• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

somedevil

People have been here since 2006 I believe. I remember following the wrestling thread when DX reformed and HBK teamed up with God.

Most of the people already left in the thread if you go back and see the posters in it. Someone had posted the Mania 2006 thread I believe here a few times recently. That was during the time I stopped watching wrestling for like 8 years so lucky me I guess?

Kaladin

If we need a new topic, it needs to be:

May Wrasslin |OT| DORITO’S LOCOS TACOS AND DIET MOUNTAIN DEW PRESENT THE PAPPY O’DANIEL FLOUR HOUR MONDAY NIGHT RAWSTLING OLD TIMEY VARIETY WORLDWIDE ENTERTAININ’ SUPERSHOW STARRING BROCK LESNAR

Funny that the crowd boo'd Laurenitus more than cheering for Cena.

That's not funny, it's awesome. Stupid fucking smarks need to learn to put other people over rather than futilely trying to put Cena down. When for instance you're watching Cena vs Dolph Ziggler duelling "Let's go Cena" "Cena Sucks" chants is sending the message that Cena is the only one who can get a reaction.
Is it any wonder they don't bother to make new stars?

UberTag

Let me guess, they're still here.
Yep, you'll see a lot of the same old names.

Except for DMczaf who went all Batman on us and abandoned ship.

SameOldCrap.jpg

That's not funny, it's awesome. Stupid fucking smarks need to learn to put other people over rather than futilely trying to put Cena down. When for instance you're watching Cena vs Dolph Ziggler duelling "Let's go Cena" "Cena Sucks" chants is sending the message that Cena is the only one who can get a reaction.

The fundamental problem is that smarks aren't all that smart. ;)

SoulPlaya

more money than God
2000/2001 Kane is the best Kane
Kane's voice certainly has gone through some various phases, not so big on the way he delivers his current promos, they fall into the Masked Rhodes position of randomly fluctuating certain words to appear more deranged. Still better than the majority though, then again how often do half the wrestlers even get hold of a microphone.
Yeah, the mask gave his voice a really great and gruff sound. Funny enough, I actually like the way he delivers his promos now. It does the trick in trying to convey the character.

Doesn't matter anyway. Anyone they push that gets over they sabotage and make sure they don't and use the excuse they were acting like a superstar backstage or had a bad attitude or ego or something else. It's happened every time.

Heel

Well, as someone who endures Bad Sports Entertainment every weekend, I sympathize with your vicious cycle. Stay strong, friends.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA

And then this happens
johncenaandzackryder_ivjld.jpg

jmdajr

Well, as someone who endures Bad Sports Entertainment every weekend, I sympathize with your vicious cycle. Stay strong, friends.

I need no Symphany, I enjoy my hobby. It's stress relief. If anything it's a little tough posting here sometimes but the fun outweighs the bad for me. I can understand people's frustrations but for me WWE is not worth getting mad about. I don't get upset at other TV shows. BUT....NFL for me is a whole other ball of wax. Granted that's a real sport, but I don't know if the average person feels so bad when their team loses. :'( Enjoying the WWE these past 10 years has been a fucking cake walk compared to having been a Texan fan for the same amount of time. That's way tougher...

THIS is what I was looking for to respond to Bobo's sudden love of the Ace/Cena angle.

Okay, here we go. *ahem*

Oh Bobo, you are so Stockholm syndrom'd. lolololololol

*applause*

The main event angle was well done, plus it puts Ace into Vince McMahon type character going against him. It's better to keep him locked up in that than just have him beat some guy in a standard match noone would take seriously. They had him beat Brock. Honestly, where do you take Cena after that? There's no credible threat left so might as well feud him with a non wrestler so he doesn't hurt someone else on the roster(yeah he will ruin Tensai, but who cares, he already failed in his comeback run anyway).

The main event angle was well done, plus it puts Ace into Vince McMahon type character going against him. It's better to keep him locked up in that than just have him beat some guy in a standard match noone would take seriously. They had him beat Brock. Honestly, where do you take Cena after that? There's no credible threat left so might as well feud him with a non wrestler so he doesn't hurt someone else on the roster(yeah he will ruin Tensai, but who cares, he already failed in his comeback run anyway).

You're probably right, but....it's a John Cena angle, and you'll just be left shaking your head in bewilderment and/or disgust by the end. Don't do it to yourself.

And you people are still insane for loving that Kane/Ryder episode of Raw. It takes a lot for me to [face_palm] and cringe watching stuff by myself, but I did it for a majority of that episode. It was like 2 hours of a bad Mad TV sketch. *shivers*

SoulPlaya

more money than God
You're probably right, but....it's a John Cena angle, and you'll just be left shaking your head in bewilderment and/or disgust by the end. Don't do it to yourself.

And you people are still insane for loving that Kane/Ryder episode of Raw. It takes a lot for me to [face_palm] and cringe watching stuff by myself, but I did it for a majority of that episode. It was like 2 hours of a bad Mad TV sketch. *shivers*
It's time for you to Embrace the Hilarity. Ryder getting buried by Kane is funny, I'm sorry.

Domestic_Abuse_Zack_Ryder_Kane_Orton_WWE_Extreme_Rules.gif

It's time for you to Embrace the Hilarity. Ryder getting buried by Kane is funny, I'm sorry.

http://cdn.wl.uproxx.com/wp-content...e_Zack_Ryder_Kane_Orton_WWE_Extreme_Rules.gif

That gif is funny in a "Holy crap they've buried the guy so much I don't even care about him anymore and Kane doesn't either" kind of way, but I'm still SMH on the inside.

Everyone said "Hoeski" was Eve character assassination....no. Being in an angle with Cena and Kane was character assassination for Ryder. Dude's like the ultimate dweeb now.

slow-pan-to-zack-ryder.gif

So bad it's good is better than the usual.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That gif is funny in a "Holy crap they've buried the guy so much I don't even care about him anymore and Kane doesn't either" kind of way, but I'm still SMH on the inside.

Everyone said "Hoeski" was Eve character assassination....no. Being in an angle with Cena and Kane was character assassination for Ryder. Dude's like the ultimate dweeb now.
He was always a "dweeb." He got over as a comedy character in his show. That's what he's being treated as. He's not all that great of a wrestler, with a really one dimensional character. The guy has potential, but a Jersey Shore character can only go so far. That angle could have really gotten him to the "next level", if they stuck with it, and he showed some character development in a feud against Kane/Eve. Instead, he's just been buried, and that's it. He's now stuck as a comedy character, but thankfully for him, getting buried by Kane is funny.

He was always a "dweeb." He got over as a comedy character in his show. That's what he's being treated as. He's not all that great of a wrestler, with a really one dimensional character. The guy has potential, but a Jersey Shore character can only go so far. That angle could have really gotten him to the "next level", if they stuck with it, and he showed some character development in a feud against Kane/Eve. Instead, he's just been buried, and that's it. He's now stuck as a comedy character, but thankfully for him, getting buried by Kane is funny.

There's "likeable goofball trying to get his comeuppance despite lack of management push" and then there's "annoyingly DUMB loser getting buried over and over." There's no forward momentum with the latter description. Ryder's just annoying now, and a perfect example of the WWE's meat grinder killing another guy.

Sorry if I don't take pleasure in seeing a guy get killed figuratively.....and almost literally.

Sick bloodthirsty Kane fans.

What's there to be mad about? We all know he's going to win. He beat Brock Lesnar. Who really cares what else he does at this point? He's superman. They'll feed him Tensai, Otunga, and maybe a couple of other heels in this feud and then move on to the next heel to feed to him. He's already beat the entire roster. What else can they do at this point? They've already ruined Brock with him. There's nothing else they can do at this point to make me mad. I already expect it and am indifferent to anything they can make him do. They can make all the dumb booking decisions with him at this point that they want. It's just going to make me laugh.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
There's "likeable goofball trying to get his comeuppance despite lack of management push" and then there's "annoyingly DUMB loser getting buried over and over." There's no forward momentum with the latter description. Ryder's just annoying now, and a perfect example of the WWE's meat grinder killing another guy.

Sorry if I don't take pleasure in seeing a guy get killed figuratively.....and almost literally.

Sick bloodthirsty Kane fans.
I honestly think in every single Kane match, Ryder should jump out of nowhere and attack Kane, only for Kane to totally no sell it. Every match, he would come up with some new ingenious fashion for him to do so. Dress up as a fan, jump out of a door, go from under the ring, etc. It would be hilarious.

RBH

-- As far as stories of Brock flipping his lid after Extreme Rules on Sunday night, well, he did flip his lid, but how much of that was real and how much of it was a way to convince the other wrestlers that him losing to John Cena was the right call, that's open to speculation. At least part of it, and maybe most of it, was a work on the boys, but there were a few things that Lesnar was legitimately upset about. Perhaps not upset enough to tear a locker room apart over, but upset nonetheless. The company tried to get out word Monday that he'd quit, I guess hoping various websites would report it so everyone would be surprised when he walked out on Raw. Unfortunately, they did a poor job getting the info out, particularly since by the time most of us heard it, we'd also heard that Brock was, in fact, in the building and scheduled to do the show.

-- It is being reported in Mexico that Sin Cara returns when WWE returns to that country later this month.

-- Speaking of FOX, there is a UFC on FOX show this Saturday. Really. Promotion has been pretty much non-existent on a large scale. Nate Diaz vs. Jim Miller is the headline fight.
http://www.f4wonline.com/more/more-...y-of-this-site-sin-cara-return-date-tons-more

What's there to be mad about? We all know he's going to win. He beat Brock Lesnar. Who really cares what else he does at this point? He's superman. They'll feed him Tensai, Otunga, and maybe a couple of other heels in this feud and then move on to the next heel to feed to him. He's already beat the entire roster. What else can they do at this point? They've already ruined Brock with him. There's nothing else they can do at this point to make me mad. I already expect it and am indifferent to anything they can make him do. They can make all the dumb booking decisions with him at this point that they want. It's just going to make me laugh.

Well damn, you probably just laid out the angle for me. Now I know what to FFx4. Thanks, man.
It'll probably be way worse than what you're expecting. I won't say I told you so......yes I will.

I honestly think in every single Kane match, Ryder should jump out of nowhere and attack Kane, only for Kane to totally no sell it. Every match, he would come up with some new ingenious fashion for him to do so. Dress up as a fan, jump out of a door, go from under the ring, etc. It would be hilarious.

This is so absurd it just might work. If it still happened 5 years from now, I'd laugh a hearty laugh.

Top Bottom