• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date

Sblargh

Banned
Why whoever writes the JBL and Cole show have such an amazing sense of humor while whoever writes Monday Night RAW is an idiot?

jred2k

Why whoever writes the JBL and Cole show have such an amazing sense of humor while whoever writes Monday Night RAW is an idiot?

Because the JBL & Cole show is seen by about 150,000 people on the internet. Vince probably doesn't even know it exists.

Ithil

Probably because they're left to their own devices, and can just write up a five-ten minute comedy bit per week instead of having to translate Vince's sense of humour to television.

strobogo

Banned
ib2xBwfsZCvZYx.gif

Must have missed this, from the Observer;

"Gedo & Jado were very impressed with Adam Cole at the two shows, and it looks like they are going to bring him in."

More vanilla midgets in mah New Japan. In all seriousness, good news for Cole, a few tours of Japan could do him the world of good.

I knew there had to be a reason he beat the hell out of everyone at War of the Worlds. Hope we get to see Okada vs. Cole soon.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Why do 90% of Euro wrestlers have no gimmick, or their gimmick is OI IM A TOUGH GUY? It's like every single one of them said, 'I'm gonna be Dynamite Kid' then all their mates said, 'I'm gonna be Dynamite Kid!' and here we are. Chris Adams was a pretty good wrestler, but I didn't find him unique or standing out other than in the ring. Which leaves a short impression. Did nobody in Europe get Superstar Billy Graham tapes in the 80s so they didn't know? I mean, what was Bulldog's gimmick? Whenever I see those guys Boots posts for PROGRESS, they just look like dudes. It's fine if there's a couple hard ass dudes in the promotion, but not everybody should be the straight shoota. I get that Europe has the Japan mentality where they take it a little more seriously, but Japan still had gimmicks like Muta, Chono, Sasuke, Liger, etc. Not EVERYONE wore short trunks with the kickpads and the one elbow pad

I'll even give Grado, Fergal, and Wade credit for trying to establish something. I love Finlay because he was a cranky old man, but if he wasn't old, he would have also been yet another Euro OI IM A TOUGH GUY gimmick. At least Vince's 'lets make Regal snooty' was something unqiue even if it is an incredibly shallow gimmick.

What I'm saying is that I'm not surprised Bootaaay would support the man who won the PWG title. And I was more using that as an excuse to make fun of the new champ than Cole. But I don't think Cole's all that good either. /heelturn

Probably because they're left to their own devices, and can just write up a five-ten minute comedy bit per week instead of having to translate Vince's sense of humour to television.

This is also true. What they do is a 10 minute show every week, while the WWE stuff has to be stretched out to 6 hours every single week. That shit's got to be exhausting.

Rumors and speculation

As for what they'll do with the WWE world heavyweight title, it doesn't appear as though there are any plans in regards to the Payback pay-per-view (PPV). That show is all but totally booked up already and considering the new model with the WWE Network, there's no need to alter current storylines. Instead, they'll build to Money in the Bank, with the current idea being two Money in the Bank matches: One for the WWE world title and one for the briefcase to challenge for it anytime the winner wants over the next year. That could change, of course, but it's one possibility, apparently the strongest one right now.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Guys has neck surgery, put him in a ladder match a month later. Did they learn nothing from Edge?

They bring back Cena early from injury all the time too. They act like they care about the health of their superstars, but they really don't when it comes down to it. As long as the doctor says 'He can', they don't hear the following 'but he shouldn't.'

It's my biggest problem with the WWE. It beats the hell out of their employees. You can see how much someone ages in 10 years in any sport then compare it to a WWE wrestler, and the WWE wrestler will always have a more weathered face.

DMczaf

Guys has neck surgery, put him in a ladder match a month later. Did they learn nothing from Edge?

Does WWE ever learn from anything? If it wasn't because of the bad press it would get, I bet they would still be doing the repelling entrance.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kinda ruins the immersion when you watch Zayn literally move into position to catch him and put his arms out to grab his legs.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
PS4 preloading thing is pretty cool. Still don't understand why PS4 games are so huge compared to PC games though. Completely erases my desire to go digital.

strobogo

Banned
I wonder what the deal is with the weird John Williams score knock off Flair was using in 1991 before jumping ship.

Alucard

Banned
Really looking forward to Styles/Okada and Ishii/Ibushi. And I love that confrontation video of AJ and Okada. Think they'll put on an amazing spectacle.

Not expecting too much from the rest of Back to the Yokohama Arena, though. Two Gracie fights, eh? Maybe Nakamura can save things.

Alucard

Banned
Also, Adam Cole is superb as ROH Champion. He's carrying that belt well despite a string of cheap victories during his run. Easily the best of the 3 heel champs at the start of 2014. (Orton, Magnus, Cole)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Also, Adam Cole is superb as ROH Champion. He's carrying that belt well despite a string of cheap victories during his run. Easily the best of the 3 heel champs at the start of 2014. (Orton, Magnus, Cole)

Magnus. Now there's a Euro wrestler who tries to have a gimmick and stupendously fails at it. Has like negative charisma.

darkbanjo

Why do 90% of Euro wrestlers have no gimmick, or their gimmick is OI IM A TOUGH GUY? It's like every single one of them said, 'I'm gonna be Dynamite Kid' then all their mates said, 'I'm gonna be Dynamite Kid!' and here we are. Chris Adams was a pretty good wrestler, but I didn't find him unique or standing out other than in the ring. Which leaves a short impression. Did nobody in Europe get Superstar Billy Graham tapes in the 80s so they didn't know? I mean, what was Bulldog's gimmick? Whenever I see those guys Boots posts for PROGRESS, they just look like dudes. It's fine if there's a couple hard ass dudes in the promotion, but not everybody should be the straight shoota. I get that Europe has the Japan mentality where they take it a little more seriously, but Japan still had gimmicks like Muta, Chono, Sasuke, Liger, etc. Not EVERYONE wore short trunks with the kickpads and the one elbow pad

I'll even give Grado, Fergal, and Wade credit for trying to establish something. I love Finlay because he was a cranky old man, but if he wasn't old, he would have also been yet another Euro OI IM A TOUGH GUY gimmick. At least Vince's 'lets make Regal snooty' was something unqiue even if it is an incredibly shallow gimmick.

What I'm saying is that I'm not surprised Bootaaay would support the man who won the PWG title. And I was more using that as an excuse to make fun of the new champ than Cole. But I don't think Cole's all that good either. /heelturn

I think part of this is due to Euro promotions not having as much time to give character exposition, but even then I think you're vastly overexaggerating. Even just looking at Progress, there's guys like El Ligero, Mikey Whiplash, Mad Man Manson, Jimmy Havoc etc. who all have very different gimmicks that certainly aren't 'I'm a tough guy'.

Top Bottom