• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor 2010 |OT| OPERATORS OPERATING in OPERATIONS

otake said:
Betas are demo's now. Every other game has a beta nowadays and it's so near the games it launch it really can't be a beta.

I think he was thinking of the actual beta from four months or so ago. I think the current beta/demo on pc has all the changes from the actual beta implemented.

otake

Doesn't know that "You" is used in both the singular and plural
Vinterbird said:
I think he was thinking of the actual beta from four months or so ago. I think the current beta/demo on pc has all the changes from the actual beta implemented.

My point still stands. Beta's are now part of the marketing machine, they're no longer really betas.

Dennis

Banned
Macintosh360 said:
The top strength of Medal of Honor is in the single-player campaign, and Danger Close has done an incredible job of putting together a tribute to the Special Forces community, honoring their many sacrifices. The same can't be said for the effort DICE has put forth with multiplayer, as it feels unpolished and in some regards unbalanced and unfinished.
Score: 7.7

I'm stopping by the local mom and pop store, they should have MOH in by 4PM EST.. It's either MOH or Castlevania Lords of Shadow... what do you guys recommend?

mercenar1e said:
I'm stopping by the local mom and pop store, they should have MOH in by 4PM EST.. It's either MOH or Castlevania Lords of Shadow... what do you guys recommend?
enslaved

Fersis said:
How many MP maps at release?
Maybe the online is worth the game? Like BFBC2, lackluster SP God like MP.

Is it true that the game had 3 years of development? (Single Player)
from what I've played, the MP doesn't come close to matching up with BFBC2. Dice had like 8 months to make MP in MoH and it shows.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
How many MP maps at release?

Is it true that the game had 3 years of development? (Single Player)

Cornbread78

mercenar1e said:

Well, do you like online MP games or offline SP games? start there...

Mr_Brit

Banned
You've gotta feel sorry for EA, they sunk a ton of time, money and effort into this thing and all they got in the end was a mediocre scoring game which will be swallowed whole by Black Ops when it launches next month. This should teach them that most gamers are smart and won't accept a blatant COD/BF ripoff without a sliver of creativity in it.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Mr_Brit said:
This should teach them that most gamers are smart and won't accept a blatant COD/BF ripoff without a sliver of creativity in it.
They certainly will. It just has to have CoD or BF in the title.

Veritas_

Fersis said:
This is what I'm trying to judge for myself. On the one hand, $60 is a lot for such a short singleplayer and limited multiplayer, but on the other hand I get a lot of use from my multiplayer games...

Also worried about the staying power of the PC online community.

=/

Victrix

*beard*
SapientWolf said:
They certainly will. It just has to have CoD or BF in the title.

This is true to a point, but you do it one too many times, you damage the brand. See Sonic, Tony Hawk, etc.

... except Sonic games are still commerically successful, so nevermind.

REV 09

Mr_Brit said:
You've gotta feel sorry for EA, they sunk a ton of time, money and effort into this thing and all they got in the end was a mediocre scoring game which will be swallowed whole by Black Ops when it launches next month. This should teach them that most gamers are smart and won't accept a blatant COD/BF ripoff without a sliver of creativity in it.
i actually disagree. i think gamers would swallow an equally compelling substitue/knock-off to CoD. CoDs have consistently reviewed between the high 8's and low 9's...MoH just isn't up to that quality. I don't even think the lack of creativity is the issue. I think it's the lack of a compelling, fully featured game. If this were an 8-10 hour campaign, with co-op, a survival mode of sorts, and a fully-fledged, balanced mp with perks and roughly 10 maps then this shit could take a BIG chunk from CoD.

Xater said:
Ok I just started watching the stream and holy mother of texture pop-in! :lol

Seriously Unreal Engine sucks. And if you know as a dev that the engine has problems like this avoid scenes like this!
Son of a textureless goat!

mercenar1e said:

Castlevania by a mile.

DennisK4 said:
Score: 7.7

Wow..not to disrespect the armed forces and lives lost in combat, but to say the single player campaign is good (it's boring and ugly) because its realistic and respectful...that's just whack.

acevans2

Mr_Brit said:
What mediocre scores are you referring to?

Biff

Mr_Brit said:
Reviews =/= Sales. This will sell 800K-1mil copies before Black Ops is released.

Does GAF not think video game corporations have marketing and sales departments staffed with MBAs and Commerce grads? :lol They planned for this. They know Black Ops is going to eat their game alive and they don't give a shit. As long as they do enough sales to turn a profit, they've achieved their goals.

GQman2121

Banned
Are there any details at all about Frontline? That's really all I'm interested in when discussing MOH. But there's just nothing out there right now.

If anything else (and after watching the prologue), I give EA credit for making a SP game set in the real world and not against Blahjikistan and the People's Front of Judea or other made up nonsense. It's a nice chance from MW2 and the almost insulting story it had (though each level was damn fun).

Just 4 hours though....ughhh

lockload

Zenith said:
I'm going to say it's down to the campaign being only FOUR HOURS LONG. Such a huge sticking point that stands out from other games, and the "only area of the game that is noticeably substandard" they bother to note is the AI?

Ok team xbox say 6 to 7 hours who is right?

Even though I personally disliked the idea of 6 Days in Fallujah, I nonetheless feel that its cancelation was the death knell of war fps's as anything more than inane shooting galleries embroidered with faux patriotic slogans.

Garjon

lockload said:
Ok team xbox say 6 to 7 hours who is right?
The stream that's still available online, showing that the player completed the game in 4 hours.

This seems to be an ongoing thing, where devs/pubs don't seem to care if the embargo date is broken as long as the review is positive.

Just got this email.. was about to head out to buy MOH...

i pre ordered MOH back in June 2010 and i canceled a month later.. guess what happened today?

First Email

Thank you for ordering from EA Store (US) on June 16, 2010. The following product(s) has shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged.

With tracking info! comes tomorrow.

so i called and got the follow up email

Thank you for contacting EA Support regarding your cancelled Medal of Honor pre-order. As we discussed I can fully assure you that you have been refunded the purchase price of $65.27.

FREEEEE GAME!

So theres a embargo on the reviews or something? Probably already addressed, but when do the reviews go up? Not getting it at launch (no money) but I'm still interested in how it turned out.

Dennis

Banned
mercenar1e said:
Just got this email.. was about to head out to buy MOH...

i pre ordered MOH back in June 2010 and i canceled a month later.. guess what happened today?

First Email

Thank you for ordering from EA Store (US) on June 16, 2010. The following product(s) has shipped. If you paid by credit card, your credit card has now been charged.

With tracking info! comes tomorrow.

so i called and got the follow up email

Thank you for contacting EA Support regarding your cancelled Medal of Honor pre-order. As we discussed I can fully assure you that you have been refunded the purchase price of $65.27.

FREEEEE GAME!
You should inform them of their mistake. Only decent thing to do.

Cheech

Apesht Mcfckface said:
So theres a embargo on the reviews or something? Probably already addressed, but when do the reviews go up? Not getting it at launch (no money) but I'm still interested in how it turned out.

IIRC it's 9 am EST tomorrow. Not positive though.

jakonovski said:
Even though I personally disliked the idea of 6 Days in Fallujah, I nonetheless feel that its cancelation was the death knell of war fps's as anything more than inane shooting galleries embroidered with faux patriotic slogans.
Yeah and all we got were "edgy" games with the plots of Michael Bay films, but somehow dumber.

DennisK4 said:
You should inform them of their mistake. Only decent thing to do.

i did.. and the representative said "i can guarantee you have been refunded.. but i cannot say if we shipped the item out to you for free or it was a system glitch" and it's in UPS system.. free is free

LegoDad

mercenar1e said:
i did.. and the representative said "i can guarantee you have been refunded.. but i cannot say if we shipped the item out to you for free or it was a system glitch" and it's in UPS system.. free is free

Ea is horrible about preordering then canceling, they have sent me 2 free games because of that.

derFeef

Uhm, they should just switch on godmode for such presentations, or maybe get a better person playing. It´s nice to see how much damage you can take and what knocks you out of your socks, but it´s a bit irritating.

wotter

GQman2121 said:
Are there any details at all about Frontline? That's really all I'm interested in when discussing MOH. But there's just nothing out there right now.
What do you want to know? It's just the game you know from back then, but in hd (no mlaa and still some tearing tough) and with trophy support.

The only thing more "obvious" than the good reviews being "teh moneyhats" are the people who just blatantly want to hate on this game.

I'm not expecting or hoping for this game to be amazing, but I think it will be a solid and fun military shooter. I AM hoping there are some good reviews so half the people in this thread will shut up.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Seriously, I want a MoH game like FarCry 2 where you're in a huge open level world hunting down terrorists.

That concept seriously interests me. Where you could plan out your next strike, choose your deployments and then unlock bigger story-based campaign missions. Somebody get on this.

Yes. You have a compass and a map. You move your way through terrains of mountains and whatnot. You can even go inside caves. You can call in airstrikes if you spot a taliban base camp.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Yes. You have a compass and a map. You move your way through terrains of mountains and whatnot. You can even go inside caves. You can call in airstrikes if you spot a taliban base camp.
Day 1 if it has co-op. I've always wanted someone to take GRAW's co-op mission packs as the basis for a full scale game.

Alienshogun said:
Wouldn't happen since MOH is based more or less in reality. Soldiers (even SOF) don't just go out on their own with no objective or mission.

They would have to completely abandon what is supposed to make MOH what it is (aside from that abomination "airborne") or a completely different game would have to be made.
Put the players in the role of mission planning using finite assets.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Jason's Ultimatum said:
Seriously, I want a MoH game like FarCry 2 where you're in a huge open level world hunting down terrorists.

Wouldn't happen since MOH is based more or less in reality. Soldiers (even SOF) don't just go out on their own with no objective or mission.

They would have to completely abandon what is supposed to make MOH what it is (aside from that abomination "airborne") or a completely different game would have to be made.

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
Alienshogun said:

Airborne was by far the best in the series in game mechanics, gameplay & replay & is looking, right now, better than the new game.

kamspy

could someone do me a favor and shop a tier 1 beard onto my operator for an OT at another forum?

LiZOP.jpg

Top Bottom