts to the troops! With WWE showing a video of themselves paying tribute to the troops over the years, including that fearless night after 9/11 where they put the show on the air to provide entertainment to millions in their time of grieving for our nation!

As if my Raw hype couldn't get any lower...

Hey, if you don't like our country you can GEEEEEEEET OUUUUUUUUT.

As if my Raw hype couldn't get any lower...
Can it, English.

Top Bottom