• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Yeah There was beef between Brock and John back in the day.

If there is still heat between the two now they really should build summerslam around a rematch.

Maybe Brock will be a better speaker if he is shooting and telling the truth and not bring scripted.

Would work if they can make sure Brock won't snap cena in two

Isn't it funny how Hulk Hogan's masterplan for TNA is John Laurinaitis' keyfabe "People Power" gimmick that's meant to draw heat?

You haven't heard? Hogan's new idea to revolutionize the wrestling world and TNA is to have fans follow around the wrestlers TMZ style trying to grab footage of them in their daily lives. YES THEY ARE ENCOURAGING STALKING.

I didn't even watch Raw tonight, and I don't plan on watching any part after reading the results. And it feels good not giving a shit.

I should've done this a while ago.

shaowebb

I guess I may as well bring this old bunch of guys up since I'm talking japan. I mentioned talented wrestlers in a league with a penchant for comedy when I mentioned Chikara and dudes like Kuishinbo Kamen and Ebetaro (aka Kikutaro, Ebesan,etc).

Anyone here a fan of Puroresu or Toryumon?
I was always a big fan and they had a lot of solid wrestling. I really loved The FLorida Brothers for their shenanigans as a pair of japanese dudes trying to make the most "America!" tag team comedy gimmick they could. They dyed their hair blonde, wore our flag as tights and cheated constantly. So many in ring shenanigans. I'm particularly fond of the old "punch the chair and toss it to opponent and sell to the ref for the DQ victory" they did several times. The dude would sell like he was dying from the worlds sickest chair shot as the shocked opponent begged the ref while holding the chair evidence. As soon as the bell would ring and their victory music would play after the DQ the Florida Brothers would stop selling and complaining to the ref and deadpan stand upright and put their hands over their hearts while the American anthem played. Beautiful.

They also had this big dude on their team who was all muscle and no brain. He didn't understand wrestling and it was his gimmick and his big slow muscular character was such a rib at American wrestling shows that it was hilarious as he'd bumble around failing to even sell properly. At times a Florida brother would walk up to him in an arm wringer and notify him that this is the part where he sells the move. He'd look confused and they'd "restart" the spot and he'd get it right...then he'd dumbly smile and walk to applaud with the crowd for doing good and not notice he was dragging his poor opponent for the trip who was still holding his wrist uselessly in the arm wringer. Guy was hilarious. Loved him getting ran in on, beaten on and just looking like a bullied kid at the run in guy until the dude would guiltily stop attacking and sheepishly exit the ring having done no real damage to the big dumb guy.

So many DQ victory setups. So American. LOL.

Lunchbox

Banned
Aw shit, Bad Boys 3
aruszaoceaacrlwcilu0.jpg

damn, mike bay is tall

shaowebb

Oh God I found a Florida Brothers match. Not only that but they are taking on the big guy from their group. Its apparently the match that lead to his becoming an honorary Florida Brother and it is hilarious to watch these guys trick this big dumb guy (Kensuke Sasaki) in the ring and then get tricked by him in turn.
The jockying to see who can outfake a DQ to the ref to steal a victory is awesome. Everyone is trying to convince the ref they got hit by a chair and the shenanigans are great.
Hilarious match

I can't hate on RAW too much, we're getting CM Punk vs Daniel Bryan for the WWE title :)

Also if you don't know Ebetaro or Kuishinbo Kamen you don't know comedy. Mick Foley is a huge Ebesan fan apparently and the crazy thing is both of these guys are actually superb wrestlers outside of being insanely entertaining performers. Both have rocked corscrew moonsaults as finishers before and solidly shoot wrestled with guys like Cima and Dragon Kid!

I'm a huge mark for both guys, especially Kuishinbo - Ebessan goes as Kikutaro now, as Osaka Pro own the Ebessan gimmick (currently the 3rd itteration of Ebessan is wrestling for them), but Kikutaro still wrestles for them occasionally and it's always great to see yet another match in the long-standing Kamen/Kikutaro feud.

As amazing as both guys are wrestling each other, I absolutely love it when 'serious' wrestlers get caught up in their comedy nonsense - like Samoa Joe in that classic ROH 4-way scramble, Joe vs Ebetaro vs Delirious vs Evans, or this classic match where Kamen & Ebessan team up to take on Jushin 'Thunder' Liger & Super Delfin;

http://www.veoh.com/watch/v3305275XdQPMFr7

Im not saying you don't have to like what I dont like, but I'd really like to know if this is a case of folks really don't know these feds or whether its a case of people prefer the product on television to the performances in these feds that I mention.

I think the biggest issue is that to follow an indie fed, to follow a puroresu promotion, you're going to have to spend some money at some point - then there's the language barrier with puroresu, and the poor production values of many indy promotions, and it's things like that which keep a lot of people away. But also, it's the style of wrestling - while I may appreciate a 25 minute technical wrestling match, someone versed only in the WWE style may not. Things like lucha & super jr. influenced multi-man sprints, strong style fighting spirit spots, shoot style brutality and no-selling, and numerous near falls, are all pretty alien to what the WWE style often is presented as today.

Oh God I found a Florida Brothers match. Not only that but they are taking on the big guy from their group. Its apparently the match that lead to his becoming an honorary Florida Brother and it is hilarious to watch these guys trick this big dumb guy (Kensuke Sasaki) in the ring and then get tricked by him in turn.
The jockying to see who can outfake a DQ to the ref to steal a victory is awesome. Everyone is trying to convince the ref they got hit by a chair and the shenanigans are great.
Hilarious match

Ah man, the Florida Brothers, that's a blast from the past, lol - thanks for the link, I love Kensuke Sasaki :)

Kensuke.gif

tm24

Bootay, what was the NOAH event where kensuke sasaki/kobashi happened and kenta won his first title? That was my first puro event

Bootay, what was the NOAH event where kensuke sasaki/kobashi happened and kenta won his first title? That was my first puro event

The 5th Anniversary show, 'Destiny' - the whole show is up on youtube;

Pro-Wrestling NOAH - 07/18/05 - Destiny: 5th Anniversary

One of the best puro shows of the last decade, with Kanemaru (c) vs KENTA, Kobashi vs Saasaki & the final ever Misawa vs Kawada match. It's crazy how far NOAH have fallen.

Kaladin

I think the first puro show I saw was a NOAH event also. It was probably one of the times Samoa Joe had a big match over there.....either that or just some random event in 2006 when I became aware of indie and foreign wrasslin.

Zhengi

I really hope that rumor about Brock blowing up in the dressing room is true, if only for the lulz and how incompetent the WWE really is.

I think the first puro show I saw was a NOAH event also. It was probably one of the times Samoa Joe had a big match over there.....either that or just some random event in 2006 when I became aware of indie and foreign wrasslin.

That was about the same time I started getting back into puro again - I checked out NOAH because of all the ROH guys they were using then. I wish I could remember what my first ever puro show was though, probably a VHS of early 90's AJPW TV or mid-90's BJW.

And just for the hell of it, here's that Misawa/Joe match;

Mitsuharu Misawa (c) vs Samoa Joe - (NOAH 10/27/07)

Kaladin

That was about the same time I started getting back into puro again - I checked out NOAH because of all the ROH guys they were using then. I wish I could remember what my first ever puro show was though, probably a VHS of early 90's AJPW TV or mid-90's BJW.

And just for the hell of it, here's that Misawa/Joe match;

Mitsuharu Misawa (c) vs Samoa Joe - (NOAH 10/27/07)

I know I watched that, but I probably caught some NOAH show before that in 06. There is no way I will remember which one.

Hmmm shit got interesting. Brock was to fuck up Cena bad, Sets up an angle with HHH to fight either at SS or WM. Ok i dig that, But now with Cena playing an audible made brock look weak. Fucking up Cena and HHH was a perfect way to leave and come back later in the year.

This is why Brock didn't win, Because he's not going to be here! Get over it folks, seriously.

I wonder what Cenas motive was...His busted lip? Brock being too stiff? I think this is the first time i feel that Cena is a legit asshole. lol

New Pro-Wrestling NOAH show, from Day 7 of the 2012 Global Tag League - featuring, comedy wrestling legend Kikutaro facing Yoshinobu Kanemaru, Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki taking on Ricky Marvin and Zack Sabre Jr and Go Shiozaki looking to get some payback on NO MERCY's silent masked assassin Maybach Taniguchi. Then, in the two Global Tag League matches Diamond Ring's Kensuke Sasaki & Kento Miyahara face off against Colt Cabana and Eddie Edwards, while the main event sees the GHC Heavyweight Champion Takeshi Morishima & GHC Jr Heavyweight champion Katsuhiko Nakajima take on AJPW Triple Crown Champion Jun Akiyama & Akitoshi Saito;

NOAH, "GLOBAL TAG LEAGUE 2012", 22.04.2012
Sapporo Teisen Hall
1,200 Fans - No Vacancy

http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x21pz9

01. Kikutaro vs Yoshinobu Kanemaru

02. Taiji Ishimori vs Genba Hirayanagi

03. Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki vs Ricky Marvin & Zack Sabre Jr.

04. Mohammed Yone & Naomichi Marufuji vs Takuma Sano & Tsuyoshi Kikuchi

05. Go Shiozaki vs Maybach Taniguchi

GLOBAL TAG LEAGUE MATCH;

06. Kensuke Sasaki & Kento Miyahara [5] vs Colt Cabana & Eddie Edwards [2]

GLOBAL TAG LEAGUE MATCH;

07. Takeshi Morishima & Katsuhiko Nakajima [7] vs Jun Akiyama & Akitoshi Saito [6]

Lol, Kikutaro is awesome;

ivroHyERFGb3k.gif

Dead Man

^^ What the hell? Why is that wrestler beating up a baseball mascot?

Okay, finally caught up on RAW, and what the fuck? Stupid internet has ruined everything, I don't know what is real any more. I hate everything.

According to Meltzer on Observer Radio today, the WWE's plan wasn't to build Brock to make the most money with a big match down the road, it was to put over their guys for as long as he's there (thinking he may quit at any time). It's all about building their product and while Brock might bring in more money in the short term, their product is John Cena, not Brock Lesnar.

He says the whole Brock being pissed because of Cena's promo thing is just a "bizarre situation". Brock was yelling at John Laurinitis's assistant backstage and throwing a fit. Some stuff that he was saying was thought to be truthful and extremely overboard (outing dirty laundry perhaps?), and some was a work, based around the WWE trying to get it out that Brock quit after the show (storyline).

Meltzer compares the situation currently to how things were toward the end of WCW except "WCW was better planned day to day"

He also says that the current plan is that Brock won't be back until August. AUGUST!! But then again, he said that could change in a heartbeat because the plan last night was Cena was going to take a little time off and we see how that ended-up.

All this tells me is the WWE is a bigger fucking circus then I ever thought they were.

Raw was so bare bones that I sped through it in like half an hour, yay for Bryan vs Punk as the next WWE title feud, yay for Kofi and Truth winning meaningless belts and apathy to everything else.
As for this Brock Lesnar news, all I can do is laugh at this point, I don't even feel any contempt at what's happening in this company anymore, we've been in this downward spiral long enough to the point where I feel nothing since i'm used to it, i'm just waiting to see what lies at the bottom.

Striker

New contest for the night; Giant fuckups the WWE has made in the last year. I'll start, feel free to add to the list.................Christian's one week title run after a feel good win and subsequent heel turn which no one really wanted. Punk's company walkout lasting 2 whole weeks, Making Alberto irrelevant, Neutering Zac Ryder, 18 second WHC match, Booking Kevin Nash when he wasnt medically cleared, Rey Mysterio being WWE champion for 30 minutes, Allowing Cena to fucking no sell and bury the Rock, Re building Mark Henry only to flush him down the toilet, Kane-Cena and Kane-Orton feuds, CM Drunk storyline, 3 stooges, The career of the Miz, Micheal Cole vs Lawler on three different PPV's, Not letting CM Punk be CM Punk, No resolution whatsoever to the anonymous Raw GM, not putting Macho Man in the HOF in his home state, Brock Lesnar. Feel free to add to the list!
Hilarious. I was thinking about this yesterday when I had seen Lesnar's loss. It is truly astounding, it really is. It's also why I know for sure they'll screw up a Daniel Bryan-CM Punk feud, if it ever came to fruition. They made CM Punk and Chris Jericho a flop in overall enjoyment. Match-wise they were OK, nothing extraordinary, either.

Hilarious. I was thinking about this yesterday when I had seen Lesnar's loss. It is truly astounding, it really is. It's also why I know for sure they'll screw up a Daniel Bryan-CM Punk feud, if it ever came to fruition. They made CM Punk and Chris Jericho a flop in overall enjoyment. Match-wise they were OK, nothing extraordinary, either.

The feud will be about Punk trying to make Bryan eat meat while Bryan tries to tempt Punk with smoking, that'll make it extra personal on both sides!

Just watched Raw. So yeah, they totally didn't use Brock's loss to any sort of advantage. They just made him look like a fucking baby who gives more of a shit about a private jet than losing. Ugh.

Kyoufu

D Bryan has come a long way since last year.

He and Punk are going to have an incredible match.

edit: also, we should change the thread title to reflect on this awesome match-up.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Is it really that crazy to think that Bryan has a shot at winning this? The title has been on Punk for a long time now, some would say too long. And while Bryan doesn't seem like someone Vince would consider "face of the company" material...what else do they have for Punk to do? Jericho seems to be out of the hunt, Lesnar is tied up with Mr. H's, Cena's got Johnny Ace and Lord Albertsai, Miz will probably keep chasing Santino, Ziggs is in Superstars hell...I don't know...I think Bryan could conceivably win this.

Kyoufu

Is it really that crazy to think that Bryan has a shot at winning this? The title has been on Punk for a long time now, some would say too long. And while Bryan doesn't seem like someone Vince would consider "face of the company" material...what else do they have for Punk to do? Jericho seems to be out of the hunt, Lesnar is tied up with Mr. H's, Cena's got Johnny Ace and Lord Albertsai, Miz will probably keep chasing Santino, Ziggs is in Superstars hell...I don't know...I think Bryan could conceivably win this.

At Over The Limit? Nope. It's a bottom of the pile PPV where nothing happens. I see Punk holding the title until either Cena, Brock or Rock come into the title picture.

jmdajr

God damn the fun never stops. Well I sure hope Brock/HHH get along better than Cena/Brock. I'd like to see a good match. Heck, I thought Ce/Brock was a great match, I just wasn't aware there was so much drama outside the ring.

So those two hate each other? Does this go all the way back to OVW?

UberTag

It's not that crazy. Vince is insane. He could change his mind a half-dozen times on the finish over the next 3 weeks. Even the WWE has no clue what they'll be booking for that PPV or down the road. The place is fucked.

Let Punk and Bryan enjoy the ride while it lasts I say.

At Over The Limit? Nope. It's a bottom of the pile PPV where nothing happens. I see Punk holding the title until either Cena, Brock or Rock come into the title picture.
That's also a sound point. In the two previous Over the Limit PPVs, no champion has EVER lost a match. Even in a funky way that lets them keep their title.

Top Bottom