• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Heel

So I gotta ask the thread, since it's dead as fuck from both Memorial Day and possible depression of WWE standings.

This whole network thing, what if it doesn't work? I mean, no way in hell they can go back to 50-60 dollars a PPV. What is the nuclear option to all of this?

I don't think you can go back completely. The new television rights deals and people continuing to buy the PPVs at full price will keep it afloat for the foreseeable future. Whatever they're making has to be the new norm.

somedevil

So I gotta ask the thread, since it's dead as fuck from both Memorial Day and possible depression of WWE standings.

This whole network thing, what if it doesn't work? I mean, no way in hell they can go back to 50-60 dollars a PPV. What is the nuclear option to all of this?

They are not going to do it. One everyone forgets that got money from the tv deal. Not double but a good bump. Second they just raise the price 1 or 2 dollars and if they wan't they can just put WrestleMania or the Royal Rumble on pay per view only.

#QUEEN
U0dDY1N.gif

Going to try and watch some RAW, after avoiding for two weeks - all I know is Bryan got legit hurt.

I hope storylines have advanced sufficiently

Gorillaz

I keep forgetting that I'm subscribed to the Network..

I think a nice amount of people are, that's the thing

I don't think you can go back completely. The new television rights deals and people continuing to buy the PPVs at full price will keep it afloat for the foreseeable future. Whatever they're making has to be the new norm.

They are not going to do it. One everyone forgets that got money from the tv deal. Not double but a good bump. Second they just raise the price 1 or 2 dollars and if they wan't they can just put WrestleMania or the Royal Rumble on pay per view only.

So, they basically have to stick with this and hope it works? Damn that's risky breh. I can see them actually locking out Maina if worst comes to worst.

I feel sorry for Bryan who can't say to your wife your acting sucks and I want to do this angle alone.

Hope he finds someone to make sound like it comes from Vince or since total divas is over next week and with him not coming back till like end of June or July that they will drop it.

edit: Plus he needs the Punk it sucks I won't do it or the Undertaker reads the storyline and throws it in the trash moment.

He keeps saying in interviews his mindset is he'll do the best with what he's given. That might have been fine on his way up but now is the time to step up and take control.

He keeps saying in interviews his mindset is he'll do the best with what he's given. That might have been fine on his way up but now is the time to step up and take control.

His biggest downfall apparently. I think Nikki said it best on Total Divas last night, If you're too nice, people will walk all over you. Well DB....man the fuck up I guess.

Whatever. It's all gone to shit. Let's just watch.

Hey look, the theme song for Daniel Bryan's title reign!

krae_man

Do the ultra patriotic openings air on Raw overseas too?

This is the first time in years the Memorial Day show isn't in Canada. WWE usually beings it up here to avoid paying stat pay.

Every Canadian venue that isn't the ACC must have been booked already, and they avoid the ACC for other reasons.

Ultratech

So I've been reading The Squared Circle: Life, Death, and Professional Wrestling lately (picked up for cheap at a local bookstore sometime back).

Apart from the first few chapters, I hadn't read much on it lately, but I did today and one of the chapters I read today was about the Von Erichs.
Fairly interesting for the most part, though it ended on kind of a depressing note, with most of them dying or killing themselves.

(Funny enough, my Dad had sometimes talked about them and the Freebirds on occasion when I was a kid, but I never really thought much of it or bothered to look into it.)

jred2k

So I've been reading The Squared Circle: Life, Death, and Professional Wrestling lately (picked up for cheap at a local bookstore sometime back).

Apart from the first few chapters, I hadn't read much on it lately, but I did today and one of the chapters I read today was about the Von Erichs.
Fairly interesting for the most part, though it ended on kind of a depressing note, with most of them dying or killing themselves.

(Funny enough, my Dad had sometimes talked about them and the Freebirds on occasion when I was a kid, but I never really thought much of it or bothered to look into it.)

Welcome to the world of professional wrestling!

It's Memorial Day? A pretty good time to be patriotic if you ask me. They'll show soldiers most Monday nights if they have a segment free.

I don't mind it, but they usually overdo it.

I'd like Bo to tell a soldier than one day he can be as good as him if he just keeps Bo-Lieving

Top Bottom