• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin |OT| Vince McMahon doesn't give 5 million f**ks what you think.

Credo

I think I may be done with WWE for a while. I don't think I can stand watching Cena on tv anymore, and Brock's already done, he might as well not come back.

I may take a break from watching for a while too, but at least there's still fun to be had with WrassleGAF.

It really is something that I can go from buying my first PPV in almost 15 years (Wrestlemania XXVIII) to being completely put off by the product in the span of just one month. I don't know if I'm just that fickle or if it's a shared sentiment.

Khrno

I wonder if WWE knows that without Bryan vs Punk they would lose the IWC.

Surely someone must know that.

They care enough to give both Punk and Bryan mid-event status, and have them in prolonged title reigns/feuds.

So yeah, someone inside does know how important they are for the company. Could it be Stephanie? Maybe Mr.H himself? Or someone else with enough power to put those mid-card straps around their waists.

I wonder if Punk's been letting his beard grow in anticipation of this match. He'll need all the macho he can muster to take on Bryan's beard.

I wonder if WWE knows that without Bryan vs Punk they would lose the IWC.

Surely someone must know that.

Doubt both of these claims.

John cena always goes on last.

He has been in every main event match for the last 6 months

Royal Rumble, TLC

Aiii

So not worth it
I'm sorry, but did you guys even watch Extreme Rules? That was an amazing PPV, I enjoyed the hell out of it for one. Now up next we have Bryan vs. Punk, which is gonna be fucking awesome!!

And then Christian is coming back soon and he's due a title shot over on Smackdown.

Win-win-win.

So, I'll fast forward through a few Cena segments for that, why the hell not?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'm sorry, but did you guys even watch Extreme Rules? That was an amazing PPV, I enjoyed the hell out of it for one. Now up next we have Bryan vs. Punk, which is gonna be fucking awesome!!

And then Christian is coming back soon and he's due a title shot over on Smackdown.

Win-win-win.

You can't expect people to get overly excited and stick around and watch a two hour show because 10 minutes of it is good.

Kaladin

Anyone rating Extreme rules under 8/10 is a madman.

We got 3 quality PPV main events with 3 shitty finishes. The rest of the card was ok.....nothing terribly bad, but ok. It's still the best overall show the WWE has put on this year. I don't know about an 8/10 though.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Anyone rating Extreme rules under 8/10 is a madman.
Good for that PPV, but in this day and age, one good PPV every year (not counting WM, although I thought this WM was OK), one good feud every now and then, and 10 worthy minutes of good programming a week is not enough.

Aiii

So not worth it
Then by all means, stop watching.

I for one believe you should embrace the hate, but I'm just here for the AJ.

Khrno

Win-win-win.

Everyone here hates Cena and say they can't give a shit about him or his feuds, yet it seems the only thing they care to talk about is about John Cena and how much he sucks and how much they hate him and how that makes them hate WWE even more than they've always had.

So anything else that happens outside of Cena's stuff does not matter for them, and whatever other matches or feuds happen to be good, or maybe even great, get overshadowed by their obsession on Cena and blinding themselves to anything else the WWE offers (as little as that might be).

It's not like the threads are usually on repeat, but mostly because the most talked topic is just:

same-old-crap-john-cena.jpg

XenoRaven

My god Kane has some hideous fans.
That's why they identify with his character.

EDIT: Now that I think of it...where do you get all these Kane pics SoulPlaya? I kind of imagine this massive archive with folders based on what's happening in the picture. "Kane with Family" "Kane with Fans" "Kane Riding a Bike" "Kane Sleeping" etc.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
That's why they identify with his character.

EDIT: Now that I think of it...where do you get all these Kane pics SoulPlaya? I kind of imagine this massive archive with folders based on what's happening in the picture. "Kane with Family" "Kane with Fans" "Kane Riding a Bike" "Kane Sleeping" etc.
All of his family pics come from his wife's old Myspace account. She has a new facebook account where a couple of the albums are public, but I'm not currently on fb. the rest are random Google images. I have none saved on my computer.

Maybe they should lock the thread for a month for everyones own good. Comeback fresh.

You mean come back with pent up rage to be unleashed from a month of horrible booking decisions? this place would go from midnight wrasslegaf to a new phase which could only be summed up as an eclipse.

jmdajr

You mean come back with pent up rage to be unleashed from a month of horrible booking decisions? this place would go from midnight wrasslegaf to a new phase which could only be summed up as an eclipse.
Ok, maybe no Cena talk?

But if we ban HHH talk I will cry :'(_

Maybe they should lock the thread for a month for everyones own good. Comeback fresh.

There's more to watch in May than Vince's sports entertainment dreck;

iAcAP5ue5IfVy.jpg
ibdgvfZNbaiI9D.jpg
ib26ipI4Mpy8KM.jpg

• EVOLVE 12; Fit Finlay vs Jon Davis, AR Fox vs Sami Callihan, Johnny Gargano & Samuray del Sol vs Chuck Taylor & Silas Young
  • ROH - Border Wars; Davey Richards (c) vs Kevin Steen, Roderick Strong vs Fit Finlay, The Briscoe Brothers (c) vs Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team, Lance Storm vs Mike Bennett
  • EVOLVE 13; El Generico vs Sami Callihan, AR Fox vs Jigsaw vs Samuray Del Sol vs Chuck Taylor, Johnny Gargano (c) vs winner of the 4-way.

jmdajr said:
Ok, maybe no Cena talk?

That might work, until next week's RAW :p

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Do they even care about the IWC?

EVERY SINGLE nonsensical split second decision to swerve people in an angle has been because of the 10%ers "IWC" knowing the most likely outcome.

Now think about whether or not they care about the "IWC" and how completely asinine their logic is.

Khrno

Don't worry, you cannot bury talk of the COO.

The difference between HHH burying people and Cena burying people is that HHH was a heel for most of his in-ring career. That doesn't justifies it, but does give it more sense and a satisfaction feel whenever he got beat.

HHH is truly the King of Kings. Can't wait for Vince to get buried.

vJHLT.gif

This feud could be pretty cool. It's more interesting than any other program Cena could be in right now atleast. It's obvious they aren't changing the guy, turning him heel, or doing anything to change his character. I guess they figure feuding him with Laurinitis will atleast get him cheered. Laurinitis looked good in his offense last night too.

Kaladin

This feud could be pretty cool. It's more interesting than any other program Cena could be in right now atleast. It's obvious they aren't changing the guy, turning him heel, or doing anything to change his character. I guess they figure feuding him with Laurinitis will atleast get him cheered. Laurinitis looked good in his offense last night too.

You know it's just going to be a Cena vs Tensai feud with Johnny Ace ordering Tensai around and Cena not getting to beat Tensai because he's being protected as a new heel. Funny that the crowd boo'd Laurenitus more than cheering for Cena.

Shoot, I'm still trying to meet that girl that used to make videos of herself and send them to Kane, lol.

Kane's promo skilled were so underrated back in 2000. Here's two quick ones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYzFP_raQxI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zu1gov2an9k
2000/2001 Kane is the best Kane
Kane's voice certainly has gone through some various phases, not so big on the way he delivers his current promos, they fall into the Masked Rhodes position of randomly fluctuating certain words to appear more deranged. Still better than the majority though, then again how often do half the wrestlers even get hold of a microphone.

The difference between HHH burying people and Cena burying people is that HHH was a heel for most of his in-ring career. That doesn't justifies it, but does give it more sense and a satisfaction feel whenever he got beat.

HHH is truly the King of Kings. Can't wait for Vince to get buried.
HHH was a master heel, in 2000 for being a good villain on screen that you loved to hate and then later on in 2003 and onwards for being a villain both on and off screen that no one loved, what dedication.
For being one of the best heels in WWE history it sure does suck how long he has been a face, since 2006 where his new quest was to achieve the Austin/Rock mega pops to no avail but dammit he just keeps trying.

Top Bottom