• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

Becky made a new star though.

And then through Bliss Naomi was made a star.

Bliss wouldn't be where she is without the push over Becky... and like you said it didn't really didn't make Becky less over.
Fair enough, even though someone remaining over despite bad booking isn't really an excuse to keep tossing shit booking at them.

My real point is that Alexa has this weird thing hanging over her where it seems a long term feud with her is death for her opponent because she can never look weak. Bayley especially because at least Becky lost from Alexa cheating and doing cowardly heel stuff like La Luchadora helping but damn Bayley is just getting one upped constantly by Alexa. Segments like last night isn't helping either. It's not Alexa just being a lying jerk heel, it's Alexa making what seems like legit claims that Bayley's the biggest loser ever.

Sephzilla

Bret was almost never wrong.

Had Vince chosen him over HBK we would have had no HHH rise to power and who knows how many people would still be alive.

Hell WCW might still be around.

If Vince chose Bret over HBK that means HBK almost certainly goes to WCW, which I honestly think would have accelerated WCW's demise. There's no way the locker room would have survived both Hogan and HBK's egos

Bret was almost never wrong.

Had Vince chosen him over HBK we would have had no HHH rise to power and who knows how many people would still be alive.

Hell WCW might still be around.

The downside is it seemed like the only way Shawn realized how much of a fuckup he was being (especially regarding drugs) was by being in that position, so he probably would have doubled down on all the stupid shit, especially if he felt he wasn't teacher's fav pet, and nobody would have been able to stop him, so he'd probably be gone

Owen'd definitely still be around

Sephzilla

Thinking about the possibilities of "what if Vince chose Bret instead of HBK" are really kind of jaw dropping.

1) HBK goes to WCW instead of Bret
2) HHH loses pretty much all of his influence in WWE
3) HBK never gets the casket match back injury that sidelines him for years
4) Bret never gets concussed by Goldberg, likely has a long career
5) HHH never marries Steph and rises to power in WWE
6) HBK and Hogan probably butt heads a ton in WCW
7) HBK probably never stops being a druggie and probably burns out completely
8) Vince McMahon still rises to top heel as Mr McMahon (this was already starting before Montreal)
9) Owen Hart isn't left behind after everyone abandons WWE post Montreal
10) Owen Hart doesn't get Blue Blazer gimmick
11) Owen Hart is still alive
12) We get Austin/Bret at WM14 for the title instead of Austin/HBK
13) No NXT
14) HBK likely never gets the post-back injury run

Imagine that instead of Taker/HBK at WrestleMania 25 and 26 we get Bret Hart vs Undertaker at WM25/26 followed by Owen vs Taker at 27 and 28? Oh, and imagine the idea of a potential Bret Hart vs Kurt Angle feud?

Fair enough, even though someone remaining over despite bad booking isn't really an excuse to keep tossing shit booking at them.

My real point is that Alexa has this weird thing hanging over her where it seems a long term feud with her is death for her opponent because she can never look weak. Bayley especially because at least Becky lost from Alexa cheating and doing cowardly heel stuff like La Luchadora helping but damn Bayley is just getting one upped constantly by Alexa. Segments like last night isn't helping either. It's not Alexa just being a lying jerk heel, it's Alexa making what seems like legit claims that Bayley's the biggest loser ever.

Biggest issue is that other than Charlotte no one can even hold a candle to Bliss in mic and character work which is what WWE often prioritizes.

Like even take-out the physical beat downs... Bliss talks circles around Bayley... and Sasha for that matter.

I mean, last night more or less proves that it's kayfabe canon that Bayley has never kissed a boy?

Weirdest thing of that segment is that there was nothing that said any of that was Bliss just making shit up

I'd sacrifice NXT for Owen Hart still being alive and Bret Hart having a longer career

Also imagine a healthy Bret as a key creative agent or even running developmental

He'd get the indie guys too.

Hex

Banned
Weirdest thing of that segment is that there was nothing that said any of that was Bliss just making shit up

Also imagine a healthy Bret as a key creative agent or even running developmental

He'd get the indie guys too.

Sadly Bret is an asshole and would have gotten offended or upset about something and stomped off anyway.
I used to want to believe Bret was the good guy, but have read far too much that says otherwise.

Sephzilla

Sadly Bret is an asshole and would have gotten offended or upset about something and stomped off anyway.
I used to want to believe Bret was the good guy, but have read far too much that says otherwise.

To be fair, I think a lot of the HBK stuff, Montreal, and everything that happened in the aftermath of that is what turned him into a bit more of a cynical asshole-ish person. Bret always seemed like he was a pretty happy guy before all of that went down. Bret went through a ton of bad shit.

Alternative universe Bret that didn't get betrayed by Vince is probably happy

Nah.

He was fiercely loyal to Vince... we're talking a universe where Vince doesn't piss away that loyalty

In 5 years (more like 4.5 really from late 97 to summer 2002) Bret lost the place he called home for 12 years by being forced out the door by a man he trusted and screwed over in the process (he was also friends with Hebner so he lost that tol), ended up being completely fucked over by Hogan and co in WCW, lost his relationship with his wife, lost his brother, saw his family fracture, lost his career, lost his mom, lost his brother-in-law, had a stroke hours after getting divorced.

And then a year after all that lost his Dad

You'd be fucking bitter too.

Hex

Banned
To be fair, I think a lot of the HBK stuff, Montreal, and everything that happened in the aftermath of that is what turned him into a bit more of a cynical asshole-ish person. Bret always seemed like he was a pretty happy guy before all of that went down. Bret went through a ton of bad shit.

Alternative universe Bret that didn't get betrayed by Vince is probably happy

Now this could be very true

Nah.

He was fiercely loyal to Vince... we're talking a universe where Vince doesn't piss away that loyalty

Valid, very valid.

Luschient

Thinking about the possibilities of "what if Vince chose Bret instead of HBK" are really kind of jaw dropping.

oprah-hold-me-back.gif

It really is fascinating to imagine how different everything would've been simply by Vince choosing one guy over another.

Sephzilla

That picture makes me realize the IC and US titles are the best looking belts in the company now that the NXT Title has been turned into a 2k17 Create-A-Title

Of the four main belts in each brand's men's and women's division I like the Raw women's the best. The white strap and red background works so good for it.

That picture makes me realize the IC and US titles are the best looking belts in the company now that the NXT Title has been turned into a 2k17 Create-A-Title
That's because wwe didn't design them. But both are changing soon. They already have the new titles but your guess is as good as mine on when they'll debut them.

Slizz

IC and US actually look like belts, not novelties. The tag belts are almost alright, but theres something about them.....

Beefy

IC and US actually look like belts, not novelties. The tag belts are almost alright, but theres something about them.....
It's the nasty ass colours of the other belts that ruins them. Fuck knows why Vince thought we needed brand coloured belts.

Hogan could abuse every race under the sun at a live event* with the world watching and Vince would still bring him back if he could pop ratings even a smidge.

*probably Raw

Kaladin

Eh, if Michael Vick can come back to the NFL, Hogan can come back to the WWE.

Bit of a disclaimer : Vick coming back to the NFL is the reason I quit watching the NFL.

Top Bottom