• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

shaowebb

I mention Japanese wrestling often, so does Bootay. Most people don't want to talk about it because a lot of it's hard to follow.

Also, I'll never forgive Dragon Gate for the animal abuse.

Nice to know some folks here know about the stuff in Japan. Sad to here about animal abuse. I'm a big animal lover and I don't really know what you're talking about. Care to elaborate?

There are a few of us here who enjoy indie wrestling, but not near enough. We're trying to get more people to watch but they just don't.

I say we link em to matches then.
For those curious heres matches to watch that I linked to in another thread to understand my love of Dragon Gate's roster. I'd guess that their roster likely has the most solid list of top performers in the industry today. If its top tier its likely someone working for them or someone they are after. Now if they'd hire Yoshitsune to pit against Dragon Kid it'd be perfect.

Cima & Dragon Kid & Ricochet vs PAC & Susumu Yokosuka & BxB Hulk

Naruki Doi vs Masato Yoshino highlights
Bonus: Pac vs Ricochet
We love all sorts of indies here. Its just that for some its not easy to keep up with due to time and cost. There's a very vocal userbase for not only DGUSA, but Evolve, Chikara and PWG. Its just that the time in between events makes it so you might mess the talk about them. Hell, we've had synced viewing sessions for the last 3 chikara events/

Awesome. Chikara is really amazing and even though they lean toward comedy their a group of talented guys who can pretty much make you enjoy anything because when they stop messing around those guys all know how to put on a nice quality fast paced and technical wrestling match. Fear the sprinkles.
Alot of people watch those here, it's just they only have events every few months. Raw, TNA, and ROH have weekly tv. I stopped watching ROH, but still watch Chikara although I need to catch up on the last few shows.

I figured the timeframe was a factor. Still posting matches of guys booked to wrestle soon or just to keep folks aware might be cool.

:lol @ the Brock/Cena news

I just don't understand anything anymore. Why did Brock lose? Why did Cena win? Why did Cena speech? Why is Cena still here? Why did Random Black Team beat Random Latino team for Random Tag Belts? Why is Ace fight at PPV? Why does Bella fired? Where is the fallout from Fella beating Dragon Boy? Why is dinosaur still on TV? How does The Miz go from prelims to possible #1 Contender Match in one night? Why is Jerry Lawler in a Beat The Clock challenge for the WWE Title? Why is Kane? Why is Khali? Why is Mr. H's?

WHY IS WWE?

I just need to know something. Am I the only person here who prefers Dragon Gate? I go online and find matches from them and I never see anyone or anything japanese brought up in these threads. I mean those guys celebrated Daniel Bryan instead of making him into a joke at all cost. Its not just Dragon Gate, but Chikara and a few other places in the indies too. Ricochet, Pac, CIMA, Masato Yoshino, BxB Hulk, Carter Gray, Mike Quackenbush, and a ton of other guys all exist that out wrestle everything I see on television and their matches are far less repetitive than what we see from WWE, TNA, and ROH. Why aren't these things ever mentioned?

I just don't get it. Is it that there is nothing else but WWE, TNA and ROH these days on tv? I mean this era doesn't have to rely on television to get its wrestling anymore so why no talk of things in other countries or heavy indie talent talk?

Im not saying you don't have to like what I dont like, but I'd really like to know if this is a case of folks really don't know these feds or whether its a case of people prefer the product on television to the performances in these feds that I mention.

There are more than a few of us who watch tons of different wrestling, but it's harder for people to follow. That + a lot are really in it for the spectacle, and anything sub WWE production values turns them off. Maybe language barrier too when it comes to Japanese stuff, but all I know is animu Japanese words, and still love it for the different atmosphere alone.

New contest for the night; Giant fuckups the WWE has made in the last year. I'll start, feel free to add to the list.................Christian's one week title run after a feel good win and subsequent heel turn which no one really wanted. Punk's company walkout lasting 2 whole weeks, Making Alberto irrelevant, Neutering Zac Ryder, 18 second WHC match, Booking Kevin Nash when he wasnt medically cleared, Rey Mysterio being WWE champion for 30 minutes, Allowing Cena to fucking no sell and bury the Rock, Re building Mark Henry only to flush him down the toilet, Kane-Cena and Kane-Orton feuds, CM Drunk storyline, 3 stooges, The career of the Miz, Micheal Cole vs Lawler on three different PPV's, Not letting CM Punk be CM Punk, No resolution whatsoever to the anonymous Raw GM, not putting Macho Man in the HOF in his home state, Brock Lesnar. Feel free to add to the list!

That was the best thing to happen to Bryan's career. Just like getting fired after the Nexus invasion, he has come back stronger than before.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Aw shit, Bad Boys 3
aruszaoceaacrlwcilu0.jpg

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Nice to know some folks here know about the stuff in Japan. Sad to here about animal abuse. I'm a big animal lover and I don't really know what you're talking about. Care to elaborate?

Also for those curious heres matches to watch that I linked to in another thread to understand my love of Dragon Gate's roster. I'd guess that their roster likely has the most solid list of top performers in the industry today. If its top tier its likely someone working for them or someone they are after. Now if they'd hire Yoshitsune to pit against Dragon Kid it'd be perfect.

Cima & Dragon Kid & Ricochet vs PAC & Susumu Yokosuka & BxB Hulk

Naruki Doi vs Masato Yoshino highlights
Bonus: Pac vs Ricochet
I made one of the first Doi & Yoshino tributes on youtube /funfact

http://board.deathvalleydriver.com/index.php?showtopic=48768

Worse. Hogan put over Brock.
Absolutely. He not only put him over he put him over strong. Brock destroyed Hogan in that match. Hogan also tapped to Angle and put over Triple H on Smackdown. Rock put people over, Hogan did late in his career, Taker puts people over, and when he came back so did Shawn. Its absolute bullshit what Cena does to people. He has, in his passive aggressive manner, buried a majority of the guys he has had programs with.

Toki767

I would've really appreciated the hypocrisy of Cena taking that vacation and filming the Marine 3 after burying the Rock for making more movies. That would've made a good story at least.

Kccitystar

Absolutely. He not only put him over he put him over strong. Brock destroyed Hogan in that match. Hogan also tapped to Angle and put over Triple H on Smackdown. Rock put people over, Hogan did late in his career, Taker puts people over, and when he came back so did Shawn. Its absolute bullshit what Cena does to people. He has, in his passive aggressive manner, buried a majority of the guys he has had programs with.

I've said it for as long as I've been a member of Wrassle-GAF that Cena's booking is completely detrimental to the entire WWE product as a whole ever since they tabbed him as "the guy".

Since errbody and their mamas probably missed it in the shuffle of WWE gahbage:

New Japan goodness, featuring a number of awesome tag matches - namely, IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion Prince Devitt, his tag team partner Ryusuke Taguchi, the legendary Jushin 'Thunder' Liger and Tiger Mask IV take on no. 1 contender for the Jr. Heavyweight Title, Low Ki, the Complete Players Jado & Gedo and one half of the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Champions, Rocky Romero. Then, in the main event, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Tetsuya Naito & Karl Anderson take on the team of Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi;

NJPW, "NEW JAPAN BRAVE 2012", 21.04.2012
Osaka Prefectural Gymnasium #2
1,610 Fans - Super No Vacancy Full House

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x21oo5

01. Tama Tonga vs Hiromu Takahashi

02. Strong Man & Captain New Japan vs Tomohiro Ishii & YOSHI-HASHI

03. Prince Devitt, Ryusuke Taguchi, Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Tiger Mask vs Low Ki, Jado, Gedo & Rocky Romero

04. Togi Makabe, Wataru Inoue & KUSHIDA vs Minoru Suzuki, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi

05. Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs Takashi Iizuka

06. Satoshi Kojima vs Toru Yano

07. Hiroshi Tanahashi, Hirooki Goto, Tetsuya Naito & Karl Anderson vs Kazuchika Okada, Shinsuke Nakamura, Masato Tanaka & Yujiro Takahashi

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
:lol @ the Brock/Cena news

I just don't understand anything anymore. Why did Brock lose? Why did Cena win? Why did Cena speech? Why is Cena still here? Why did Random Black Team beat Random Latino team for Random Tag Belts? Why is Ace fight at PPV? Why does Bella fired? Where is the fallout from Fella beating Dragon Boy? Why is dinosaur still on TV? How does The Miz go from prelims to possible #1 Contender Match in one night? Why is Jerry Lawler in a Beat The Clock challenge for the WWE Title? Why is Kane? Why is Khali? Why is Mr. H's?

WHY IS WWE?
The real joke is that you're watching it.

I just come in and shit on the product cause it's the right thing to do.

Wasn't that so cool of John Cena to be out there smiling tonight, making incredibly funny jokes about Laurinitis's voice and making toilet jokes about his breath? That Cena who just went through a hardfought fight the night before that pushed him to his limits by a monster former ufc champion? That Cena that had to have the ref stop the fight a few times to clean up the blood? This guy is so amazing.

Toki767

After watching the west coast feed of Raw, I'm convinced the main point of the last segment was to get Michael Cole over as a face announcer.

The real joke is that you're watching it.

I just come in and shit on the product cause it's the right thing to do.

Today was a big step for me. I sped through it as quickly as possible nearly 2 hours after the show. Now if only there was a way for me to do this with the PPV's. I'd lower my rage output nearly 75 1/3 %
chance
every month.

shaowebb

There are more than a few of us who watch tons of different wrestling, but it's harder for people to follow. That + a lot are really in it for the spectacle, and anything sub WWE production values turns them off. Maybe language barrier too when it comes to Japanese stuff, but all I know is animu Japanese words, and still love it for the different atmosphere alone.

That is just plain sad that some folks only care about spectacle, intros and bad acting over the wrestling itself. Language I'd understand but I really hope that its not the case that some folks only back things because they have a lot of spectacle behind their intro and a ton of build up behind anything they do.

Also does anyone here know any Lucha stuff? I'm out of the loop since waaaaaaaay back when Jack Evans got a belt. Big fan of Aerostar BTW. Also my favorites in japan are Masato Yoshino and Yoshitsune.

Yoshitsune is actually a guy who has wrestled under a tonof masked gimmicks. But who I really fell for in their last iteration as Yoshitsune who even got a clean win over Jushin Liger.

Also if you don't know Ebetaro or Kuishinbo Kamen you don't know comedy. Mick Foley is a huge Ebesan fan apparently and the crazy thing is both of these guys are actually superb wrestlers outside of being insanely entertaining performers. Both have rocked corscrew moonsaults as finishers before and solidly shoot wrestled with guys like Cima and Dragon Kid!

UberTag

Dave Meltzer's cryptic response to PWInsider's report on Brock's tantrum following Cena's no-sell over on the F4W Forums...

Meltzer-May1st-2.png

Today was a big step for me. I sped through it as quickly as possible nearly 2 hours after the show. Now if only there was a way for me to do this with the PPV's. I'd lower my rage output nearly 75 1/3 %
chance
every month.

I did this for a little while a couple of months ago. It's just not as fun when you aren't watching it live on here, but I do end up being more positive about the shows when they are over since I skip all the shit I don't care about and commercial breaks.

chance
every month.

I did the same thing. I watched the Kings/Blues playoff game and only switched during commercials. I then skimmed through the show in about 35 minutes on my DVR when the game was over

I did this for a little while a couple of months ago. It's just not as fun when you aren't watching it live on here, but I do end up being more positive about the shows when they are over since I skip all the shit I don't care about and commercial breaks.

I had Mad Men, Game of Thrones, The Killing, The Borgias, and all of Fox's animation on DVR to watch. I didn't miss Raw one bit. I missed this thread, but sacrifices must be made before I rampage up and down my block.

That's the secret. Don't watch your Sunday shows, then speed through Raw at 1:30 AM. It. Was. Great.

I did the same thing. I watched the Kings/Blues playoff game and only switched during commercials. I then skimmed through the show in about 35 minutes on my DVR when the game was over

See, he gets it. *bro fist*

So I doubt we ever get a Lesnar-Cena return match. Lesnar is an NCAA Amateur champion and a UFC veteran. In all seriousness if Lesnar and Cena ever got into a shootfight in the locker room Lesnar could probably cripple him. Vince knows better than to put Cena in there with Lesnar again. Bret Hart talked one time about guys with attitude problems, if they acted up and wouldnt do business Strongbow would put them with Andre on a house show and after the match they would no longer be a problem. WWE needs some legit tough guys to keep the order it sounds like. I guarantee you Cena wouldnt do something like this to Angle or Scott Steiner. They really need to start pushing some guys who are hungry for success, those guys(at least for a while) will be grateful and easier to work with. Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, Del Rio and even Swagger are all talented enough to put on really good matches.

I love what I am reading from you guys. Pure BS by the WWE. Cena is and always has Benny a scumbag in The ring. I am so dissapointed in the last 36 hours.

shaowebb

Read those just now and yeah thats trashy. However, it seems none of the guys I mentioned were implicated in having anything to do with it and none of those who were really hold a candle to the mainstays anyhow. Never really supported any of those guys msyelf. Bunch of second tier guys trying to feel big is what it looks like so yeah toss the sadistic monsters out is my opinion and don't book them again. Not like there a big loss. Animal cruelty is just plain wrong.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
I had Mad Men, Game of Thrones, The Killing, The Borgias, and all of Fox's animation on DVR to watch. I didn't miss Raw one bit. I missed this thread, but sacrifices must be made before I rampage up and down my block.

That's the secret. Don't watch your Sunday shows, then speed through Raw at 1:30 AM. It. was. great.
Speaking of the latest ep was great.

So I doubt we ever get a Lesnar-Cena return match. Lesnar is an NCAA Amateur champion and a UFC veteran. In all seriousness if Lesnar and Cena ever got into a shootfight in the locker room Lesnar could probably cripple him. Vince knows better than to put Cena in there with Lesnar again. Bret Hart talked one time about guys with attitude problems, if they acted up and wouldnt do business Strongbow would put them with Andre on a house show and after the match they would no longer be a problem. WWE needs some legit tough guys to keep the order it sounds like. I guarantee you Cena wouldnt do something like this to Angle or Scott Steiner. They really need to start pushing some guys who are hungry for success, those guys(at least for a while) will be grateful and easier to work with. Punk, Bryan, Ziggler, Del Rio and even Swagger are all talented enough to put on really good matches.

I already like this guy.

UberTag

What the fuck does that mean? Meltzer better come clean
Speculation in the thread is that Brock DID in fact tear apart his dressing room and throw a fit after the pay-per-view but it was all staged to work the folks in the back under the false pretense that he was upset about Cena no-selling the match when he cut that promo.

In reality, Brock was in on the whole swerve and was directed to tear up the place by Vince and Paul while letting everyone else think he was legit pissed off.

Toki767

It's not about putting on good matches. It's about selling merchandise
and looking like a bodybuilder

eldoon

Cena is a new gimmick curt henning but he does his amazing sporting feats in the wrestling ring.
Soon lanny poffo will pop out of no where and be like
Surviving a MMA fight against brock lesnar - Hulk hogan you cant do that.
Getting hit by the miz with every weapon under the sun and still not quitting- hulk hogan you cant do that.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TAJfl7D8gTE

Just got to give lord tensi huge props for killing cena in the ring.
Right now tesni is the strongest fighter in the wwe .

Speculation in the thread is that Brock DID in fact tear apart his dressing room and throw a fit after the pay-per-view but it was all staged to work the folks in the back under the false pretense that he was upset about Cena no-selling the match when he cut that promo.

In reality, Brock was in on the whole swerve and was directed to tear up the place by Vince and Paul while letting everyone else think he was legit pissed off.

What exactly is the point of that?

Speaking of the latest ep was great.

Yeah but there aren't enough nonsensical swerves to trick the demographic they say doesn't even matter in first place. How I'm 'posed to enjoy the show without no swerves, Ply? What about nonsensical wrap ups to storylines, huh? Tell me, how I'm 'posed to enjoy it? They don't even insult their audience, man.

Eff that show, it doesn't even air for 42 weeks of the year.

What the fuck does that mean? Meltzer better come clean
Pillman had a loose cannon gimmick in WCW and management allowed the boys to believe it was totally legit. Vince wants the roster to think Brock really will kick their ass if he feels slighted. The truth part is Cena and Brock hate each other, PWTorch had a story when Brock came back that claimed Brock hated working with Cena in his prior run because Cena was extremely arrogant, and, get this, refused to expand his wrestling knowledge and skillsets. Cena liked where he was and didnt think he needed to get better. It got to the point where Brock didnt want to work with him. Which makes it more amazing that Brock was willing to job his first night back, to a guy he had problems with, and Cena still fucked him over.

The most awesome thing about the worked Pillman WCW shoot is he actually convinced them to legit fire him with signed paperwork and everything saying it was part of the angle and then signing with WWE.

Top Bottom