• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor 2010 |OT| OPERATORS OPERATING in OPERATIONS

Nizz

eternaLightness said:
Just seen that it has shipped. Can't wait to get my hands on it.
From Amazon? I just checked mine and it still says shipping soon. I hope it gets here tomorrow, I got the release date delivery.

wallbc01

Neo Member
purple cobra said:
From Amazon? I just checked mine and it still says shipping soon. I hope it gets here tomorrow, I got the release date delivery.

yeah mine still says the same thing. just checked my online banking and it shows a hold for the $40 for the game so it should be here tomorrow.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Yes. You have a compass and a map. You move your way through terrains of mountains and whatnot. You can even go inside caves. You can call in airstrikes if you spot a taliban base camp.

This is ArmA II.

Nizz

Shit man, I'm kinda pissed off right now. Just a couple of minutes ago I got an e-mail telling me the game shipped. But when I saw the total billed it was $57.98. I had a $30.00 credit from an earlier trade-in and I thought they would have automatically used it towards MoH. I just checked and I still have the $30.00 credit.

Ok, finally home. Currently installing Frontline, which weighs in at 4444MB (and is taking foreverrrrrrr to install). MoH itself comes in at 2706MB. Make space, people!

EDIT: Okay, 20 minutes later and it's installed. Jeez. MoH has a Day 0 57MB patch, as well.

Massa

DevelopmentArrested said:
The dev team talked to military advisers .. of course it's realistic!

Yup.. 75% will be the aggregate.

Actually the devs don't claim the game is realistic, and they were asked about it on GTTV.

Of course you didn't know that! But it's funny you already have the game's metacritic score figured out and the game isn't even out yet.

Massa said:
Actually the devs don't claim the game is realistic, and they were asked about it on GTTV.

Of course you didn't know that! But it's funny you already have the game's metacritic score figured out and the game isn't even out yet.
it is out. so sorry

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Rated-Rsuperstar said:
Yeah cause one enemy you encounter for 20% of the game makes Airborne so terrible. Let me guess your next complaint would be that guns that upgrade is so unrealistic.

I agree with FTWer. Airborne is a rewarding game for those who took the time to play and enjoy it.

MoH is supposed to be steeped in authenticity and "real" events/possible scenarios, that kind of shit ruined the game.

It's MOH not Wolfenstein.

Revolutionary said:
Ok, finally home. Currently installing Frontline, which weighs in at 4444MB (and is taking foreverrrrrrr to install). MoH itself comes in at 2706MB. Make space, people!

EDIT: Okay, 20 minutes later and it's installed. Jeez. MoH has a Day 0 57MB patch, as well.

Installing too! Fixing to start the SP win it gets done!!!!!

Boooo!!! First online game and I got DC'ed. I was doing great, too. Unfortunately, doesn't seem as though any of it was saved. Yay...
Online Pass thing isn't working for me at all, either. It's not letting me input my code - it just goes straight to validating and then an error. Let me know if it works for you, CJ.

EDIT: Just dropped from my second game.. I'm 2 for 2. :|

EDIT2: Ok, 2 more games and no more dc's. Let's hope it stays that way.

demolitio

Anyone know when the EA Store usually releases the game for download? I'm taking a guess my order being in processing is normal until the game is released, and then a download link will be there?

It's the first time I used their digital download service because I had a 25% off code which sounded a lot better than the full price I was going to pay at GS.

I just wanted to get a link to download the game overnight instead of waiting a long time tomorrow while it downloads during the day meaning no online gaming for a while. :lol

Edit: I searched around and it seems like a download link is just supposed to appear when it launches, but should my order still say processing then? I only have the first invoice.

Alienshogun said:
MoH is supposed to be steeped in authenticity and "real" events/possible scenarios, that kind of shit ruined the game.

It's MOH not Wolfenstein.

It's a step in the right direction, it could have been the Black Hawk Down of games, but they wanted to cover all of their bases being an CoD and BC2 competitor while trying to differentiate themselves, which looks like making the game feel unfocused.

Finished single-player.

+ Gunplay is completely satisfying. All guns feel great to use. (grenades = useless though).
+ The story was half-decent in that I actually cared about the safety of the characters.
+ Some really cool sequences. Particularly
any time you use the Barrett
. Chapter 5, 7 and 9 are highlights.
+ Team Assault/Deathmatch is pretty fun, can get intense.

- Difficulty setting is a joke. Horrendously dumb enemy AI doesn't help but playing on Hard was a cakewalk.
- Shit-ton amount of technical problems. Bad clipping, some horrible textures, texture pop-in, screen tearing, huge frame-rate drops when air strikes hit, etc. This is with the game installed, playing on 360.
- Multiplayer is unbalanced (takes too long to level); Combat Mission is bfbc2-style yet gimped. Small selection of maps - not a lot of variety, average level design. Some bad lag so far.

7/10. Solid gunplay mechanics, engaging singleplayer that feels really familiar; is marred by some truly awful AI, a four hour campaign and horrific technical problems that scream 'rush job'.

Victrix

*beard*
I seriously can't fathom how they could rush the SP and produce a 4 hour experience.

It starts to look less like 'we split the game up so two teams could focus on SP and MP' and more like 'oh fuck no way we can finish MP in time, who can we call in to tack it on?'

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Victrix said:
I seriously can't fathom how they could rush the SP and produce a 4 hour experience.

It starts to look less like 'we split the game up so two teams could focus on SP and MP' and more like 'oh fuck no way we can finish MP in time, who can we call in to tack it on?'
Given that to my knowledge the multiplayer was lead by the Battlefield 1943 team, this is highly probable. :lol

Victrix

*beard*
Nirolak said:
Given that to my knowledge the MP was lead by the Battlefield 1943 team, this is highly probable. :lol

The sad thing is (and don't tell anyone in the FF14 thread), much like FF14, I was genuinely hoping this game would turn out great.

I'd love to see another modern competitor to CoD in terms of MP (I don't care about the SP as much, fps SP is rarely enduring)

Instead it seems to be clocking in at average, which just isn't strong enough.

Oh well. I'll try out MP this week, see what I think of the final. Maybe it has unicorns.

Sew

I've skimmed this thread and the official site but no answer yet - is there local co-op? Specifically, LAN co-op on the 360?

just got done watching a stream of some guy finishing the single player. Looked pretty bland.

Also, i'm not a champion of "games should be longer" but for those who care, it took them about 4 and a half hours.

Which might be okay if it didn't look so damn blah. I was having a hard time paying attention. :lol

Hmmm seriously tempted by this, cod has just gotten to silly for me now, and black ops just seems to be worse, gimmick heaven. I'm after a solid multiplayer game that is more realistic that mw2, with now akimbo shotguns etc, does moh fit the bill though ? I don't really like battlefield either.

mr_nothin

Banned
Jamesearlcash said:
Hmmm seriously tempted by this, cod has just gotten to silly for me now, and black ops just seems to be worse, gimmick heaven. I'm after a solid multiplayer game that is more realistic that mw2, with now akimbo shotguns etc, does moh fit the bill though ? I don't really like battlefield either.
I definitely think you'll enjoy it then.

Saty

RPS' Wot I Think: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2010/10/12/wot-i-think-medal-of-honour/#more-41516
The game sounds awful.

The overwhelming sensation throughout is of being uninvolved. So much so that at one point, unable to remember that I was supposed to hold down the right mouse button and then the left in order to target a building for an airstrike ,I took so long about it the game just called the airstrike in anyway, and the level was won. Me – I’ll just sit here.

:lol :|

f0rk

Vinterbird said:
Yeah, because BF3 on PC is going to be totally different product compared to the console one.....

If it isn't then it will either be shit or a console revolution.

Eurogamer give it an 8, though from what i skimmed it 'reads' like less.

I thought that as well.

Top Bottom