• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Media Create 18 - 24 Dec

wow....many titles resurrected this week o_O

I mean, hell, now Jump Ultimate Starts will surpass JSS next week, and by good mile in no time. Love & Berry bumps to nearly kill its first shipment and the next two weeks numbers will probably push it over a million.

But, looking down, Tamagotchi 2 bumps to top15 and probably >75k...I discarded this one a while ago and now it seems it can reach 1m easily (as it should be around 700-800k already) with the next two weeks spree.

Very good numbers for PSP titles, MGSPO shows there is a little, but caring base there, hopefully it pulls some good numbers in the next weeks, as its still very far from numbered entries. ToW doing ¿110-130k? is hell awesome for the series, seems Namco was right giving PSP more Tales after the ToE port.

Wii Sports and Wii Play are starting to look like the next top 10 residents for a long time. Zelda pulls a few more units although loses to Wario Wii (it was ahead of it every week until this one).

Everything did good this week minus....of course! next-gen stuff, as in PS3-360 stuff. Ugh, I don't want to see PS3 hardware numbers. Dawn of Mana also dissapoints if you follow first day sales, its first shipment was very big, and didn't seem to have legs after the first day numbers.

jesusraz

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Dawn of Mana also dissapoints if you follow first day sales, its first shipment was very big, and didn't seem to have legs after the first day numbers.

Children of Mana started off with about 100,000 on its first week with a 6.2 million DS userbase in March, and now Dawn of Mana hits with just over 150,000 on the back of a 20+ million PS2 userbase. Interesting...

If Children of Mana could scrape to ~300,000 so far, it looks like it'll be a close one between CoM and DoM overall then, since PS2 games seem to be dropping quickly lately.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Very good numbers for PSP titles, MGSPO shows there is a little, but caring base there, hopefully it pulls some good numbers in the next weeks, as its still very far from numbered entries. ToW doing ¿110-130k? is hell awesome for the series, seems Namco was right giving PSP more Tales after the ToE port.

Well if they ever decide to give the PSP an original main series Tales game, hopefully they won't ruin it like Tempest.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Souldriver said:
Q: were the new colors for PSP in the week from 18-24 dec? Or are they releasing later?
Blue PSP was released on the 21st with MGS:pO which means all three new colors revealed at TGS have been released now.

jesusraz

jj984jj said:
Blue PSP was released on the 21st with MGS:pO which means all three new colors revealed at TGS have been released now.

Exactly, and considering they were meant to instigate a revival in the PSP's fortunes you really have to wonder what else Sony can do, other than push Square Enix to release FFVII: CC out the door ASAP.

jesusraz said:
Children of Mana started off with about 100,000 on its first week with a 6.2 million DS userbase in March, and now Dawn of Mana hits with just over 150,000 on the back of a 20+ million PS2 userbase. Interesting...

If Children of Mana could scrape to ~300,000 so far, it looks like it'll be a close one between CoM and DoM overall then, since PS2 games seem to be dropping quickly lately.
I don't think the userbase makes much difference (when there is a good one already)...actually it benefited Children of Mana since it was there with DS Lite launch.

But what I mean is...150k look like it'll end on 200-250k, with the usual PS2 games performance that is. The first shipment was 300 or 400k!, can't check now the last thread.

verplant

ivysaur12 said:
11. Tales of the World PSP
12. Animal Crossing WW DS
13. Common Sense Training DS
14. More Brain Age DS
15. Tamagachi 2 DS
16. IQ Training DS
17. Mario Kart DS
18. Cooking Navi DS
19. Pokemon Battle Revolution Wii
20. Wario Ware Wii
21. Zelda Wii
22. Brain Age DS
23. Yakuza 2
24. Naruto DS
25. Kanji Training DS
26. Armored Core 4 PS3
27. Lost Planet X360
28. Megaman DS

Lost Plantet is #28
Mega Man (Pegasus version) is #30

Missing:

27. (NDS / Bandai Namco) Heisei Kyouikuiinkai DS / NEW
29. (NDS / Shogakukan Production) DS Kageyama Method

=>

1. (NDS / Nintendo) Pokemon Diamant - 209.379 / 2.329.227
2. (PSP / Konami) Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops - 178.370 / NEW
3. (NDS / Nintendo) Pokemon Pearl - 164.670 / 1.931.445
4. (NDS / Nintendo) New Super Mario Bros. - 154.107 / 3.771.128
5. (Wii / Nintendo) Wii Sports - 152.756 / 471.229
6. (PS2 / Square Enix) Seiken Densetsu 4 - 152.062 / NEW
7. (NDS / Nintendo) Kirby Squeak Squad - 149.350 / 706.984
8. (NDS / Sega) Love and Berry DS Collection - 139.382 / 747.926
9. (Wii / Nintendo) Wii Play - 137.495 / 439.323
10. (NDS / Nintendo) Jump Ultimate Stars - 134.551 / 484.529
11. (PSP / Bandai Namco) Tales of the World Radiant Mythology / NEW
12. (NDS / Nintendo) Animal Crossing: Wild World
13. (NDS / Nintendo) Otona no Joushikiryoku Training DS
14. (NDS / Nintendo) Dr. Kawashima: More Brain Training
15. (NDS / Bandai Namco) Tamagotchi no Puchi Puchi Omisetchi Gohiikini
16. (NDS / Spike) Nounai Aesthe: IQ Suppli DS / NEW
17. (NDS / Nintendo) Mario Kart DS
18. (NDS / Nintendo) Shaberu! Oryouri Nabi
19. (Wii / Nintendo) Pokemon Battle Revolution
20. (Wii / Nintendo) Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
21. (Wii / Nintendo) Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
22. (NDS / Nintendo) Dr. Kawashima: Brain Training
23. (PS2 / Sega) Yakuza 2
24. (NDS / Tomy Entertainment) Naruto Shinobi Retsuden DS
25. (NDS / IE Institute) 200 Bannin no Kan Ken: Tokoton Kanji Nou
26. (PS3 / From Software) Armored Core 4 / NEW
27. (NDS / Bandai Namco) Heisei Kyouikuiinkai DS / NEW
28. (360 / Capcom) Lost Planet: Extreme Condition / NEW
29. (NDS / Shogakukan Production) DS Kageyama Method
30. (NDS / Capcom) Mega Man Star Force: Pegasus

Kseutron

Jonnyram said:
Regarding the amazon thing... 60GB PS3 sold out in 8 hours today. 20GB pack is still available after this time.

Are you talking about amazon.co.jp ? Oh and what about the wii's situation over there ?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Iwata definitely deserves the nod over Moore. Moore has done nothing this gen. Now granted nothing is all MS needed to do to maintain their momentum from last gen and keep the status quo... But yeah, Iwata is the man who came into Nintendo on a downward spiral, both in sales and mindshare, and has two of the best selling systems this holiday (three is you still count GBA in US at least), more worldwide and region specific million sellers than any other publisher, and is executing perfectly on the strategy to get people playing games who normally don't play games. I'm not saying the guy is a god or anything, but I would definitely say that seems to me like he is the top guy in the video game industry. When you have the top selling systems, bring in new gamers, and sell a shitload of games, what else is there?

Usual DS domination...

PS3 is downright depressing.

PS2 is... I guess Japan has a quick turnover rate for switching to next-gen.

duckroll

31. Magic Taizen (DS)
32. Cooking Navi (DS)
33. English Training for Adults (DS)
34. Gundam SEED Destiny Alliance vs ZAFT II Plus (PS2)
35. Ryusei no Rockman Leo (DS)
36. Kirarin Revolution (DS)
37. Kanji Training (DS)
38. Ryusei no Rockman Dragon (DS)
39. Chocobo and the Magic Picture Book (DS)
40. Ryu ga Gotoku The Best (PS2)
41. Fuurai no Shiren (DS)
42. PawaPuro-kun Pocket 9 (DS)
43. Tetris DS (DS)
44. Momotetsu 16 (PS2)
45. Prince of Tennis Doki Doki Survival (PS2)
46. Mario Basket 3on3 (DS)
47. Final Fantasy III (DS)
48. Winning Eleven 10 (PSP)
49. Power Pro Baseball 13 (PS2)
50. Need For Speed Carbon (PS2)

Good HW numbers for everyone but PS3 lol....Wii is crushing it, its up to Nintendo to exploit PS3 shipment weakness. I wonder when will Sony be able to put up some battle...

Nice from mcreate to mention ToW :) Good PSP sales!

Aadil

Banned
Hardware:
DSL 485,584
Wii 279,277
PSP 138,588
PS3 76,882
PS2 46,209
Xbox360 17,213
GBM 2,394
GBASP 1,858
GC 1,250
DS 380
GBA 57
Xbox 11

Look at PSP go... Highest week?

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Good HW numbers for everyone but PS3 lol....Wii is crushing it, its up to Nintendo to exploit PS3 shipment weakness. I wonder when will Sony be able to put up some battle...

Nice from mcreate to mention ToW :) Good PSP sales!
well, i'm fully expecting what's happening with the psp this week to be a mirror of what happened to the 360 when Blue Dragon came out. in other words, a one week spike buoyed by a good game (with the bundle and the new psp colour accounting for the rest). when the psp only manages 2 titles in the top 50 it's pretty obvious that the healthy sales are down to the new colour and a system selling piece of software.

good to see PO selling though... i just see no real reason to expect it to stay around.

360 is hanging in there baby!

jesusraz said:

Wasn't a certain sect calling CoM bomba?

jj984jj

Wow, so aside from the blue PSP a special one was released as well? Including two big software releases? It's surprising that PSP still couldn't sell as well as last year. It sold over 150K IIRC. Maybe PSP is having shortages as well? I know that's why DS couldn't beat the 600K it sold last year, but I'm not sure about the PSP. Last year PSP had no software push like it has this week either, I remember that Izzy wouldn't let us chalk PSP's sales upto the holiday season because of that.

klee123

jj984jj said:
Wow, so aside from the blue PSP a special one was released as well? Including two big software releases? It's surprising that PSP still couldn't sell as well as last year. It sold over 150K IIRC. Maybe PSP is having shortages as well? I know that's why DS couldn't beat the 600K it sold last year, but I'm not sure about the PSP. Last year PSP had no software push it that week either, I remember that Izzy wouldn't let us chalk PSP's sales upto the holiday season because of that.

I'm just surprised that the TotW PSP packs sold so well in comparison to the MGS PO packs.

klee123 said:
I'm just surprised that the TotW PSP packs sold so well in comparison to the MGS PO packs.
Did I miss something? ToW number is software + bundle but we don't know how many bundles were there. It was a limited edition as far as I know. I think there was a MGSPO LE too.

So how many more Wii's need to sell before they beat the LTD of the PSP? :D

vvv Well, I can see it happening by the time Xmas '07 hits.

starship

psycho_snake's and The Black Brad Pitt's B*TCH
32 DS games in the top 50, total domination. :lol
And good hardware sales for Nintendo.
Also Blue Dragon out of the top 50 already, Bebpo where are you?

klee123

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Did I miss something? ToW number is software + bundle but we don't know how many bundles were there. It was a limited edition as far as I know. I think there was a MGSPO LE too.

Well, according to the list, the PSP hardware sales was 138,588 and the TotW PSP packs sold 122,889. Since Bo130 stated that the overall PSP hardware sales include the TotW packs, that means that a bit over 15000 units remain for the MGSPO packs, but if you include potential sales for the normal PSP units, then the MGS PO packs probably didn't even break over 10K

jj984jj

GreenNight said:
So how many more Wii's need to sell before they beat the LTD of the PSP? :D
About 4 million?

klee123 said:
Well, according to the list, the PSP hardware sales was 138,588 and the TotW PSP packs sold 122,889. Since Bo130 stated that the overall PSP hardware sales include the TotW packs, that means that a bit over 15000 units remain for the MGSPO packs, but if you include potential sales for the normal PSP units, then the MGS PO packs probably didn't even break over 10K
TotW is #11 in the SW chart, that's how many copies were sold.

RaijinFY

So the 20GB isnt selling? One has to wonder why suddenly MS and Sony decided to go with the two SKU's shit, really... It makes things more difficult for everyone.

starship

plagiarize said:
well, i'm fully expecting what's happening with the psp this week to be a mirror of what happened to the 360 when Blue Dragon came out. in other words, a one week spike buoyed by a good game (with the bundle and the new psp colour accounting for the rest). when the psp only manages 2 titles in the top 50 it's pretty obvious that the healthy sales are down to the new colour and a system selling piece of software.

good to see PO selling though... i just see no real reason to expect it to stay around.
PSP has 3 games in the top 50.

RaijinFY said:
So the 20GB isnt selling? One has to wonder why suddenly MS and Sony decided to go with the two SKU's shit, really... It makes things more difficult for everyone.

I was actually thinking about this, can Sony turn around and take 20gb's and flip them to 60's if need be? Like, for a Core 360, just pop on a HDD and whammo. Is the Wi-Fi thingie on the 60 hardwired or can it easily be added?

swerve

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
its up to Nintendo to exploit PS3 shipment weakness.

Sony have been shipping well above demand recently. It's been possible to walk into any of the game/media stores near me and get a PS3 for over a week now. I guess the blue diode issues are over. Wii is a total sellout, on the otherhand, everywhere. But then this is Kyoto, and Nintendo do live here...

starship

jj984jj said:
About 4 million?

TotW is #11 in the SW chart, that's how many copies were sold.
So what?
Blue Dragon couldn't sell more than 15k this past week.

All things considered, XBOX 360 is doing way better than I ever gave it credit for.

That said, Wii and DS are dominating this Christmas. I can't wait to see the New Years' media create thread.

Sony seems to have gotten their production problems handled, and they're doing well, but the Wii is creating a HUGE gap for them to close. We may see some serious megatons in '07.

Top Bottom