• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
I've turned back and forth on Ishimori more than just about any wrestler ever - he either irritates the hell out of me with his laziness, or surprises the hell out of me by putting on a kick-ass title run outta nowhere. Incidentally, is anybody else on board the Daisuke Harada hype train yet? Been following the dude since he and Kotoge started making a name for themselves in Osaka Pro and really, really enjoyed his match with Ishimori;

Taiji Ishimori (c) vs Daisuke Harada - GHC Jr. Heavyweight Title - (NOAH 2014/03/08)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I do like for this tag match that Marufuji, Ishimori, and Kajiwara come out in their ridiculous entrance attire and Hayato comes out with his t-shirt. And you can see how weird he thinks everyone else looks.

Marufuji and Hayato are also the perfect example of who can pull off an undercut and who can not. Marufuji looks absolutely goofy with his undercut. It's a terrible look for him. Hayato's looked good with his kind of weird facial features. Course, Hayato pulled off having no eyebrows too, so I guess that's not much of a surprise.

I'm also pretty sure Ishimori is on drugs. Kajiwara also looks EXACTLY like KUSHIDA.
I've turned back and forth on Ishimori more than just about any wrestler ever - he either irritates the hell out of me with his laziness, or surprises the hell out of me by putting on a kick-ass title run outta nowhere.

I like as much about Ishimori as I hate. He sells really well, but sometimes he gets too over the top. He's got that good energy but sometimes he goes too far. Seems like a good high energy guy but never someone who would have a 5 star match. A consistent 2-4

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
This is one of those simple things of wrestling spots that works really well.
dsfdsffsdxporh.gif

Marufuji knows the matchup the fans want, so he simply throws the opponent to tag Hayato.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Watching an NWA tag tournament, and I can't believe I haven't seen Nikita Koloffs dick fall out of his singlet. It's out of control.

I'm excited for this NJPW show because I really have no clue who is going to win the main event. I think a majority of it has to do with me being so new to New Japan, but I could legitimately see either guy winning.

Holy shit that Fandango/Layla/Summer segment was short but sweet.

I like that they went ahead and showed the entire R-Truth entrance to just scrap the match entirely. Fandango could have came out first and the outcome would have been the same and saved time.

strobogo

Banned
It's amazing how super happy Vlad The Superfan always looks considering it appears that he was at every Raw show for at least the first year and a half, which were DOG SHIT shows. And he'd sit through a month's worth in one night.

I like that they went ahead and showed the entire R-Truth entrance to just scrap the match entirely. Fandango could have came out first and the outcome would have been the same and saved time.

But without R-Truth, who would've pumped up the crowd? Everyone needed to see that entrance just one more time.

Sblargh

Banned

I think it adds to the skit that we think there's actually going to be a fight. They did the same thing for when Fandango got beaten by The Shield. Maybe it's Fandango new gimmick; do elaborate long entrances, something happens, don't have a match.

Aiii

So not worth it
Just back from the House Show, this happened:
10341578_723959384322083_2757241764239664193_n.jpg

And then after Show won, he was walking back and a guy came up to ringside that made Big Show backtrack and apparently invited him backstage:
10342444_10152153887994639_7725531499646233050_n.jpg

I wouldn't be at all surprised if WWE gets the guy to try out for them at some point.

Aiii

So not worth it
I also saw Pat Patterson today, he special guest ring anounced Barrett vs. Big E and did some promo work with Barrett before the match, that was pretty cool.

Aiii

So not worth it
He also invited that guy backstage

Haha.

Also, Justin Gabriels and Tyson Kidd worked as heels with Swagger and Titus for some weird reason.

And Natalya is even sloppier irl than on TV. she did a three way with Paige and Tamina and by gawd, so many botches. Paige is so damn hot though... So so hot.

Santino and Emma did a comedy match against Fandango and Layla and their comedy is a lot more fun in a live setting than on TV. Also, Emma slapped Layla's ass really hard.

One final note, Lana. Gawddamn. Lana. Gawd. Damn.

Just watched Bo Dallas' debut, was pretty fun though the announcing spooked me a bit. Mentions of him being delusional etc doesn't really give the audience a chance enjoy the joke.

Just watched Bo Dallas' debut, was pretty fun though the announcing spooked me a bit. Mentions of him being delusional etc doesn't really give the audience a chance enjoy the joke.

Vince thinks his entire audience is mindless and has no idea how to understand or enjoy a gimmick unless it's explicitly laid out. That's why the announcers ruin so many gimmicks.

Sblargh

Banned
I wonder if Vince got the shareholders pissed enough so that they'll demote him.

Michael Hayes become new CEO

*~*~*~ WRESTLING NEWS ~*~*~*~ sites are citing an article from WWE Magazine as a lock that "JERICHO IS RETURNING!" I have the magazine, and it's two sentences that don't even talk about him returning at all. Just nipping this one in the bud.

DMczaf

*~*~*~ WRESTLING NEWS ~*~*~*~ sites are citing an article from WWE Magazine as a lock that "JERICHO IS RETURNING!" I have the magazine, and it's two sentences that don't even talk about him returning at all. Just nipping this one in the bud.

no

Top Bottom