• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create 18 - 24 Dec

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Stopsign said:
I just noticed something. When is Yoshi's Island DS coming out in Japan? It is unusual for Nintendo to release a game in America/Europe first. I guess they want to save something for the first quarter in Japan on the DS. Actually, what is coming out in the first quarter for the DS in Japan?
dunno, but a little game called Dragon Quest IX is coming out in April.

AniHawk

GaimeGuy said:
dunno, but a little game called Dragon Quest IX is coming out in April.

What? IX stands for 9, meaning it's part of a series. Maybe you meant Dragon Questix, because I've never heard of that other one before.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
So, apparantly in order of importance in Japan:

Pokaymans
Mario
Animal Crossing
Brain Training
Kirby
Zelda
Donkey Kong
Fire Emblem
Starfox
Fzero
Metroid

Did I get that right?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I can't wait for hardware.

Here are last week's:

mc-sales-061211.jpg

mc-marketshare-061211.jpg

Aadil

Banned
Oblivion said:

Pokaymans
Mario
Animal Crossing
Brain Training
Kirby
Zelda
Donkey Kong
Fire Emblem
Starfox
Fzero
Metroid

Did I get that right?

Hmmm, put Fire Emblem a little higher.

ivysaur12 said:
11. Tales of the World PSP
12. Animal Crossing WW DS
13. Common Sense Training DS
14. More Brain Age DS
15. Tamagachi 2 DS
16. IQ Training DS
17. Mario Kart DS
18. Cooking Navi DS
19. Pokemon Battle Revolution Wii
20. Wario Ware Wii
21. Zelda Wii
22. Brain Age DS
23. Yakuza 2
24. Naruto DS
25. Kanji Training DS
26. Armored Core 4 PS3
27. Lost Planet X360
28. Megaman DS

Armored Core 26
Lost Planet 28

It will do for a smile anyway.

threeball

Banned
I don't get it, Zelda has similar first week sales than MGS:pO, yet Zelda is a flop and MGS:pO is a smashing success, according to GAF. That's GAF for you

Joe Molotov

Oblivion said:
Hmm, that's quite impressive. Now Zelda (and I'm talking about Zelda in general) is behind Kirby as well in Japan. That's gotta hurt!

Let's wait until they release Phantom Hourglass.

methane47

threeball said:
I don't get it, Zelda has similar first week sales than MGS:pO, yet Zelda is a flop and MGS:pO is a smashing success, according to GAF. That's GAF for you

Nintendy going 3rd party? :lol

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
threeball said:
apples-oranges.jpg

Oblivion said:

Pokaymans
Mario
Animal Crossing
Brain Training
Kirby
Zelda
Donkey Kong
Fire Emblem
Starfox
Metroid
F-Zero

Did I get that right?

fixed

sad but true. even Metroid sells much better than F-Zero there.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
duderon said:
Sales a year ago.

1. Kingdom Hearts II 727.591 727.591
2. Animal Crossing: Wild World 416.132 1.177.108
3. Mario Kart DS 302.742 667.799
4. Naruto: Narutimate Hero 3 216.966 216.966
5. Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon: Blue Rescue Force 157.786 511.704
6. Pokemon Mysterious Dungeon: Red Rescue Force 156.430 512.054
7. Tamagotchi no PuchiPuchi Omisecchi 156.181 721.104
8. Metal Gear Solid 3 Subsistence 103.894 103.894
9. Mario Party 7 100.130 319.650
10. Brain Training 93.240 1.004.681

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78587
AC and BT have been in the top 30 for well over a year straight? I'm sorry, but even though DS in JPN is same ol same ol by now, that is just amazing in the context of video game history. Had you told me two years ago that the DS would become arguably (though soon it might not even be arguable) the most successful video game system of all time, I would have said "it will do very well, but I doubt it'll beat the PS2 or GBA". And I realize these are the JPN charts, but knowing that the same games are selling like crazy all over the world, and the rumored 2M units sold in US in December alone...

really, after the N64 and GCN, who ****ing could have predicted this? Iwata and Miyamoto are geniuses just for that alone.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Oblivion said:

Pokaymans
Mario
Animal Crossing
Brain Training
Kirby
Zelda
Donkey Kong
Fire Emblem
Starfox
Fzero
Metroid

Did I get that right?

Where would Famicom Wars go? It's been slipping. It's gotta be more popular than Fzero.

linsivvi

Jammy said:
You might hate VGCharts, but the proportions for game sales should be just about the same. I also find the numbers to be fairly accurate, if a bit high by several thousand.

Kirby: Canvas Curse (DS) - 344,500
Kirby: Squeak Squad (DS) - 761,250
Kirby: Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA) - 914,750
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror (GBA) - 763,000

Is this just me? I really thought Canvas Curse was the superior DS Kirby game...

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
threeball said:

Zelda is Zelda: It has ultra-high expectations and standards.

Jammy

Banned
Stopsign said:
I just noticed something. When is Yoshi's Island DS coming out in Japan? It is unusual for Nintendo to release a game in America/Europe first. I guess they want to save something for the first quarter in Japan on the DS. Actually, what is coming out in the first quarter for the DS in Japan?

It'll come out when NSMB's sales dwindle big-time.

Jammy

Banned
threeball said:

This is the same GAF that doesn't believe that there's been numerous instances where people have walked into stores and seen PS3s just sitting on the shelves for some time. It HAS to be sold out as soon as it ships because it's the successor to the almighty PS2, right?

Jammy said:
This is the same GAF that doesn't believe that there's been numerous instances where people have walked into stores and seen PS3s just sitting on the shelves for some time. It HAS to be sold out as soon as it ships because it's the successor to the almighty PS2, right?

Couldnt that also be said as "This is the same GAF that refuses to believe that people still want PS3s and that they are selling because Sony am doomed,right?

Oh nos!
Why does every thread turn into this shit?

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
@ Ookie & Jammy:
Always with the attacking and defending of your precious consoles. WTF.

You guys are spinning each other for no ****ing reason, and what exactly does that have to do with the MC Sales this week?

Jammy

Banned
OokieSpookie said:
Couldnt that also be said as "This is the same GAF that refuses to believe that people still want PS3s and that they are selling because Sony am doomed,right?

Oh nos!
Why does every thread turn into this shit?

I don't think anybody's said that at all. This is the same as that "PSP has no games" business where people like Wario, etc. were just milking and abusing that line out of context.

Jammy

Banned
PantherLotus said:
Always with the attacking and defending of your precious consoles. WTF.

You guys are spinning each other for no ****ing reason, and what exactly does that have to do with the MC Sales this week?

I'm attacking the "all-or-nothing-ness" :lol of GAF, not the systems themselves.

VerTiGo

Banned
It sucks that Squeak Squad is selling more than Canvas Curse, especiall when Canvas Curse is absolutely amazing and kicks the shit out of Squeak Squad.

GreenGlowingGoo said:
Where would Famicom Wars go? It's been slipping. It's gotta be more popular than Fzero.

famicom wars is still more popular than F-Zero. more than metroid i think since Metroid took a huge dip there.

consider the fact that the last F-Zero game in japan opened with 5k around october 2004.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Jammy said:
Wow... Did I really start something? Does GAF just include Wii as last-generation or what?

Well, not all of GAF. But when certain mods have certain ideas it's sometimes not wise to go against them.

fallout

Jammy said:
Wow... Did I really start something? Does GAF just include Wii as last-generation or what?
Shitty graphics == last gen. That's just how things are around here. I suggest doing as I do and just shut up about it.

cvxfreak

Would have posted the charts and translations, but I was in the middle of my RE marathon. :lol

Nice DS numbers. I thought Kirby might have had the strength to sell a million and with two big weeks to go + DS legs (Touch Kirby had some pretty good legs throughout 2005), it should get there no problem. I'm sure Common Knowledge Training and Love and Berry will be there before long, as should FFIII. :D

Top Bottom