• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

May Wrestling |OT2| We watch it so you don't have to

Bronx-Man

Banned
Thinking about it, if this were 2005 there would be at least 5 dummies on here screaming up and down that Rob Conway should be WWE Champion.

Fantomex

Roidbags were much more common in 2005 so they don't stand out like Jinder does nowadays.

Correct. Remember when Beefcake came back as the disciple? Dude was yolked up, everyone was!

837d48bfd1de0f57e72b99878e3d4d5a.jpg

Random thought: Why the hell is the WWF/E IC belt faceplate so popular? I swear I must've seen 10+ championships throughout wrestling history with its exact design.

Who the fuck is Rob Conway?
Dave actually mentioned that last night:

Right now Cole has nothing signed with anyone anywhere. He's looking at everything, even TNA's making a play for him, but unless something changes both he and WWE want him there as soon as he's able, and he's keeping himself free until then, while people like O'Reilly didn't want to wait and lose money by just sitting home and waiting it out.

I don't know the style Cole uses, but he should take this opportunity to just rest and heal up.

On criticism over the change in his physique: “I don’t know what kind of criticism that was. I worked hard in the gym a lot. All the WWE talents are drug tested by a third-party agency and I have been tested multiple times and never had an issue, so you know my transformation is all diet, all hard work. I am a tested athlete like every other WWE wrestler. I have no special privilege; nothing like that. I look like an athlete, I perform like an athlete, I carry myself like an athlete and WWE was not hesitant to put me in a WWE title match.”
http://411mania.com/wrestling/jinder-mahal-talks-criticism-over-change-in-his-physique/

Mmmhmmm.

It was the mid 2000s, everyone was that big basically. The only way you really stood out was if you were Dean Ambrose vs-HHH levels scrawny, or Scott Steiner any-year jacked.
Early 2016 Dean Ambrose was a twig when up against HHH.

Edit: Someone needs to just straight up ask Jinder about the backacne.

Jamie OD

Thinking about it, if this were 2005 there would be at least 5 dummies on here screaming up and down that Rob Conway should be WWE Champion.

That did happen. One of the regular writers for Power Slam magazine in the UK thought he would become a breakout star. I think he just had that opinion because he liked his theme song.

Hex

Banned
Gunner
is absolutely a TNA reject. He's pretty bland and generic.

Crazy Steve
is actually pretty good though. He's got a good gimmick and can go pretty well in the ring. I know TNA wanted to keep him, but WWE came calling for him.

Yeah I was going to say Crazy Steve can do work.

RIP Hayabusa, one of the greats.

I remember hearing so much about this tag match back in 99ish and wanting to see it so bad. I eventually got around to it but can't remember for the life of me if it lived up the hype. I just was desperate to see Japanese wrestlers back then as I learned Hayabusa and the crazy fucks in FMW

Hex

Banned
I remember hearing so much about this tag match back in 99ish and wanting to see it so bad. I eventually got around to it but can't remember for the life of me if it lived up the hype. I just was desperate to see Japanese wrestlers back then as I learned Hayabusa and the crazy fucks in FMW

Same here.
When Chono and other hit WCW it was huge to me, and every time Muta showed up was a big event for me.
Taka got so misused in WWF. Started as junior heavyweight champ and then turned into a comedy character

Hasney

Bollocks, just noticed that GWF is the same time as that ARMS test. Will have to have it on in the background or something.

Top Bottom