• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

Slizz

NJPW is so fun. Today they have the Styles Shinsuke match for free to stream. Watching Day 1 of BOSJ and ROH/NJPW WotW this year has shit on anything I've seen from WWE with honorable mention Hardys at WM.

Yeah probably finally going to put money down for a NJPW account.

I've subbed since WK11. Very happy.

I have my eyes on Progress, but are they losing a bunch of talent? Seems like a bunch of their big name dudes wrestle everywhere. Then again, I have no idea how Progress works, but I like what I've seen.

jmdajr

Today I just can't go....

but I have to..

4fe525a070967bde2eb34ad2e1cc9dfb92d96e4c_hq.gif

klonere

Banned
NJPW is so fun. Today they have the Styles Shinsuke match for free to stream. Watching Day 1 of BOSJ and ROH/NJPW WotW this year has shit on anything I've seen from WWE with honorable mention Hardys at WM.

Remember, you don't have to watch all the 1 cam show matches, you'll probably get burnt out pretty quick. They are the equivalent of recorded house shows. Generally you can check out the main event of those shows and be fine.

Kaladin

dog fighting was the final straw?

More like masterminding a dog fighting ring, it was his lifestyle. I hate animal cruelty.

Vick committed a crime and went to jail. Hogan got paid and took a vacation. Really weird comparison

Both committed crimes that should have killed their careers at least as far as the court of public opinion is concerned. Vick came back to a starting QB position after missing 2 seasons. People didn't like how easy it was for him to come back, and I remember they still didn't like it when he signed with the Steelers before retiring.

Hogan's career should similarly be over, but it seems inevitable that he will be brought back, despite public opinion. I feel the comparison is valid.

Slizz

Remember, you don't have to watch all the 1 cam show matches, you'll probably get burnt out pretty quick. They are the equivalent of recorded house shows. Generally you can check out the main event of those shows and be fine.

Yeah, it's sometimes hard to follow NJPW even using Twitter.

I saw they periscoped some show yesterday/day before maybe and the main event was fucking Omega, Scurll, Fale vs. Okada, Ospreay and Gedo. Free....

Foggy

Yeah, it's sometimes hard to follow NJPW even using Twitter.

I saw they periscoped some show yesterday/day before maybe and the main event was fucking Omega, Scurll, Fale vs. Okada, Ospreay and Gedo. Free....

That was from the televised live show yesterday. Don't get too hyped for multiman tags unless they're directly leading into a major event. Multiman tags are given away like candy. The LIJ multiman tags are always worth a watch though.

Ronin Ray

More like masterminding a dog fighting ring, it was his lifestyle. I hate animal cruelty.

Both committed crimes that should have killed their careers at least as far as the court of public opinion is concerned. Vick came back to a starting QB position after missing 2 seasons. People didn't like how easy it was for him to come back, and I remember they still didn't like it when he signed with the Steelers before retiring.

Hogan's career should similarly be over, but it seems inevitable that he will be brought back, despite public opinion. I feel the comparison is valid.

Vick didn't come back to a starting position he was on the bench for a year and had to do a hell of a lot to get a second chance it wasn't easy. Hogan has done jack shit but America is very forgiving to racist white males. Also Vick was and is terrible pos for what he did but man there are a lot fucked up guys in the NFL that did terrible things. All the domestic violence and other things didn't turn you off to the NFL?

Kaladin

Vick didn't come back to a starting position he was on the bench for a year and had to do a hell of a lot to get a second chance it wasn't easy. Hogan has done jack shit but America is very forgiving to racist white males. Also Vick was and is terrible pos for what he did but man there are a lot fucked up guys in the NFL that did terrible things. All the domestic violence and other things didn't turn you off to the NFL?

Oh everything about the NFL's general sweep it under the rug policy turned me off. Vick was just the final straw. I was a fan of Vick, and for him to be involved in such a thing at the level he was involved at was horrifying.

That was from the televised live show yesterday. Don't get too hyped for multiman tags unless they're directly leading into a major event. Multiman tags are given away like candy. The LIJ multiman tags are always worth a watch though.

Yeah pretty much LIJ are the only ones who consistently put on good to great multi-man tag matches... everyone else is super hit or miss

Mahonay

Banned
Oh everything about the NFL's general sweep it under the rug policy turned me off. Vick was just the final straw. I was a fan of Vick, and for him to be involved in such a thing at the level he was involved at was horrifying.
The numerous blatant attempts to cover up serious domestic abuse was my primary reason I stopped watching NFL.

But the Michael Vick stuff made me pretty fucking sick too.

I've subbed since WK11. Very happy.

I have my eyes on Progress, but are they losing a bunch of talent? Seems like a bunch of their big name dudes wrestle everywhere. Then again, I have no idea how Progress works, but I like what I've seen.

ehh, not... yet? wwe has their top 3 contracted, plus a few more, so in theory they could be hauled off at any time, but nothing's really been ruined yet. and they're building travis banks & cck, who aren't contracted anywhere.

But yeah, generally you can see indie guys all over the place.

That promotional art is weird. It has Bray, but no Finn or AJ? Ultimate Warrior is even on there.

Only weird thing is Bray. Those are the guys they believe are top guys and casuals may know who they are. Im surprised HHH didn't enforce a rule of him getting a bigger spot on promotional materials.

Top Bottom