• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrasslin' |OT2| Where the Big Boys Play

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
Few lines sum up the general opinion on WWE's thought processes more aptly than this one.
Given that raw seems to consist mainly of smack down rematches these days I don't know that they think people who watch raw watch smack down. They certainly don't think people who watch raw watch NXT.

Sblargh

Banned
So I was watching the "memorable debuts" Countdown and it was pretty awful. I'm not sure if they should continue with the "fan voting" with future Countdowns, but on the flipside if WWE simply just picked these we'd probably get tons of revisionist Vince McMahon history.

Vince history > Jericho or Kane debut being less memorable than Cena's.

WWE recaps things for recapping sake. I think one day they recapped stuff on a day with an awesome match between people Vince said were bomb; so the oficial explanation became that recaps increase ratings; so now they recap everything, and they recap what they recapped, and a good 20% of Raw is some form of recapping or the other.

Reading this makes me glad their new TV deal fell so short of expectations.

I know who's the confetti for...

221420-20autoplay_gifquszl.gif

109120-20autoplay_gifirsht.gif

...and he reveals he scripted the last 30 minutes.

I accept this!

Given that raw seems to consist mainly of smack down rematches these days I don't know that they think people who watch raw watch smack down. They certainly don't think people who watch raw watch NXT.

They think, or try to act like, each show is viewed by a unique set of viewers with very little crossover. People who watch Raw only watch Raw. Same with Smackdown, NXT, and any other show they produce. Basically, they handle things in the worst way possible.

Can't wait for Reigns to deliver his one line of doom.

"We can sit hear yapping away and signing contracts like a bunch of creampuffs, or we could fight..." *pushes desk over*

The contract signing will go exactly as planned, and no one will get hurt, and there will be no violence. That's parade worthy - not just confetti worthy.

However, confetti will do!

I was actually ok with Cena's debut being on the list, but... higher than Kane's debut or higher than Jericho's? And why in the absolute fuck is Rock's debut even on there.

The Rock seems like a debut that's only memorable in hindsight.

I didn't see it though so I don't know how it was really received at the time.

Sephzilla

The Rock seems like a debut that's only memorable in hindsight.

I didn't see it though so I don't know how it was really received at the time.

In my memory the arrival of Rocky Maivia was received pretty much the same as the character in general. The "arrival" of The Rock as a Nation of Domination member was more memorable.

Sblargh

Banned
I want to like Sheamus, but man, he grows more boring every day, I thought the title could do something for him, but nope, he fades more and more in the background. I don't think even a heel turn can save him if he keeps the character. Actually I have no idea what he could do.

Top Bottom