• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Medal of Honor 2010 |OT| OPERATORS OPERATING in OPERATIONS

Revolutionary said:
Boooo!!! First online game and I got DC'ed. I was doing great, too. Unfortunately, doesn't seem as though any of it was saved. Yay...
Online Pass thing isn't working for me at all, either. It's not letting me input my code - it just goes straight to validating and then an error. Let me know if it works for you, CJ.

EDIT: Just dropped from my second game.. I'm 2 for 2. :|

EDIT2: Ok, 2 more games and no more dc's. Let's hope it stays that way.

It didn't work for me, but the MOH twitter just tweeted that you can input the code in the PSN Store. I'm gonna try that now. I have been playing the SP because I know how shit servers are the first day. So far the SP is pretty bad ass! I would guess I am about halfway through!

styl3s

i have a quick question about MOH frontline, does it only come on the ps3? is it on all editions? just the tier 1?

NHale

styl3s said:
i have a quick question about MOH frontline, does it only come on the ps3? is it on all editions? just the tier 1?

PS3 exclusive. It's included with every PS3 version (voucher to download).

Saty

Holy shit, for IGN to give it a 6 then it must really be flawed. I would even start to 'worry' about the 3 million copies EA targeted.

Looks like, I'll be skipping this one. Rushed job, no thanks. I liked Airbourne, then again I got it for 20 bucks, so maybe wait a while on this one.

If Call of Duty can't pull it together, looks like I'll be sticking with Nintendo for my big game purchases (Donkey Kong/Kirby)

styl3s

Apesht Mcfckface said:
Looks like, I'll be skipping this one. Rushed job, no thanks. I liked Airbourne, then again I got it for 20 bucks, so maybe wait a while on this one.

If Call of Duty can't pull it together, looks like I'll be sticking with Nintendo for my big game purchases (Donkey Kong/Kirby)
From the beta and what i have seen it's far from rushed it's just not as polished as some bigger games that have a bigger team which is completely understandable, i know is i had more fun in the beta then i did halo reach, MW2 and BC2 combined which is good enough to warrant 65$ from me.

hopefully the "hd" frontlines isn't some shotty port, it's the only reason im picking the ps3 version otherwise i would get it on 360.

Giantbomb's Review said:
Also, for all the time spent focusing on how these soldiers are so raw that they get to wear beards, you'd think that the in-game beards would look a little better.

Now the OP is just sad :(

Sucks to hear that the single player seems really unpolished. Few things annoy me more than AI partners who stand in doorways

I know this was (apparently) an unreasonable request but I was hoping since the game was tied to a real ongoing conflict that the story would be more interesting

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
Throwing my publication's review into the mix: 7/10 @ GameZone

There are valiant moments of glory that shine through the debris, although they are always burdened by mechanical gameplay and shallow characters that expect you to care without reason. Medal of Honor’s Tier 1 mode and online multiplayer are the heroes of this story, but are ultimately on a suicide mission against the current opposition.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
mr_nothin said:
Ppl actually play the SP portions of these games still?

CoD 1
CoD 2
Killzone 2
Resistance 1
Resistance 2

All of them I bought and never touched the single player for more than 1 or 2 hours total, for all the games COMBINED. Single player is just so boring ...

Anyway, I ordered the game last night. No real desire to play it, but figured what the heck, multiplayer is usually fun for a bit.

PaNaMa

Banned
The IGN and Giant Bomb reviews effectively describe my experience with the game so far.

Update

I noticed yesterday that Xbox Live forced an update to the game. Presumably this is a patch that addresses some (all?) of the glitchy issues people have been experiencing.

This was Thanksgiving weekend in Canada, so stores had their copies since last week and I was able to get my copy early. All of the issues I experienced with the game so far has been prior to yesterday's update. I'm kind of excited to get home today and play some more, to see if any of the issues were resolved with the update.

mr_nothin

Banned
Stoffinator said:
It's the only reason I buy them. I have no interest in multi player.
Sooo it's safe to say that you actually enjoy the SP portions of these types of games (CODMW/BFBC2/MoH)? I dont see how you can stand it...

Spookie said:
Yes. I'm not paying £35 for a multiplayer game.
There are plently of multiplayer games that offer better experiences than SP games. I dont get why you wouldn't pay that for a multiplayer game...most hours are spent in the multiplayer section of these games. I'd say the opposite of your statement for these kind of games, their campaigns suck. Seems like most of the value comes from the multiplayer section.

commish said:
CoD 1
CoD 2
Killzone 2
Resistance 1
Resistance 2

All of them I bought and never touched the single player for more than 1 or 2 hours total, for all the games COMBINED. Single player is just so boring ...

Anyway, I ordered the game last night. No real desire to play it, but figured what the heck, multiplayer is usually fun for a bit.
I'm with this guy.

sdornan

commish said:
CoD 1
CoD 2
Killzone 2
Resistance 1
Resistance 2

I would list all the games for which I've played the single player and never touched the multiplayer but the list would be too long.

Frillen

I really thought Gametrailers would give it a 6 or something at the end of the review. 8.1 doesn't really dance with what was said in the video review.

Synless

commish said:
CoD 1
CoD 2
Killzone 2
Resistance 1
Resistance 2

I'm the opposite of you. I play the story and leave the MP portion alone after a few hours, I get bored of MP very easily.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Synless said:
I'm the opposite of you. I play the story and leave the MP portion alone after a few hours, I get bored of MP very easily.

There's not much bang for the buck if you only do SP... they are all over so quickly. If I were you, I'd just rent any FPS.

Spookie

mr_nothin said:
I'd say the opposite of your statement for these kind of games, their campaigns suck.

Make less shit campaigns then. If an RTS (SCII) can make a quality MP and a stunningly varied SP. Shooters can do it.

Synless

commish said:
There's not much bang for the buck if you only do SP... they are all over so quickly. If I were you, I'd just rent any FPS.
I do rent them now. The only execptions are for games that have co-op missions, I love those.

MW...has depth? MW1 arguably was the pinnacle of the (MW) series. But MW2 is a circus of unbalanced game mechanics and insta-spawn, massively aim assisted online game to date. I feel MoH MP is well above competent. Everything just works. No over the top perks/abilities and the MoH killstreak reward system is balanced compared to the CoD of late, which offers a choice between rewards that benefit your team or give said player access to powerful artillery. While I don't think MoH is radically different, it separates itself from the CoD formula enough...to warrant my interest.

Caspel

Business & Marketing Manager @ GungHo
PaNaMa said:
Excellent review. (tho the 7 might be a half a mark too generous imo).

Thanks. I'll let our staff member your thoughts. This and Dead Rising 2 aren't exactly stirring the crowds in a positive manner like I had imagined.

mr_nothin

Banned
BrLvgThrChmstry said:
MW...has depth? MW1 arguably was the pinnacle of the (MW) series. But MW2 is a circus of unbalanced game mechanics and insta-spawn, massively aim assisted online game to date. I feel MoH MP is well above competent. Everything is works. No over the top perks/abilities and the MoH killstreak reward system is balanced compared to the CoD of late, which offers a choice between rewards that benefit your team or give said player access to powerful artillery. While I don't think MoH is radically different, it separates itself from the CoD formula enough...to warrant my interest.
You're going to hate it :lol
I wonder how it's going to turn out on consoles.

DaBuddaDa

sdornan said:
Jeff rips into the game pretty good near the end of the Quick Look.
Honestly, after reading the review and watching the quick look, Jeff was probably reeling trying to decide between giving it a 2/5 or a 3/5.

sflufan

Banned
I can't think of anything more dull than the multiplayer for these games. They're all pretty much the same damned thing over and over again. At least with the single-player, there is a story and characters to hold my attention.

The only multiplayer game worth a damn is TF2.

mr_nothin said:
You're going to hate it :lol
I wonder how it's going to turn out on consoles.

NO. I hated the beta. The death glitch killed my enjoyment...completely. It was a beta. I'm headed out in a few to pick it up. I imagine it won't look as pretty on the PS3, especially compared to PC. For me, MP first...maybe some SP at some point.

wallbc01

Neo Member
Reviews are all over the place. I'm not a big fan of COD so it sounds like I will enjoy the game :D My buddy picked it up last night and texted me today that it's awesome and we usually have some interests so now I wait for UPS to get here

Top Bottom