• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MechAssault 2 Hands-On & Questions Answered

DrDogg

http://www.gamedaily.com/xbox/article/?id=7387&game_id=3119

I played a good deal of this last night at the Microsoft event, so if you guys have any questions fire away. I've got a lot of multiplayer info that I can't post until next week, but I'll answer whatever questions I can about it here.

FYI... The Battle Armor + VTOL are going to own Xbox Live. Mechs are screwed if someone good gets in the Battle Armor. Lots of strategy is involved.

DrDogg

You've got more depth now. Instead of starting off in a Mech, you start off in standard human form. Then you have to race to the Mech you want (or Battle Armor). Also, when in the Battle Armor you can jump onto a friendly Mech's back and the other team will only see one radar signature. So you can surprise the other team and jack their Mech.

It's also 12 players now (6 on 6) and the maps are bigger.

IJoel

DrDogg said:
You've got more depth now. Instead of starting off in a Mech, you start off in standard human form. Then you have to race to the Mech you want (or Battle Armor). Also, when in the Battle Armor you can jump onto a friendly Mech's back and the other team will only see one radar signature. So you can surprise the other team and jack their Mech.

It's also 12 players now (6 on 6) and the maps are bigger.

Sounds interesting. So, is it really coming out this year?

DrDogg

The current release date is 12/28. However it's still tentative. If it doesn't release in 2004 it will almost certainly be a Jan/Feb 2005 release.

PPCs reach out for the nearest target, so they home to an extent, but you can't just fire away.

Top Bottom