• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Kaladin

That promo made no sense on multiple levels. You can't even trust what Cena says since he isn't even going away after he said he was going to.

That's the worst part of it. Cena's push continues as he's up against the biggest heel WWE could throw at him now. They're trying everything including throwing the book out the window to get Cena over with the crowd. Fuck that.

UberTag

good god..Layla is going to have a long run.
Kharma is not pleased by this news.

kharma_1_full.png

But who really knows what the hell is going on there?

I'm glad someone called out Cena on the no sell bullshit. Brock sold the hell out of the chain shot last night. Stumbled all over the place and literally crawled halfway to the back. He looked like he got hit with a truck. If I was Brock I would be pissed off too. If the plan really was for Cena to sell like that and he didnt that is basically taking a shit on all of the traditions of professional wrestling. I think it is funny that people say Brock is all about the money, but IF this true(sounds like a possible work) then Cena is a joke and a disgrace. Of course Vince wont actually do anything about it so it dosent matter, Cena is the golden goose and Vince wont mess with that. I hope its not true because if so thats really fucked up.

Still what's the point of Lesnar losing last night? He should have held them up for more money or refused to job. Fuck Vince and WWE.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Kharma is not pleased by this news.

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/superstar_profile/public/talent/profile/2012/02/kharma_1_full.png[IMG]

But who really knows what the hell is going on there?[/QUOTE]

she blames Layla for her miscarriage!

I'm glad someone called out Cena on the no sell bullshit. Brock sold the hell out of the chain shot last night. Stumbled all over the place and literally crawled halfway to the back. He looked like he got hit with a truck. If I was Brock I would be pissed off too. If the plan really was for Cena to sell like that and he didnt that is basically taking a shit on all of the traditions of professional wrestling. I think it is funny that people say Brock is all about the money, but IF this true(sounds like a possible work) then Cena is a joke and a disgrace. Of course Vince wont actually do anything about it so it dosent matter, Cena is the golden goose and Vince wont mess with that. I hope its not true because if so thats really fucked up.

It's true. How many times has Cena made smart shootish comments to fuck over his opponents and he never jobs or sells anything. Remember Rock trying to cut a serious promo and Cena just standing there like a dumbass smiling? Remember him outing Del Rio's gimmick? Remember him trying to leech heat from other faces that are getting over? Remember him burying everyone in the feuds he's been in? He's like a modern era Kevin Nash without ever being in something as cool as the nWo.

I took Cena saying he may get in trouble and be disciplined solely as him wanting to do his Cena thing of respecting the fans on mic when he's not supposed to according to how WWE does things. I honestly doubt this is actually supposed to lead to him being off air. It's just like when he pointed out the "YES" chants for Daniel.

Same as I mentioned there last night, Cena was just respecting the hell out of the crowd. Nothing more. He was never going to leave. He was just putting over how he was going against protocol and the suits to respect the crowd.

I really hope that the PWInsider rumor isn't true. :( If so, Bork has every right to be livid. And Cena's comments Sunday night now both make sense and were COMPLETELY FUCKING UNNECESSARY.

Cagey

Banned
It's true. How many times has Cena made smart shootish comments to fuck over his opponents and he never jobs or sells anything. Remember Rock trying to cut a serious promo and Cena just standing there like a dumbass smiling? Remember him outing Del Rio's gimmick? Remember him trying to leech heat from other faces that are getting over? Remember him burying everyone in the feuds he's been in? He's like a modern era Kevin Nash without ever being in something as cool as the nWo.

In light of the news about Lesnar's meltdown at Cena's ridiculous speech...

List of Things Cena Won't Sell
- Offensive movesets
- Pain
- Injuries
- Hate
- Hats
- Concrete
- Water bottles (they hurt like a MFer, you ass)
- Bork Laser
- Feuds
- Storylines
- Fourth walls (as he mows right through them... in the bad way)
- Pro wrestling
- Being fired
- Being drafted to Smackdown
- Copies of his movies

List of Things Cena Sells
- DAT MERCH

By the way, HHH is ok guys! A move that can't take out Cena surely can't take out the King of Kings. Update from wwe.com

"According to WWE doctor Dr. Chris Amann, Triple H’s arm was placed in a hold that created a tremendous amount of torque on his upper arm and elbow. “He has a non-displaced fracture of distal humorous,” said Amann. “Fortunately, this is not something that needs surgery with pins and screws. We’ll be treating him with a sling for comfort and following with him in the next few days.”"

By the way, HHH is ok guys! A move that can't take out Cena surely can't take out the King of Kings. Update from wwe.com

"According to WWE doctor Dr. Chris Amann, Triple H’s arm was placed in a hold that created a tremendous amount of torque on his upper arm and elbow. “He has a non-displaced fracture of distal humorous,” said Amann. “Fortunately, this is not something that needs surgery with pins and screws. We’ll be treating him with a sling for comfort and following with him in the next few days.”"

but the snap heard 'round the arena =(

UberTag

The REAL twist to this angle is that Cena is really all about the fame and Brock respects the pure traditions of wrestling AND agreed to put their golden son over. Except Cena drapes himself in his charity work and "crowd respect" schtick like a shield. You're not ever allowed to criticize Cena The Man because he makes the wishes of Little Jimmies come true. And he doesn't have to put anyone over clean outside of returning celebrities like Dwayne.

Granted, I'm sure those Little Jimmies would happily have other Make-A-Wish heroes if someone other than Cena was allowed the chance to get over as both a hero for the young (that's not CM Punk) and given convincing wins in meaningful programs along with Cena's heroic edit (i.e. not a joke character like Santino). Only Super Rey has been given that treatment outside of Cena for seemingly the past decade. John is VERY protective of his demographic.

Kaladin

See guys, MMA submissions aren't real after all. It's fake too.

Same as I mentioned there last night, Cena was just respecting the hell out of the crowd. Nothing more. He was never going to leave. He was just putting over how he was going against protocol and the suits to respect the crowd.

if he wanted to address the crowd he would have done it when the PPV was over.

Just like Heel Rock did it back in the day.

He is the worst and RAW will be getting 2.0's before they know it.

But it's okay because people here think it made sense for Brock to lose after all only Cena should be invincible.

Hey, we don't know what they have planned! You don't know! Stop being so cynical and pre-emptively untrusting. The internet these days!

if he wanted to address the crowd he would have done it when the PPV was over.

Just like Heel Rock did it back in the day.

He is the worst and RAW will be getting 2.0's before they know it.

I took it as him wanting to show how he respects the crowd infront of the viewing audience for whatever Cena reason. Or he really is that dumb and Bork should break him. Either way, Bork should break him.

The same kind of "look at what I'm doing" smirky smirk he loves to do

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
But it's okay because people here think it made sense for Brock to lose because after all only Cena should be invincible.

I thought it made sense if only as a gesture for Brock to get over again with the guys in the back.

But if any of what PWI says is true, Brock has every right to be upset. And if I were him I might just say "fuck you vince" and take my $5 million and run.

Cena really has become Hulk Hogan. Wont put anyone over, no sells everybody, and is a selfish fuck. The little Jimmy's superhero is actually a giant bag of dicks. I just dont get Vince's train of thought. Cena is big for this era but dosent hold a candle in terms of drawing power of guys like Hogan, Rock and Austin. Austin wouldnt put over Brock and they sent him home, Cena wont put over Brock and he gets another main event! I like to bitch about booking, but in the end its all subjective. Situations like this are not subjective, if Cena really did that he is nothing but a giant piece of shit. Guarantee you Cena wouldnt be pulling this shit if Undertaker was still full time and the leader of the lockerroom. Undertaker dosent even like Brock but would do business the right way, because he actually has fucking character. Fuck you Cena!

Toki767

Hey, we don't know what they have planned! You don't know! Stop being so cynical and pre-emptively untrusting. The internet these days!

I bet people here could mention at least 20 times in the past 5 years when someone tried to be optimistic about something WWE did and were proven wrong. We might not know what they have planned, but let's face it. WWE doesn't know either.

GaimeGuy

Also, it seems that what most of us thought on Sunday was wrong.

We thought cena WAS going to take some time off.

So now we know:

#1: Brock was all business, selling the chain hit like Bob Backlund selling Diesel's jackknife powerbomb, crawling all the way to back.

#2: Cena's not actually hurt or taking any time off. Might be willing to forgive the speech if it turned out Cena was going to take time off to sell the injuries he received from brock, but nope, seems that isn't the case. Instead brock's the one on the shelf.

It's like they pulled the rug out from under him on the entire finish, and his professionalism just makes him look like the weaker guy in hindsight.

This isn't even a case of paranoia about a guy going out like what happened with the Montreal Screwjob, this is just straight up shitting on a guy in his return match.

Cena really has become Hulk Hogan. Wont put anyone over, no sells everybody, and is a selfish fuck. The little Jimmy's superhero is actually a giant bag of dicks. I just dont get Vince's train of thought. Cena is big for this era but dosent hold a candle in terms of drawing power of guys like Hogan, Rock and Austin. Austin wouldnt put over Brock and they sent him home, Cena wont put over Brock and he gets another main event! I like to bitch about booking, but in the end its all subjective. Situations like this are not subjective, if Cena really did that he is nothing but a giant piece of shit. Guarantee you Cena wouldnt be pulling this shit if Undertaker was still full time and the leader of the lockerroom. Undertaker dosent even like Brock but would do business the right way, because he actually has fucking character. Fuck you Cena!

That's an interesting point. With Undertaker and Bradshaw gone, I wonder who the leader of the lockerrom is. If it's Cena and he pulled this shit.....WOW

Anth0ny

Agreed. If this is true, Cena is a fucking scumbag, period.

When do they try something different? When the ratings are in the low 2s? When the merchandise sales dip even further? When the PPV buyrates are even lower than they are now?

UberTag

I bet people here could mention at least 20 times in the past 5 years when someone tried to be optimistic about something WWE did and were proven wrong. We might not know what they have planned, but let's face it. WWE doesn't know either.
Truth be told, even if we did know what they had planned Vince would change his mind and do something completely different just to say "screw you for thinking you know what I'm doing".

We do know what you're doing, Vince. You're killing your product. You're being a douche. You're a controlling freak who thinks he's a genius even when you're doing the exact opposite of what made you famous. And clearly based on your stockholders meeting last week, you're in COMPLETE denial about the downward trends in ratings, PPV buys, merchandise sales and paid attendance (outside of WrestleMania).

Agreed. If this is true, Cena is a fucking scumbag, period.
When do they try something different? When the ratings are in the low 2s? When the merchandise sales dip even further? When the PPV buyrates are even lower than they are now?
According to Vince in last week's call, all of those things are UP. When clearly anyone with half a brain that takes the time to look can clearly see that all of those trends are down.
He's blatantly lied to his shareholders and thinks they won't know any better.

In other words, he's treating them like wrestling fans. They will believe what he tells them to believe.

ghostmind

This. All of this.

Cena's recent victims who never recovered:

Wade Barrett (specifically, and the entire Nexus group/angle as a whole)

Zack Ryder probably wishes he never got close to Cena.

Alberto del Rio was never the same.

He tried to sabotage the Rock and the whole buildup to Mania. Luckily the Rock was able to stay the course.

And now Brock.

He's trying this shit with Daniel Bryan lately... D-Bry would be wise to stay the fuck away from Cena.

My opinion is that Cena has let the fame go to his head over the last few years and he's such an egomaniac that he truly no longer gives a fuck. The sad thing is that Vince lets him get away with it in the name of merch.

If I were Brock, I probably would have broken his arm for real, the little prick.

WWE gets free easy money angles thrown in their lap every year and they fuck it up time and time again. It's not going to change. It happens atleast once a year. Rock and Brock are bandaids on a gunshot wound. By the end of the year WWE will be doing 2.5-2.7s in the ratings. Their main problems have not been fixed.

WWE gets free easy money angles thrown in their lap every year and they fuck it up time and time again. It's not going to change. It happens atleast once a year. Rock and Brock are bandaids on a gunshot wound. By the end of the year WWE will be doing 2.5-2.7s in the ratings. Their main problems have not been fixed.

The sad fact is the next PPV will do complete shit buys and Cena will continue to get NONE of the blame

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

Worse. Hogan put over Brock.

shaowebb

I just need to know something. Am I the only person here who prefers Dragon Gate? I go online and find matches from them and I never see anyone or anything japanese brought up in these threads. I mean those guys celebrated Daniel Bryan instead of making him into a joke at all cost. Its not just Dragon Gate, but Chikara and a few other places in the indies too. Ricochet, Pac, CIMA, Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk, Carter Gray, Mike Quackenbush, and a ton of other guys all exist that out wrestle everything I see on television and their matches are far less repetitive than what we see from WWE, TNA, and ROH. Why aren't these things ever mentioned?

I just don't get it. Is it that there is nothing else but WWE, TNA and ROH these days on tv? I mean this era doesn't have to rely on television to get its wrestling anymore so why no talk of things in other countries or heavy indie talent talk?

Im not saying you don't have to like what I dont like, but I'd really like to know if this is a case of folks really don't know these feds or whether its a case of people prefer the product on television to the performances in these feds that I mention.

FyreWulff

Did Cena do it, or did Vince book him to do it? Because if they were going to come out with a stretcher, they would have done it a lot sooner and he wouldn't have been able to cut the promo. If Chicago wanted Cena to leave in a stretcher, of course Vince is going to mock them by having Cena do that.

Also, probably already started getting ticket cancellations for future shows because the jimmies heard Cena was taking time off, and they aborted him leaving. Again.

GaimeGuy

If I were Brock, I probably would have broken his arm for real, the little prick.
Assuming what PWI said is true, that's probably why they didn't have a brock/cena segment tonight. Brock would have no qualms legit KOing cean or legit breaking his arm after what happened last night. Here's a guy who broke holly's neck after holly acted like a dick and continuously no-sold and deadweighted him.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I just need to know something. Am I the only person here who prefers Dragon Gate? I go online and find matches from them and I never see anyone or anything japanese brought up in these threads. I mean those guys celebrated Daniel Bryan instead of making him into a joke at all cost. Its not just Dragon Gate, but Chikara and a few other places in the indies too. Ricochet, Pac, CIMA, Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk, Carter Gray, Mike Quackenbush, and a ton of other guys all exist that out wrestle everything I see on television and their matches are far less repetitive than what we see from WWE, TNA, and ROH. Why aren't these things ever mentioned?

I just don't get it. Is it that there is nothing else but WWE, TNA and ROH these days on tv? I mean this era doesn't have to rely on television to get its wrestling anymore so why no talk of things in other countries or heavy indie talent talk?

Im not saying you don't have to like what I dont like, but I'd really like to know if this is a case of folks really don't know these feds or whether its a case of people prefer the product on television to the performances in these feds that I mention.

I mention Japanese wrestling often, so does Bootay. Most people don't want to talk about it because a lot of it's hard to follow.

Also, I'll never forgive Dragon Gate for the animal abuse.

Alot of people watch those here, it's just they only have events every few months. Raw, TNA, and ROH have weekly tv. I stopped watching ROH, but still watch Chikara although I need to catch up on the last few shows.

tm24

We love all sorts of indies here. Its just that for some its not easy to keep up with due to time and cost. There's a very vocal userbase for not only DGUSA, but Evolve, Chikara and PWG. Its just that the time in between events makes it so you might mess the talk about them. Hell, we've had synced viewing sessions for the last 3 chikara events/

Also, I'll never forgive Dragon Gate for the animal abuse.
Holy shit, i totally forgot about that. That one month period where people respected IWAMS and CZW more than DG was really weird

UberTag

Assuming what PWI said is true, that's probably why they didn't have a brock/cena segment tonight. Brock would have no qualms legit KOing cean or legit breaking his arm after what happened last night. Here's a guy who broke holly's neck after holly acted like a dick and continuously no-sold and deadweighted him.
For people who haven't seen it... this is pretty brutal.

New contest for the night; Giant fuckups the WWE has made in the last year. I'll start, feel free to add to the list.................Christian's one week title run after a feel good win and subsequent heel turn which no one really wanted. Punk's company walkout lasting 2 whole weeks, Making Alberto irrelevant, Neutering Zac Ryder, 18 second WHC match, Booking Kevin Nash when he wasnt medically cleared, Rey Mysterio being WWE champion for 30 minutes, Allowing Cena to fucking no sell and bury the Rock, Re building Mark Henry only to flush him down the toilet, Kane-Cena and Kane-Orton feuds, CM Drunk storyline, 3 stooges, The career of the Miz, Micheal Cole vs Lawler on three different PPV's, Not letting CM Punk be CM Punk, No resolution whatsoever to the anonymous Raw GM, not putting Macho Man in the HOF in his home state, Brock Lesnar. Feel free to add to the list!

Kaladin

There are a few of us here who enjoy indie wrestling, but not near enough. We're trying to get more people to watch but they just don't.

UberTag

New contest for the night; Giant fuckups the WWE has made in the last year. I'll start, feel free to add to the list.................Christian's one week title run after a feel good win and subsequent heel turn which no one really wanted. Punk's company walkout lasting 2 whole weeks, Making Alberto irrelevant, Neutering Zac Ryder, 18 second WHC match, Booking Kevin Nash when he wasnt medically cleared, Rey Mysterio being WWE champion for 30 minutes, Allowing Cena to fucking no sell and bury the Rock, Re building Mark Henry only to flush him down the toilet, Kane-Cena and Kane-Orton feuds, CM Drunk storyline, 3 stooges, The career of the Miz, Micheal Cole vs Lawler on three different PPV's, Not letting CM Punk be CM Punk, No resolution whatsoever to the anonymous Raw GM, not putting Macho Man in the HOF in his home state, Brock Lesnar. Feel free to add to the list!
Don't forget Big Show costing Barrett his MITB win at Mania due to botching. And the burial of Dolph Ziggler. And all midcard titles. And delaying Kharma's return to bore us with diva rollup central. And Cole ripping on Jerry Lawler's dead mother to get heat.

Top Bottom